Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Typical to be on protein drink only 2 wks prior to banding?

My surgeon does them, 5 medifast a day, but we also get a small(200-300 cal) meal every day too. Which I think will be my saving grace!

I was on liquids only for 10 days. I was allowed 2 protien shakes a day, 16 oz of broth (fat free and low sodium) and 1 8oz container of sugar free fat free yogurt. I lost 17 pounds in that 10 day time span. I made it, the first few days are the hardest but I think it helps to mentally prepare you for the after care. ~Mandy

The Protein Shake is called www.myocel.com and he offers it for sale in his office. Knowing that you all can do the liquid/shake diet for two weeks, really helps me deal with my fears. I have a great fear of being hungry! Reminds me of my childhood - big family and I'm the youngest! I'm glad you're all here with me. Hang in there everyone!

I had 2 weeks of "full liquids" basically anything sugar free and liquid. I used a Protein drink that was whey protein and it helped a lot and tasted pretty good too. It is typical to see 2 weeks of liquids and it was my biggest fear of the whole process but you WILL get through it, I'm on day 14! I get banded tomorrow and I never thought I'd make it but I did with no cheating by some miracle of God lol. I just kept thinking about the after surgery part of it all and I can't not do what I have to do to get there ya know???? I'm not going to say it was easy but YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hi,

I Am On The Optifast Supplied By My Doctor. I Have 5 Weeks Done, 2 To Go. He Also Gave Me Appetite Suppressant For The Tough Moments. So Far It Goes Well Not Really Hungry. Has Just Been Tougher Around My Periods. Anyway, Lost 34 Lbs So Far And That Is "bonus" Before The Band.

Ciao... For Now.

My pre-op diet consisted of Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) and Water. I cheated and snuck some broth in there one night because I needed something warm in my stomach. I only had to do the pre-op for 7 days...but it seemed like much more.

My surgeon requires a 2 week Liquid Protein diet before surgery. He provides the liquid, so I'm waiting to see what type it is. I have one that I prefer myself. I am meeting with him on August 30, and probably start the liquid on the 31st! Yikes!