Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Srry If Its Random...i'm Just Really Annoyed!

This has nothing to do with weight loss...but I'm just really annoyed and need to vent. Who doesn't have sex on their anniversary?...apparently me and my husband.I'm so mad!! Like how can you be ok and whatever just watching a movie with me while I'm on the bed and you lay on the floor?! Ughh... I'm going to bed...just looking at him makes me mad. Men...i swear.

Not all of us are that way. Sometimes men just don't get the hint. We are usually visual creatures next time entice him with something sexy.

here's a couple facts about men that most women don't know or understand.

1). men don't "do subtle", if you need something or want something, just ask. most men don't pick up on the "little hints" that you women like to toss around, it's not in our D.N.A.

2). 90% of the time, men like to be the hunter, but once in a while we like to be the hunted. as much as YOU like to feel desired and wanted, men do to. ----so, if we've been having to chase you around for a long time and you rarely let us catch you, at some point the chase become futile and we give up.

now, rather you like these two facts or not, that is the way it is. you can either adapt to them and work with us or you can not and move on.

This has nothing to do with weight loss...but I'm just really annoyed and need to vent. Who doesn't have sex on their anniversary?...apparently me and my husband.I'm so mad!! Like how can you be ok and whatever just watching a movie with me while I'm on the bed and you lay on the floor?! Ughh... I'm going to bed...just looking at him makes me mad. Men...i swear.

Did you try to have sex with him and he refused, or did you just assume he'd "know" he was supposed to, and then get mad when he didn't? :)

Our men will never, ever, ever live up to our expectations of them. Mostly because we're really, really, really bad about sharing our expectations... and most men aren't born with crystal balls.

^ Maybe some will, but I think this is a safe, general rule applicable to most men who had normal relationships throughout their lives.

Once for our anniversary DH got me a freaking blender. WTF? But in his mind I like to cook, so it's perfect. And several times for anniversary, xmas, whatever I will get nothing. In his mind, it's preferrable to get me nothing, than to get me the wrong thing. Or he will take me to a jewelry store and say "pick something" -- which totally ruins it for me (and I'm not big on jewlery either... what I want I already have).

Absolutely agree with Wheetsin... speaking as a man... we are NOT born with crystal balls nor do we always get subtle hints. It could be that he thought that you wouldn't even be interested since you are 2 weeks post op. I personally would be worried about it 2 weeks post op and would probably think the response I would get would be something close to "Seriously... I JUST had surgery".

That sucks. Its amazing how such a vulnerable subject makes you feel unloved, ugly, not good enough. All the while your head is saying, that isn't what he is saying, maybe he had a bad day, maybe he didn't get that I was open to it etc. Its amazing how (at least I personally can) turn something that may be innocent into "all about me".... Its hard being a woman. :-) I fully agree though that tonight you should be the "hunter" go after that man!!!

here's a couple facts about men that most women don't know or understand.

1). men don't "do subtle", if you need something or want something, just ask. most men don't pick up on the "little hints" that you women like to toss around, it's not in our D.N.A.

2). 90% of the time, men like to be the hunter, but once in a while we like to be the hunted. as much as YOU like to feel desired and wanted, men do to. ----so, if we've been having to chase you around for a long time and you rarely let us catch you, at some point the chase become futile and we give up.

Uhhh . . . what he said. :)

My hubby was scared to touch me for the first 2 weeks , so i took matters into my own hands :) sometimes you have to be the one in control. I am with the guys on this tell them what you want and show them. If not go to bed alone and mad.

My husband was apprehensive too the first week; he said; no you just had surgery; but 9 or 10 days out it was on; loosing even 21 lbs I was feeling sexier and he was too he has been doing HCG! Only lasted a week: but he Dodd loose 5 lbs and both or bellies have went down and it was better!

Is this a normal action for him? Are you in the mood and he's not? That's an important question just because if he isn't usually the instigator than you can't expect holidays to change it. I can tell you this personally.

Maybe he's treading lightly. Last year me and my husband had a baby 3 days before our anniversary- no playing for us. We don't see it as a big to do though.

First, I'm sorry about your missing anniversary fireworks. That's a bummer. I'm one big walking hormone these days so if I had a husband, boyfriend or local Fw/B right now the poor man would be running from me and my demands for attitude adjustments! =)

The conversations in this thread are funny! Men don't do subtle and they want to be the hunter but they don't have crystal balls (thank goodness - that could hurt!), so how does a girl get the message across that she's interested without violating their need to hunt and being branded a tramp?

This is making me think about the Patches used on cows that change color when they were fertile and ready to inseminate... wouldn't something like that be a nice clear "hint"! =)