Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flying - How Long After Vsg Is Ok?

I'm supposed to travel on June 28th & STILL don't have a surgery date yet. All paperwork, psych eval, nut visit, etc. is complete & all has been submitted to insurance. Hope is fading fast for a June date . . . From your experience, how early in June would I need to have the VSG to be able to travel June 28th? Or should I just forget about it & shoot for July (which kills me to think of). I am sooooooooooo ready for this surgery!! The waiting is killing me!!

Depends on what you will be doing, vacation? Lots of walking or relaxing? Many people fly home from other countries just a few days after surgery but they are coming home.

I flew to San Antonio and a two hour dirve to mexico to have my surgery and was on a plane back home three days later... four hour flight with no problems at all...

I am going to be one of three chaperones for a group of high school business students in San Antonio for 5 days. Plenty of walking, but also opportunities to rest when the kids are in competitive events. I figure if I'm on the liquid diet it wouldn't be too difficult - just get some cans of broth, bring Protein Powder & Blender Bottle & use a microwave. Maybe I'm being too optimistic about the recovery?

If that is shortly postop I don't recommend it! I too had surgery in mexico and the flying is not bad, but the following and chaperoning kids around will drain you. I am two weeks post op and I get very tired very fast just walking in the store for one hour drains me. If you are longer post op or pre op it should be ok, but if it's right after surgery the amount of fluids you can get in is very very limited. Good luck!

I would aim for surgery first week of june or right after the trip in July. You want to give your body every opportunity to heal.

yeah, same as beauty said. I wouldn't be worried about flying, but would be worried about all the walking.

I am 17 days post op & feel fantastic, I have felt great since right after surgery. But still, at 17 days out, if I walk for an hour around a store I am exhausted! Heck, I feel tired still doing nothing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches