Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from NY area??

Thanks. I went back today and worked all day and even made it their on time @ 8am LOL I have always been a night owl but I've gotten pretty bad lately I had 2 Protein Drinks today at work but then ate real food for dinner had a small piece of chicken tenderloin on my mini George Foreman and some grilled mushrooms and onions I almost ate the whole 3oz of meat and 3oz of vegetables much better than yesterday. I'm getting their I'm still a little nervous and I eat very slow took about an hour LOL just wanna make sure I chew enough I may even being chewing a bit too much.

That dinner sounds heavenly right now!! I don't know why they told me I wouldn't have any phsical hunger the first week post-op, I kept telling my husband, but he didn't believe me till he put his hand on my belly and felt/heard it rumbling! the only thing thats been saving me is thick Soup and a few soft foods. But Im really supposed to be on all liquids still. I would LOVE to be able to have chicken, and I love veggies when thier grilled, too! Any trouble getting it down? Are you thirsty at all when you eat? I don't know how thats going to be...you know eating w/o a drink.

I'm surprised your eating already. I didnt have any hunger until about 2 weeks I was on all liquids for 3 weeks I cheated twice and had some cream of chicken Soup minus the chicken LOL and even at 3 weeks i was so scared to wat regular food that yesterday i must have looked at my food for at least an hour before i even tried it I've heard too many horror stories about things getting stuck I am doing fine with not drinking while I eat Ive eaten pretty moist food so far. I havent had any trouble so far with getting food down because I chew it very good before I swallow it. I am having a hard time drinking enough Water I almost got it all in today but was missing about 8oz so tomorrow I will try harder to drink more water

yeah keep up the water! you do NOT want to dehydrate.

And I'm NOT SUPPOSE to be eating I'm just such a dumb ass. I do have real hunger,but I really need to be more accountable to myself and plan better. Today I went with my daughter for her college orientation, and out of bad habit I left w/o having any Breakfast. So after a few hrs. @ the school and walking all over the campus, I was hungry. The cafeteria was closed for the day(even still,I went in and asked if I could just buy a yogurt-they said no) that would have saved me,becaeuse they put out a bbq lunch for everyone and by that point I could have eaten the charcoal baquettes. Do I really have to admit on the board that I ate the inside of a burger and some potato salad? Did I have guilt? OHH yes! Did I love every minute of it? OHH yeas! will I do it again. NO WAY! I know I need to plan ahead and finally be responsible for myself and my eating habits.I know I have to put my big-girl-panties on and make the changes this band can help me to make. Anyway, your alot stronger than Iam, keep up the good work!

but having a hard time getting back into the sleeping schedule I've been quite a night owl since the surgery I stay up all night. Well good luck again to everyone. Keep in touch with all us NY'ers

OMG! Ithought it was just me :) I have not been able to sleep at a normal time since the night before my surgery over a week ago. I try, but an hour after I go to bed, I just give up and get up and do other things until 2-3am and then try again.

Congrats on the food, I'm waiting patiently and can not wait to have real food that isn't mushy liquid.

Oh yeah, I'm from NJ and was banded by Dr Nusbaum at St Barnabus in Livingston.

Hi out there I just had to back to Dr.Kwon today I had been eating to much and started getting pain I thought I had slipped my band but after an x-ray and getting all of my Fluid out(which was 1.75cc) I guess i am fine! He said he thought it was just my eating had irritated the lining of my stomach and put me on prevacid. I go back in a week to see how i'm doing with no fluid if i'm hungry he said he'd put it back in!

Thanks Chrissie and roiansmom yeah i got through my first week back to work even though it was a short one 3 days but man i got to go to bed earlier i'm really tryin lol well good luck to everyone and good luck tabby let us know how you feel afterwards hope everything gets better

Hey NYers...how you doin?

I'm a Lawn Guylander and was punctured and roped by Dr Geiss.

I missed a few, but I will be there this month.

I am doing fairly well, I had a massive setback after a gout and rheumatoid arthritis flare up which left me immobile and loaded up on steroids (which make you hungry 24/7) mix those with no restriction and I gained. I don't blame the pain or the restriction, the food still had to get into my face or I wouldn't have gained.

I put my nose to the grindstone, weighed and measured all my food, started posting my daily menu in one of the threads here and lost 11 lbs in under 12 days. I got another fill the day I found out I lost the 11lbs (last thursday).

I'm 9 months in and down 47 lbs and from what I can tell today (started on some mushies) i'm getting the sensation of being full at least with the same breakfast bar I always eat. It's not staying very long but its a great sign in my mind.

Hey all NY'ers!!! How's evreyone doing? Great I'm sure. Well I've been back to work for a week now and doing pretty good, I've been on solids for a week and a day so and I'm loving it ,measuring everything still and chewing ALOT:hungry: . My Dr is pretty strict with the post op diet but so far have done fairly well I haven't eaten anything i wasnt supposed to but have had an extra bite or two of chicken ( I'm only allowed 3oz for each meal) I also stopped after work and joined the local gym and I'm starting tomorrow after work.:clap2: I'm actually sooo excited I just hope I stay this motivated. Well hope everyone is doing good. Keep in touch !!! Ok well I'm off to bed, :notagree I'm also working on not staying up ALL night. I'm such a night owl LOL but gotta get up early have a long day tomorrow

Hi All,

Work's been crazy and I needed a break from the drama of the forum the past few weeks so I haven't posted in a few days. I'm going for a check-up and probable small fill on Thursday AM so I'll report back after that. You're all doing wonderfully.

your all doing so well!....503-250 sorry to hear of your set backs, but it sounds like your back on track,good job.

pebbles---your weight loss is incredible!! HOLY COW!! can you share some of your post-op diet? you said your Dr. was pretty strict? and great job on joining the gym!! YEAH.

Who you gonna see for the fill Elizabeth?

I think it's going to be Melanie but I'm not sure. I saw Geiss for #1 and a young man (PA) for #2 and then Melanie for #3. My appt is 8:15 AM so I guess whomever opens their eyes and drives to work first. LOL.