Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. C..acid reflux solutions

Im sure you dont remember me, but I am the pregnant bandster with a slipped band. First trimester was horrible but the second one much better. Now I am getting into my third in a couple of weeks and getting bigger of course.

since I have had reflux before pregnancy not sure if its the pregnancy making it worse which is possible or just my band having a tight spell. Either way, I am already taking Nexium (40mg) and I still have reflux. Is there any tricks to get rid of this stuff. sleeping in the upright position is getting really old. Some days are better than others and today I am on fire!! Looking for help.

Thanks

There is nothing better than Nexium. What is your surgeon's plan? You're between a rock and a hard place I guess but sitting on a slipped band with reflux like you are having makes me nervous...

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

Kashia - is your band still full? I am in my 3rd trimester and I had my band almost completely unfilled for that specific reason. I was having really bad reflux and to be on the safe side the doctor removed the majority of my fill. Talk about feeling so much better. I was having really bad reflux prior to pregnancy and up until my 4th month and was taking Prevacid. Now with the pregnancy and the unfill in my band I can chew 2 TUMS and feel so much better. I was concerned with having my band unfilled but I figured that it will still be better to gain the weight back and work my (literally) ass off after I have the baby then to have complications that could have been avoided. Wish you the best of luck.

Plan is to sit and wait until after the baby is born unless it becomes an "emergency".

I don't know if you have heard of this one but change of altitudes can effect your band. I was in the mountains this weekend and I got tighter which of course makes the reflux worse. I actually got sick yesterday so I will have to stay on liquids for a few days. Late afternoon I threw up part of what I ate Sunday night. Shouldn't that have been digested by then? Technically I probably should stay on liquids and or soft food for the rest of my pregnancy but it seems so impossible.

There is nothing better than Nexium. What is your surgeon's plan? You're between a rock and a hard place I guess but sitting on a slipped band with reflux like you are having makes me nervous...

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

Lioness81970-

I do not have any Fluid in my band. Believe me I would have taken that out a long time ago. :) Sounds like you are doing well with your pregnancy and band! That is awesome. How much weight have you gained so far and when are you due?

Hi Kashia - to date I have gained 58 pounds. I am actually due on Oct 31st but I will probably be induced if I'm lucky. I have a tendency to deliver VERY quickly and my doctor thinks it will be best to induce me so none of us are caught off guard. Just to give you an idea of how quick - my last daughter -from the time I got to the hospital to delivery was 21 minutes. My last son was induced and I had him in 4 hours! I have very quick deliveries and consider myself VERY LUCKY!!!

Carmen-

WOW that is fast!!! I could only wish, pray, hope, for that!!! LOL That is awesome. I had a friend that just had hers and she took 15 hours I think. :confused: