Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We Need a Support Group

There us a group forming .We are going to meet at The Flying star Restaurant in Corrales This sunday ,Feb.8th. 09 at three pm. The corner of 528 an corrales Rd.Come join us!!!!!!!! Laura

:confused::thumbup::thumbup:To every one in Albuquerque and surrounding area.There will be a support group meeeting at three PM. this Sunday,Feb 8th.09.We will meet at the flying Star Restaurant at the corner of Corrales Rd. and 528 come join us !!!

Please come and Join us! We started this group a couple of months ago, and we love seeing new faces.

Here are the notes from last sunday's meeting:

Good Morning Beautiful Bandsters!

It was amazing to meet so many fabulous people at the Banders meeting on

Sunday. You all are looking amazing!

I wanted to through out an objective for our group as an idea to discuss.

*Objective: * *To gather together in support with other lap banders, to

Celebrate our successes, and find solutions to our challenges. These

meeting will be focused on our physical health, mental well-being, and

continued fitness as we transform into our true selves.*

Let us all know what you think of that as a group objective. We can refine

it at the next meeting and post it as our affirmation.

I have put together an email contact list I will be sending out seperately

to each of you, so it's not on a public groups forum.

It would be great if each of you could write out your answers to the

question I posed for the meeting. As you know if you speak it you affirm

it, if you write it it becomes a reality. I encourage each of you to at

least write down your affirmation, and if you would like to share with this

group, that would be great for us to be able to support you with.

Next month, Connie has graciously offered her home for our meeting. The

topic of this meeting will be "Book Reviews" Please bring a health focused,

or inspirational book that has inspired your continued weight loss success

and could help others in our group continue on their path to full health and

fitness. You will each get a chance to talk about your book, and what you

have gotten from it that is helping you as you loose weight after being

banded.

Speaking of fitness, several of us committed to trying the *Run/walk for the

Zoo* this year. It is on Sunday, May 3rd with the course down along the

river and around the zoo. They have:

1. 8:30 am a 5 k fitness run/walk

2. 9:30 am a 5 k fitness walk

3. 10:45 am a 1 mile fitness walk

When you register you get a t-shirt and free admission to the zoo afterward

for the day. Admission is $25.00. Here is the link

http://www.bioparksociety.org/runforthezoo/

I encourage you all to think about participating this year, it is a great

way to get a jump start on your 10,000 steps for the day. I would like to

do either #1 or #2, so please let me know if any of you will be joining me.

We can make it our first support group event!

Until next month. Stay focused and get your 10,000 steps a day in! Please

forward this message on to any one interested in joining our group.

Thanks

Cheryl

I live in Lovington and haven't met any one with lap band I would love a support group:thumbup:

I will do anything to help start one up too. I have been banded for 18 months total, but on my 2nd band.... I have lots of experience of good and bad times. And I am still learning.

I DONT KNOW IF YOU GET TOT READ THIS OR WHAT BUT IF YOU DO I GUESS ILL HEAR BACK C AN YOU TELL ME SOME GOOD AND BAD WANT TO HAVE IT DONE SOON IN 3 MTHS

:cursing:

Hi, I am not too sure if they have any sort of support group in the ABQ area or not at this time. I understand there is a new lap band surgeon and center through Lovelace hospital. You might try checking with them to see if they offer any sort of follow up program to their patients, and if so if they accept patients from other surgeons.

I am in the Farmington area, but would be happy to discuss your banding with you anytime. I have had an excellent experience with mine, and would do it again in a heart beat!

I began in a size 22/24, and now wear a 10. I was on several meds, and am off of all of them now. I have made goal, had a few setbacks in my health other than the band, and along with stress, found myself on the regain, since I had no fill due to an unrelated surgery. So got a little fill, and the weight is coming off again! It is so nice to feel in control again!

Please feel free any time to PM me, or if you would prefer, I can PM you my cell #.

Take care, I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a great surgical experience!

Hi Banders,

I live in ABQ and I am in the process now on getting approvals to be banded through Lovelace West Hosp. As Kat817 mentioned there is a new lap band program going on at Lovelace West under Dr. Adam Smith who is from Ft. Worth TX. He has a practice in Texas (www.fortworthlapband.com). He is training a doctor and staff at Lovelace to finally bring the lap band to ABQ. I am so excited. I had my first consultation with him the other day and he is a really nice man with an excellent bedside manner. Oh and get this....HE IS BANDED HIMSELF. Which made me feel even more at ease knowing he has it too and understands the struggles first hand that we all go through before and after being banded. He is doing the banding surgeries himself also while training the other doctor until she is fully trained. They do have a support group this coming Monday 3/8 at 7pm to 8 pm. It is held every 2nd Monday of the month at Lovelace West in the Celestia Hall. For more info call 505-898.1414. I haven't been to one yet but I plan on going this coming Monday. I will let you all know how it goes.

For those in ABQ that are thinking of getting the lap band but need to know more about it, they have a seminar at Lovelace West coming up on Wednesday,March 24th at 6:30pm. Space is limited so call to register...505.898.1414.

I hope this info is helpful. Good luck everyone! Thanks, Sue

Edited by shall0207