Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive Never Had Any Type Oc Surgery

My biggest question Are you completely naked when you into surgery? Or can you wear underwear pretty stupid thinking ... Just wondering. I know no bra, but what if your on your monthly ?

Yep, you are completely naked when you go in... no bra, no underwear. I think if you have your monthly visitor then people said to ask them & they may give you paper underwear, or maybe a tampon is okay?

Believe it or not that's my biggest fear lol. I know it's pretty dumb but it's that lol

Dont worry. They put you in a gown when they are prepping you for surgery. You have the gown on while you are awake and aware. They give you something to relax you and then you are asleep and not aware. When you come out of surgery, you are in your gown. You dont even realize you were ever naked. You wont have to be timid about your body because you wont be laying there naked and awake. Thanks goodness! HTH

I noticed that you quit smoking. My sister did too, four days ago. She is doing the Patches to help her. She started her liquid diet then too. She is scheduled for surgery on June 1! You guys will be sleeve sisters! How is it coming along for you?

My surgery is June 4th. I struggled a bit cause my doc demanded me to quit back in Jan. i fell off the wagon a lot of times. Then my coordinator was taking forever to give me a date. Finally last Friday when I got the date they told me to start my liquid diet yesterday. I had my last cigi fun on Sarurday. I haven't smoked one since. I think I'm done with the hardest two days I'm doing good. I noticed a lot of the smokers were a pack a day smokers, I was one or two cigs a day so I knew I could stop. I'm feeling great, getting my hour of walking at the park everyday, love the shakes, I just don't like the eating cause I get the runs. If rather shake up the whole day lol.

Do they shave you down there before surgery?

Yep, you are completely naked when you go in...

OMG, I never knew i was naked, the only reason thats so creepy to me now after 5 months, is repeating, i wasn't aware that all of a sudden i would be naked while i was under. i think they should have told me.

all well, too late now

kathy

OMG' date=' I never knew i was naked, the only reason thats so creepy to me now after 5 months, is repeating, i wasn't aware that all of a sudden i would be naked while i was under. i think they should have told me.

all well, too late now

kathy[/quote']

You will be okay Kathy. :)

No they don't shave you before surgery!

I know it is a very big deal to us, but hey, they are used to seeing fat, naked guys and gals all the time. They probably don't even notice any more. I know I worked in the nursing homes for a long time and naked booties/boobies didn't look any different than noses to me. I saw them every day. You will be in la-la-land and never know it. You'll go to sleep dressed and wake up dressed. And don't worry about Aunt Flo. If she is here, they will give you a big pad and a pair of mesh hospital panties. Clean, dry and disposable. No worries chickie :)

No they don't shave you before surgery!

I'm sorry for the dumb question lol I don't know why I really thought they did lol

I know it is a very big deal to us' date=' but hey, they are used to seeing fat, naked guys and gals all the time. They probably don't even notice any more. I know I worked in the nursing homes for a long time and naked booties/boobies didn't look any different than noses to me. I saw them every day. You will be in la-la-land and never know it. You'll go to sleep dressed and wake up dressed. And don't worry about Aunt Flo. If she is here, they will give you a big pad and a pair of mesh hospital panties. Clean, dry and disposable. No worries chickie :)[/quote']

Funny thing is I'm not nervous about the surgery it's just the whole naked ness lol thanks for the help. I am good lol I just can't wait to be on the other side :)

I asked about wearing a tampon and the nurse at my surgeons office suggested a pad. Just in case you aren't up to changing your tampon after surgery. I luckily got off my monthly cycle 2 days before surgery. I'm late starting this month. Maybe it's due to surgery??

I asked about wearing a tampon and the nurse at my surgeons office suggested a pad. Just in case you aren't up to changing your tampon after surgery. I luckily got off my monthly cycle 2 days before surgery. I'm late starting this month. Maybe it's due to surgery??

You better not be pg lol. Mine is supposed to get here the last wk of may my surgery is June 4th. I'm praying I'm not on it

How about socks? Can we wear socks?