Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoda's Jedi Journals (aka Yoda's Yammerin's)

Actually Green, the last time I had it (fluro) Dr Y told me I no longer needed to have it under fluro and that I could go to the clinic but that I could ask for him to do it (to avoid any possible problems). So when I called and mentioned that to Nancy she said I was better off seeing him at his office vice the clinic otherwise I'd have to wait 3-4 hrs at the clinic and try and nab him between surgeries. So I opted for an office appt. His office is in Scarborough on Finch....which works out better for me since I don't have to get all the way downtown. Otherwise, yes, it woulda been kewl to connect; you coulda taken me to your barbershop!

Oh, no worries Mandi...I have a feeling this ummmm...problem is here to stay until I get some taken out. Plus, even if I do feel "better" Mr Yoda will MAKE me go....I know I have him really worried. I've been trying to hide the amount of times I'm vomiting from him but I apparently am LOUD when I do it!!! Even if I run the Water and shut the doors and turn the fan on....he still knows I'm doing it! Plus, the fact I'm even trying to hide it from him means something is "up" and I need to have this taken care of.

I hope this week goes very very very quickly......it really sucks in the evening and during the night.

Yoda, we cannot hide anything from are husbands, mine knows if i am not having a good day just by my tone of voice over the phone. LOL.

Glad you going to see the doctor though. Take care and hope you will be feeling better soon. :hug:

Maria :D

wow yoda if ure actually vomitting (making noise) thats not good! holy crap! do u think he will defill u completely?

completely???? ummm no!!!!! Whaddya talking about???? He better not and that is coitanly not my plan!! I only want .25 cc taken out (which is half of what he put in).....

That being said, the last 2 days I've been having really bad stinging pain along my esophagus....very painful...the diovan has helped some. I think it is from the excessive "vomiting" and the stomach acids coming up. I guess it is heartburn; although I'm guessing at that since I never had that before....but it IS a burning painful sensation. Not knowing it would make it worse, I drank a sip of grape juice today and OMIGAWD, I thought I had died and gone to hell.....it felt like someone took a blowtorch to my esophagus.

Monday can't come soon enuf!

hey Yoda, what about sipping some green tea to help calm your esophogus(sp) down??

When i go for a fill, i only get .5 cc's in . I had 4 fills and i am at 5 ccs now. Probably get another fill in 1 month.

Hey guys, who decides on how much should be put in or taken out of the band,the Dr. or you? For those of you living out of town does that have any influence on your decision of how much? Assuming you don't wait to travel for hours every month.... do you ask for more then someone that can go back and forth with very little effort?

Loriely, I did only have .5 ccs put in!!!!

Cloe....I dunno....the clinic and the pharmacist told me to avoid anything with caffeine in it and tea does have caffeine (????)

Astrotoes, it should be a discussion between you and your doc (or fill nurse) as to how much....but at the beginning the doc will know what is best for you....but then only you can know how tight or lose you are or how restricted you are etc....they rely on your feedback. IMHO it should be the same if you live in town or out of town (from the fill place)....I don't think it is something you should mess with. In other words, one shouldn't be filled aggressively on purpose only because they have to travel further for their fill....it is not good in the long run.

Wow Yoda i thought you had 1 cc. Everyone is different. One day i feel restricted,next day i could eat more. So i am waiting for awhile to have another fill.

wowee Yoda... I hope you get better soon! So, you're actually vomitting, with acid an all?!

Astrotoes: I don't think they'd be more aggressive with fills just because you're flying to TO from the Maritimes. My first fill was as much as everyone gets, my last fill was the typical amount also, but ended up being a bit too much. I'd already begged Dr. Beausoleil (i'm sure you know, the moncton lapband guy) to help me out, so I couldn't go to him. That lady wasn't doing fills/defills yet, so I couldn't even go to Halifax (area) for that. It was rough. You don't want to be too tight. You'll kinda know what you need, or what seems like too much... I think.

Yoda, you're not trying to eat solids, are you? I hope not!! You know you're getting rid of the tightness, take it easy on yourself until you do... you don't want them to take the whole fill out if they figure you're too irritated.

Thanks everyone.

Neenagh: my appt is Monday.

On a good note...no vomiting for the last two days....but that may be because I've been drinking diovol and taking a pepcid complete (or whatever the $#$%# it is called!).