Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck with this! As I advise anyone doing the bowel prep, make sure you have personal wipes (with aloe!) and Neosporin. It will help!

Surprisingly not so bad... Glad its over... Bring on the surgery!! Can't wait. Not nervous. I'm looking forward to the time off though hehe :)

Surprisingly not so bad... Glad its over... Bring on the surgery!! Can't wait. Not nervous. I'm looking forward to the time off though hehe :)

Lies lol. You added vodka didn't you lol. So happy it wasn't too bad for you. Good luck today.

There's really no way to tell. I kind of thought within an hour or two something wou'dve happened so I called my pharmacist and asked and he said "usually within a few hours" and I asked him to define a few (nicely) and he said "Oh maybe 1, but sometimes 8 or 10."

Doing the math I think it took me about 14 hours. There was one exception of a tiny "spurt" (felt like it was going to be more) that was kind of like raw magnesium citrate, sorry if that's TMI, stinky as all get out. So I thought ok, game on... that was about 7pm, but nothing else happened.

How long does magnesium citrate take to work?

There is no universal rule that applies to everyone, but on average, it takes "several hours." Because it varies from one person to another, it is best taken in the evening (when you are sure you are not going out any more), and then you may have to go to the bathroom any time during the night – or it may take as long as some time during the next day. The amount of Water you drank with it is more than sufficient.

Oh no... I so don't want that to happen. I work until 5 and get home about 6. My surgery is at 730 the next morning. I wish I could take it sooner. Does it not work right away on everyone? I guess what I'm asking is... Can I take it at 2, 3, or 4 in the afternoon and be ok till I get home?

Lies lol. You added vodka didn't you lol. So happy it wasn't too bad for you. Good luck today.

Vodka is a clear liquid :D ... Thanks

There's really no way to tell. I kind of thought within an hour or two something wou'dve happened so I called my pharmacist and asked and he said "usually within a few hours" and I asked him to define a few (nicely) and he said "Oh maybe 1' date=' but sometimes 8 or 10."

Doing the math I think it took me about 14 hours. There was one exception of a tiny "spurt" (felt like it was going to be more) that was kind of like raw magnesium citrate, sorry if that's TMI, stinky as all get out. So I thought ok, game on... that was about 7pm, but nothing else happened.

[/quote']

I think our experiences are pretty similar. However I am sitting here in the waiting room waiting to be called back and prepped and I feel my insides turning. Scary.

I said it needed vodka, not swap it. That's why your tummy is throwing fits lol

I said it needed vodka, not swap it. That's why your tummy is throwing fits lol

Oh, I was quite literally running (ok, walking briskly - I am FAT, afterall) to the bathroom with IV starters poking out of my arms & still trying to swallow the last few drops of the pepcid.

When my surgeon came back to the prep area I told him that if I shat on the OR table, it was his fault for making me drink that crap.

At least there's this: you will never know. They won't tell you if you do or don't, one way or the other.

I think our experiences are pretty similar. However I am sitting here in the waiting room waiting to be called back and prepped and I feel my insides turning. Scary.

Oh' date=' I was quite literally running (ok, walking briskly - I am FAT, afterall) to the bathroom with IV starters poking out of my arms & still trying to swallow the last few drops of the pepcid.

When my surgeon came back to the prep area I told him that if I shat on the OR table, it was his fault for making me drink that crap.

At least there's this: you will never know. They won't tell you if you do or don't, one way or the other.

[/quote']

You were absolutely right.... If I shat on the table I didn't know it lol. Glad that's over :)