Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOL... People are so funny! My friend who is pretty consistent in the size 10-12 range had posted she was selling some of her size nine clothes. When I saw her at church I said "hey, if you end up just giving those clothes away I can take them for after wls." She said to me "You better not get smaller then me! I don't want to be the chubby friend!" I laughed and gave her a hug and said so what size am I allowed to get down to? She said a 10. heheheh I am fine with that lol!!! My surgeon said the ideal weight for 5 ft 1 was 105. I laughed. He continued with saying that most people with the sleeve lose 60 % of their excess weight which puts me at a goal weight of 156. Fine with me. SHould still be able to keep that friend... heheheheh

I have a friend who has lost 50+ lbs on her own with diet and exercise. I told her I was contemplating surgery and she made comments about how she did it on her own. Made me feel as though considering surgery was a stupid decision. That I should be able to work my ass off to lose the weight myself. I guess there is a part of me that thinks that as well. I guess what Ive realized is that the rude comments can be in our own heads as well.

Yea' date=' unfortunately, women can be mean and jealous! I don't like this aspect of our kind!!

I have too have experienced this first hand ... I've told the story before, but I will tell again (now I find it amusing).

Just after my sleeve - nearly 2 yrs ago - a friend of mine saw how I was losing weight. She had just had a baby and was caring extra weight. OUt of the blue, like so many other stories, she became a diet and exerise 'expert'. She worked out 7 days a week and hardly ate a thing - her mother had her two kids for her to do this btw.

She kept telling me how many inches she was losing, howmany pounds she had lost and what size she was. This would be followed by a half hearted question about my own weight loss. She knew about my sleeve.

She used me as competition. She couldn't stand the thoought of me being smaller than her... I have ALWAYS been the biggest in our friendship group.

She even gave me her clothes that were 'too big' for her, these included several maternity trousers. She explained this by stating that: 'I know your problem area is your tummy, so these are perfect!' Implying that I looked pregnant!

Anyway, fast forward two years... here I am currently maintaining at my 72lb weight loss and I fit nicely into a UK14.

My friend however, has put a lot of weight back on and is now a good 14lbs if not more heavier than me and at least one clothing size bigger.

I have not said ANYTHING about her weight gain. I have been tempted to pay back her back handed compliments, but I am being the bigger -metaphorically of course - person!

Try to ignore comments with negative undertones and outright negative elements... this is your experience. This is your time to get healthy, fit and happy.... bugger everyone else!!

Good luck to you ... =']

pass her maternity clothes back to her lol