Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much to ask for today

I go in for 4th fill today and not really sure how much to ask for.

1st-1cc

2nd-1cc total 2cc

3rd- .3cc to take me back up to 2cc

I do have restriction, but not enough to get full after 1 cup of food. To gauge it, for lunch yesterday, I had a tuna fish sandwich (yes, the whole thing) and a half of an avacado.

It doesn't sound like you need a whole lot... maybe 0.5 cc's?

I also need to add that I have lost nothing since right after banding (liquid phase) 4.5 months ago. I also had barium swallow done last week and the barium just poured through.

I definitely do not want to get anywhere near too tight, but it's time for me to start losing.

I know how you feel. Until I got restriction on fill #3, I wondered what everyone thought was so great about the band. If you're able to eat anything, feel no restriction, and haven't lost weight it might be time to:

1. Measure and weigh foods

2. Log what you're eating

3. Get back to exercising

4. Get a fill that gives you proper restriction

You started at a lower BMI so don't compare yourself to anyone. I learned that lesson myself. At 46, I'm not going to lose like younger people and I certainly don't lose like some people with BMIs as high as mine. Since I'm not in a race with anyone, I only have something to prove to myself.

Talk to your surgeon and get that next fill. You'll be a loser again in no time. NEVER GIVE UP!

I was originally told I had a 4 cc band but was later told I had a 10 cc Vanguard Iname band. Thanks for mentioning that, I am going to have to edit that out.

Don't ASK for a specific fill amount. Do it based on restriction. My doc gives me a drink, and allows me to keep drinking until it feels uncomfortable, then he pulls back until it is. I don't even know the number until he is done. The number means crap, the restriction is what is important.

Stop thinking in terms of numbers... think restriction.

Well, I'm definitely restricted now. He put in .5cc and I can now feel it. I can drink just fine....haven't tried to eat just yet. I did have some very thin grits last night because I was hungry. I felt them go down the whole way....never felt that before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches