Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Diet Started And Kids Driving Me Crazy!

Started my pre-op diet Tuesday, that puts me on day 3... Work is tough (everyone eats at their desks), their food smells sooooooo good! I keep reminding myself that surgery is not an option if I don't keep with it... it's currently working... My husband (the stay at home parent) has had the kids eating dinner before I get home, also a help but I'm not a sweets kinda girl... no no, I got this way on wonderful carbs!!!! All of these sweet protien shakes are going to be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the protien powders flavored pizza or french bread.... come on protien powder people, your totally missing a market here!!!

On the upside I'm down 7.3 lbs, what??? I told my husband it was just Water weight, I shouldn't expect this for the remaining time.. He responded with but you have been drinking water.... humm I'll explain later.

I've yet to talk to my sister about all of this (she is a little anal (sorry but she is!) and 5'0, 98 lbs, marathon runner) she doesn't understand! I made it Facebook oficial today (guess she knows now)... I decided instead of hiding it from people (whats the point they know I'm fat, 474 is not unnoticable!) I would tell everyone... I'm banking if someone sees me put something in my mouth that I shouldn't they will slap my hand or at the very least I will get some awesome prayer warriors on my side through this... My highschool Ag teacher (from 10 years ago) likes my status, I always knew I liked her!

My husband and I have a combined total of 3 kids under age 7 in our house! The 7 year old is my husbands and yes, he lives with us (he is a handful, kidney transplant @ 5 years old patient that has had it tough, and his mom wasn't tough enough to handle it) I have a 5 year old, mouthy, sassy, sweet daughter, and we have a 2 year old, I'm finding my place in this world, son. 7 is not my biggest fan, he feels I "stole" his dad from him @ age 3 and still holds a grudge to this day. 5 is my questions kid... why are you drinking that, when are you going to be skinny, why do you think your hungry... etc! She is driving me nuts!!! I can normally handle the questions but today I'm apparently more moody than I thought! 2 is so happy that I gave him a cracker! I love 2 the most today! My husband had dinner with the kids then went out (he is a bit of a local celebrity and had an appearance) leaving me here with the kids.... alone.... asking me questions.... 7 and 5 are not close in age but are close in maturity... we have fought over disney or disney jr, saltines or goldfish (dude, 7, you can't have salt anyway) juice or water... then tears when they found out it was Water because mommy is NOT going to open the fridge and tempt things! Oh and best yet, dad didn't give us any desert... you've had dinner and crackers, weren't the crackers desert??? I'll have to admit my kids are normally good, desert can be an apple and they will love you forever, but I'm 474 lbs, apparently I have ZERO will power... these kids are making this harder than I thought it would be! 2 just opened the fridge himself and got his own juice pouch... apparently now 5 and 7 think he is a genius...

I've yet to start excercising... I need to get on it... I have a recombent (is that right?) bike that sits next to the back door... maybe once the kids are in bed (they think it is a toy, and that i should be able to "ride" the bike with them in my lap- funny story, I don't have a lap- it goes south quickly).

I think I have drank (protien shaked) my sanity away already... fair notice, this woman is crazy!!!

It's a struggle and my love was carbs as well. I got cranky day 3-5 of diet cause that's when my body sai 'oh, snap, she's not going to feed us the good stuff.' but as trying as it was, it was so worth it. Just take a deep breath (try not to smack the mouthy kids) and ride your stress away. You'll do great, love

Started my pre-op diet Tuesday' date=' that puts me on day 3... Work is tough (everyone eats at their desks), their food smells sooooooo good! I keep reminding myself that surgery is not an option if I don't keep with it... it's currently working... My husband (the stay at home parent) has had the kids eating dinner before I get home, also a help but I'm not a sweets kinda girl... no no, I got this way on wonderful carbs!!!! All of these sweet protien shakes are going to be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the protien powders flavored pizza or french bread.... come on protien powder people, your totally missing a market here!!!

On the upside I'm down 7.3 lbs, what??? I told my husband it was just Water weight, I shouldn't expect this for the remaining time.. He responded with but you have been drinking water.... humm I'll explain later.

