Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No clothes that fit

This is a great problem to have. I have nothing that fits to take home with me.

I ordered one outfit from Chadwicks - capris and t. And I have a skirt that I moved the buttons on. No jeans, t shirts all hang, tanks show my bras etc

Okay, I just figured I would shop in the US. But now, Friday morning I pick up my new motorcycle (and will buy jeans at the hd shop), Friday afternoon I have dr appointments, Saturday I am booked all day, I'm thinking I should talk at church about Malawi on Sunday (nothing to wear), Monday morning at 7 I am speaking at Rotary.

My bags are filled with packages that I am mailing in the US for others that live here. Its very expensive - in the hundreds of dollars - to send a package from here.

Thank goodness Walmart is open 24 hours. I have 1 pr size 8 WalMart twills I could bring but they will be easy to buy there I don't think its worth packing them.

I am so happy to have this dilemna!!!

your post was a fun one to read. LOL I wish I could shop with you. Have you tried Blair.com? They have some fun clothes but mostly for over 40 crowd like me @ 47.

good luck edie banded 7-19-6 @ 247 lbs now 224

Thankfully, I was able to down size most of my outfits with a few stitches, Alot of things there was just no way I had to get rid of but I tried really hard to save what I could by making them smaller :cool:

I did get to buy a few new things but my band isn't the only thing tight, my money is too!

Nana~

The idea of flying naked for 40 hours and through 5 airports is interesting. From what I can tell, I am about a size 8 now. I have a few things that I have ordered since I got here. I just haven't worried about it - my attitude has just been - I'm living in Africa, anything decent I wear is okay as long as my knees don't show.

When I moved in April 2006, I was wearing 14 or 16 so its pretty major change.

What a wonderful problem you have! I am wondering, are the temptations as strong, food-wise, as in the US?

Shawn

CCBSTX,

Temptations are different. Generally, the food is limited and not as good. But garden vegetables are plentiful and cheap. Depending on the day, there may be good meat. There are less than a dozen places to eat and they are okay but not fantastic

I also have alot of stuff shipped from Amazon.com, Netgrocer, Hickory Farms, my food coop, friends, etc. Its the stuff that friends send me that are the temptations. candy bars, Cookies, licorice, etc.

There isn't much to do here. Unless you go away for the weekend (and that gets expensive), there isn't anything to do at all. The only real stores are grocery stores and they close at 1 on Saturday and Sunday. So the real eating issue is boredom.

You have given up home, friends, security, etc. The most consistent thing and comfort in your life is food. EXCEPT FOR ME, I have LBT.