Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with Sept 11 as their banding date?

I hate the date but it will be memoriaable that is for sure!! I am trying to cut my carbs to lose 10 or so pounds before this. I bought the new scales yesterday and am going to really try. My Dr said it would be helpful as 10 pounds at least shrinks the other organs that are in the way!!

I am getting excited/nervous about this. I love this website. so much great stuff. Some is scary, (PB sliming etc..) I will take good with bad and I think the end result of most of you is you do not regret the band!!!

I'm being banded on Sept. 11th by Dr. Ortiz, TJ. I haven't started a pre-op diet. I'm leaving on a cruise Saturday, so I will really have to buckle down when I get back to try to lose my 10 lbs.

I am so ready to start this journey.

I just watched the video and it definately shows why we need to lose at least ten pounds!!! My hsband and I have booked a cruise to the western CArribeen on April 22.

I'm going to Eastern Carribean...my first cruise. My goal is just to try not to gain at this point: ) I hope I don't eat everything on the ship knowing that it will be liquids for the next 7 days when I get back...lol.

RHCPgirl, congrats on the upcoming band surgery! I am getting banded with Dr. Ortiz as well on the 6th of Sep. I know he will be a great doctor, I have read so many positive things about him. I am nervous and excited about the surgery, but I know it will be worth it! I hope I can meet someone else going to TJ on the same day as me~ Good luck!

I hate the date but it will be memoriaable that is for sure!! I am trying to cut my carbs to lose 10 or so pounds before this. I bought the new scales yesterday and am going to really try. My Dr said it would be helpful as 10 pounds at least shrinks the other organs that are in the way!!

I am getting excited/nervous about this. I love this website. so much great stuff. Some is scary, (PB sliming etc..) I will take good with bad and I think the end result of most of you is you do not regret the band!!!

Hi Cindyn-

Although, I am not being banded until the 14th of September by Dr. Gonzalez in Tijuana, my thoughts went to September 11th and the fact that I would be flying around that date. I have only flown once as it is, so for me that is a scary deal. I had started September 11th of last year on Jenny Craig and it was a very easy date to remember as to when I started my diet, for the obvious reason. Nobody in the united states will ever forget what they were doing and where they were at when they heard the news of the attacks. Good luck with your surgery. I hope all goes well.

Okay everybody......starting this Tues., you ALL will have a good reason to remember 9/11. Myself will be just starting my journey with going to SF for my orientation on 9/11. I can't wait till I'm at the point your at and on my way to being thinner and healthier.

My thoughts will be with all of you on Tuesday......happy thoughts! :whoo: :bounce: :clap2: :) :nervous