Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Believe How I Look!

OK, so I was a little bummed about not losing as much weight as others have in the first 2 weeks (I lost 10 lbs.). So, I am a month post-op today and I have lost an additional 6 lbs. I was slightly bummed but not as much as before. Afterall, 16 lbs. that I carried around with me last week are gone! Well, my husband has a job that requires him to travel for 4-5 days a week so he is how I measure myself, lol. Every time he gets home, he notices how I am changing. Then yesterday I had my 1 month follow-up and the look in my surgeons eyes when he saw was priceless! The first thing he said, "You look good! How are you?" :D I can once again fit into my True Religion jeans without looking like a walking sausage! Jeans and pants that were once a struggle to zip, can now be worn without buttoning or zipping. Heck, I may even need a belt for a few pairs. I can't believe how I look or how I feel! I was never a slave to scale in my fit days and I promised my surgeon that while I would keep up with my weight, I would not obsess over the number. I know I have brighter days to come and I so look forward to them. Thank you for all the encouragement and please, if there is one thing I can share with those newly sleeved, just remember to: Celebrate any amount of loss, celebrate when you can fit into something (or somewhere) you couldn't fit before and tell yourself that this is journey!

Congratulations! I can't wait to share your success. Have you been working out. Or doing any type of exercise? If so which ones.

Yes, I started walking for 20 to 30 minutes 4 hours after surgery. 1 week out, I started going back to the gym and doing the elliptical and bike. 2 weeks out, I started adding resistance to my cardio work out to keep the muscle mass I already had. This week I plan on incorporating some light lifting to my work out and increasing the cardio. I would love to run (one of the best, full body exercises) but I have orthopedic issues and it will be a while before I can do that. Best of luck to you and congrats on what you have lost so far. Keep it up!

BTW, I only go to the gym 3 days a week. As my body can tolerate it, I will stay longer than 1 hour and go more than 3 days a week. I walk daily and wear a pedometer :-)

BTW' date=' I only go to the gym 3 days a week. As my body can tolerate it, I will stay longer than 1 hour and go more than 3 days a week. I walk daily and wear a pedometer :-)[/quote']

Wow that's Awesome, I was told we must wait 6 weeks before exercises. But I do plan on walking to at least work out that way