Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - I am getting sleeved on June 12 and overall I'm super excited. I've only told a few people - my husband, mom, three friends, a coworker, and most recently my dad. Telling my dad was the hardest of all so far. I was expecting a full on lecture and negative statistics, BUT instead I got a "way to go!" This made my day today and has made me more confident in my decision to have surgery.

I love this forum and have responded to a couple of posts, but I feel like a voyeur so I thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm from Alaska, but I'm having surgery in San Diego with Dr. Wittgrove because I've heard great things about him and his staff. I'm just so happy to have this opportunity (and for good insurance). I'm ready to be healthy and have energy again. And I can't wait to post my own before and after pictures.

Hi denalisa! Glad you posted your story...I still have to do that but figure I'll be in the hospital recovering for several days and can do it then . I am scheduled with Dr. Aceves on June 6th and starting pre-op next week. I can't wait to follow your progress as us June sleeves lose and lose. ;-)

Hi Denalisa, Welcome!!! I'm getting sleved myself on June 13th and like you I have started feeling the excitement (and a little nervousness). I can't wait to be on the other side and start losing the weight. Best of luck to you on your journey!!! I had the same feelings as you when I told my mother but to my suprise she was VERY happy that i had made the decision.

Congratulations to all of you for making this decision!!! I agree, it seems there is always 1 person that it is so hard to tell, for me it was my Mom. She just doesn't understand why I had to do this. And what's sad is even today she will ask me "how much more are you going to lose? when are you going to stop?". She just feels that if I had wanted to lose weight bad enough then I could/should have been able to do it on my own. I have realized that she will never really be on-board with me on this and I also finally realized that I'm OK with that. I know that I have done really well on this journey, and no, I'm not finished yet. lol As long as I have the support of my husband and kids, they are who matter most to me.

As you travel this journey, check in here frequently, you will find a tremendous amount of support and advice!