I've yet to talk to my sister about all of this (she is a little anal (sorry but she is!) and 5'0, 98 lbs, marathon runner) she doesn't understand! I made it Facebook oficial today (guess she knows now)... I decided instead of hiding it from people (whats the point they know I'm fat, 574 is not unnoticable!) I would tell everyone... I'm banking if someone sees me put something in my mouth that I shouldn't they will slap my hand or at the very least I will get some awesome prayer warriors on my side through this... My highschool Ag teacher (from 10 years ago) likes my status, I always knew I liked her!

My husband and I have a combined total of 3 kids under age 7 in our house! The 7 year old is my husbands and yes, he lives with us (he is a handful, kidney transplant @ 5 years old patient that has had it tough, and his mom wasn't tough enough to handle it) I have a 5 year old, mouthy, sassy, sweet daughter, and we have a 2 year old, I'm finding my place in this world, son. 7 is not my biggest fan, he feels I "stole" his dad from him @ age 3 and still holds a grudge to this day. 5 is my questions kid... why are you drinking that, when are you going to be skinny, why do you think your hungry... etc! She is driving me nuts!!! I can normally handle the questions but today I'm apparently more moody than I thought! 2 is so happy that I gave him a cracker! I love 2 the most today! My husband had dinner with the kids then went out (he is a bit of a local celebrity and had an appearance) leaving me here with the kids.... alone.... asking me questions.... 7 and 5 are not close in age but are close in maturity... we have fought over disney or disney jr, saltines or goldfish (dude, 7, you can't have salt anyway) juice or water... then tears when they found out it was Water because mommy is NOT going to open the fridge and tempt things! Oh and best yet, dad didn't give us any desert... you've had dinner and crackers, weren't the crackers desert??? I'll have to admit my kids are normally good, desert can be an apple and they will love you forever, but I'm 574 lbs, apparently I have ZERO will power... these kids are making this harder than I thought it would be! 2 just opened the fridge himself and got his own juice pouch... apparently now 5 and 7 think he is a genius...

I've yet to start excercising... I need to get on it... I have a recombent (is that right?) bike that sits next to the back door... maybe once the kids are in bed (they think it is a toy, and that i should be able to "ride" the bike with them in my lap- funny story, I don't have a lap- it goes south quickly).

I think I have drank (protien shaked) my sanity away already... fair notice, this woman is crazy!!![/quote']

Keep up yhe good work. You can do it. I found today sucking on ice chips helps. Are you allowed a salad and a Protein at dinner? That keeps me going during the day. Good luck. I am officially on day 4 but started a week early so I have been on this Protein diet 11days. Nine more to go. Just keep focused on the reward. I put a calendar up and am marking the days off. That helps too.

Good luck to you SweetSusie1 on your pre-op shake diet. It's rough, this I know. Cooking has been tough for me but I make dinner, and I started exercising while they eat and after they are done I drank my shake.< /p>

It will get easier, keep the humor.

I see your surgery date is June 13, 2012, so I added you to the June Compilation list in 2012 Sleevers/June 2012 Sleever Section located here.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/39508-june-sleevers-compilation-good-luck-well-wishes/

There are a few having surgery on your date too. There are other posts in the June section you may be interested in http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/forum/198-june-2012-sleevers/

Good luck.

I am soooooo with you!!!! I've got four daughters ranging from 16 down to 5. It's like self inflicted Water boarding to get the two oldest to lift a flipping' finger to help out around here! It's going to be a VERY rude awakening when they have to go to the grocery & carry it ALL inside & put it away. They will have to haul the younger sisters around, prep meals, etc. They will crumble under the pressure. My 10 yr old wants to be helpful but I think she's just going to worry to death over my incisions/pain/recovery and I'm going to be spending all of my time consoling her rather than the other way around. The 5 year old just won't give a damn & will pitch a conniption fit the first time she realizes I can't pick her up or go to the pool with her until I get healed up.

Precious angels they are - but I'm sure will be driving me crazy before long. Right now it's just pre-op - can you imagine how pathetic they will be when I'm POST-op?! Wussies! : )

I too am on day 5 of the preop diet and I do not get any food except two fruits per day and three protien shakes and clear liquids.. I got some wonton Soup today and gave the wontons to my kids and drank the broth... I am probably never going to eat Jello again!!! LOL!! My surgeon said that I wouldn't be hungry post op! I can't wait. My kiddos are 10 and 16 and just ate hamburgers and fries... I just keep reminding myself that I want to be healthy for my surgery...