Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I I am 3 weeks post surgery and I have only lost 7 pounds! I am only eating eggs mashed potatoes and Soups. I walk every day and clean house. What can I do to lose weight?

Are you drinking enough Water? I am at a stall right now, havent lost in 9 days but I havent had nearly enough water, I am sure that has something to do with it. I also changed up what I was eating, added some more, and started the weight loss again ( at my 6 weeks stall) Give it a try, cant hurt right? Best of luck.

I clean house. What can I do to lose weight?

Thanks I will try more Water. I drink while on the treadmill and very little during the day, so I will try to drink some more:)

clean house. What can I do to lose weight?

Welcome Kysia81

Why are you cleaning house so quickly :) If you must do so - come on over to my house. ;)

You just had major surgery, try and take it easy, even if you have small kids - tell them to cool it, so to speak :lol:

Did your dr. advise you to only eat the above foods, mashed potatoes, eggs, Soup only <_<

No clear, liquid diet -_- Drink plenty of Water, don't worry so much about Protein, get plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated.

All dr. and NUTS are different. Maybe check with yours again. If these are totally his directions, go for for it <_<If your dr. told you to eat only the above - he's the boss. At least he thinks he is -_-

all that walking, excercise sound like alike after such a short time, but don't worry the weight will will come off - you must be patient and abiding

Good Luck

Kathy

sorry for the dble post <_<

Be sure you are getting your required Protein, based on surgeon's guidelines (70-100 grams I've read), and 60-80 ounces of water... just sip all day long. This is advice I've read in many places. Your Protein Shakes DO count toward your Water intake, according to the Nutritionist I've seen. Good luck!

Thanks, yeah I do what I can, I can sweep, laundry, and go up n down stairs without issues. Walking on treadmill is good:)

As for eating I was in liquids for the first week, then Soups n such on second week and mushy food the this week. My dr is in mexico so not sure what to do.

I would lose the mashed potatoes. I know my post op diet doesn't allow that until 8 weeks. Focus more on protien.

Thanks guys, yeah it might be due to medication however it really gets depressing. I know it's selfish to say only 7 pounds. My husband lost more then me, and he doesn't have the sleeve.

But I lost 4kg when I went to gym and 2 week liquid diet before surgery, so since surgery I've only lost 3kg. However it's weightless either way, just thought I could loose more, so it's still good as long as it's weightless not gain, I haven't lost anything this week. But I'm also going to go back to liquids

It sounds like you may have introduced foods too quickly--especially ones that are low on Protein. Some of the more conservative docs prescribe nothing but Protein Shakes 3x day for the first month, and then for the second month, it's 2 shakes a day and half an egg for dinner. I'm only one week post-op and I've lost 21 pounds, so it seems to be quite effective for me personally.

I agree with Gene1970... Lose the mashed potatoes. They are just empty carbs & carbs turn into sugar.. no Protein. And like everyone has said, drink & walk, drink & walk...Get as much protein in that you can...