Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am new to your forum and think that this is the greatest source of information. I am considering having banding done. I will give you some background.

I am 37 years old. I am 5'10" and weigh 246lbs. My bmi is 37.9 and I have obstructive sleep apnea and type 2 diabetes. I have had my tubes tied and therefore do not plan on anymore children. I am married with a 14 year old son.

I have several reasons for wanting banding done. 1st and foremost, I am concerned about my health. 2nd, I feel hungry ALL the time. I do maintain a heathy diet about 90% of the time but because of the hunger I feel like a human garbage disposal. I have tried diet after diet after diet and nothing works long term. I am sure my story is not unlike most of everyone here. I would just like to know how you have progressed with banding and how it has worked for you.

Thank you.

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Welcome to LBT! We've already spoken in PMs but I wanted to give you an official welcome here on the boards. You've found an excellent place for support, information, and friendships. Enjoy!

Susan,

Thanks, I am really glad to have found this area. I am glad to see that there is someone else in Boise and that they have had great experiences with Dr. Cahn. I am sorry to hear about your experience with St. Als. I have a friend who does med transcription there. I have always gone to St. Lukes and have been thrilled with the care there. Like I said, I guess I will sign up for the seminar in Sept and see where that leads me. Thanks again for all your information so far.

Susan

Hello and welcome Idahobeauty...

I wish you could catch my daughter on here. She is close to your age and was banded also (both my daughter's and I were banded on the same day in April). Chelley is a diabetic.....but ya' know what? Since she was banded, she is off her insulin completely. She's a RN by the way!

Do your research hun, and make sure this is right for you, my younger daughter has lost 50#'s and looks terrific. My BMI was 34...so my loss of 18# seems slow....but that's good because I know I'm not making more wrinkles! lol God bless and direct you in all things!

Dreamer

I am hoping that I can also get off insuling and my cpap machine once I loose this weight. I was told that my apnea was due to genetics but I am not sure how much of that I really believe. I tend to think that it would get better if I were thinner. If your daughter would like to send me a PM I would love to hear from her.

Hi Idahobeauty,

I'm Linda from Eagle. It's nice to see someone else from the area on here. If you are interested in meeting some others there is a Idaholapbanders group on Yahoo. We do monthly Soup nites and are meeting at PF Changs at Bodo on Thursday at 6:30. There are some who come who have been banded for several years and we usually have a pretty good time. Photonut comes sometimes but I don't think she is this month.

PM me if you have any more questions. I went with Dr. Anderson for my surgery. I absoutely love him and, unlike Susan (P'nut) I had a really good experience at St. Al's.

Keep us posted on your journey!

Linda, Eagle! lots of people close to me here. I would love to come and talk to you all!! I am going to be gone this thursday to Portland for work but I would love to catch the next one if is ok for a non-bander (yet) to attend. I am struggling with telling anyone in my family (except my husband of course) about my intentions because I am not sure I want to hear the opinion that they have. I guess it is all things I will have to deal with. Thank you again

Susan