Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 8 Surgery, Post Op Appt & What To Eat?

I feeling wonderful. Weighed at dr office. Lost 7 lbs--I know it is Water weight & the next few pounds will be Water weight, but that's the most weight I've lost in years! So happy I made this decision.

Can I ask my sleeve buddies out there who've jusy been sleeved, what the are eating on week two? I'll also take a look under the recipe section. The nutritionist said I could eat mushies: mashed potatoes, mashed cooked carrots, mashed sweet potato, tuna w/ Miracle Whip, laughing cow soft cheese, creamy Soups, etc.

Wishing you all continued success with your surgery.

My doctor has told me NO carbs! Basically, I am only allowed 25 net carbs a day. I am pre-op, but on a very strict diet. Protein, Protein, and more PROTEIN. Avoid potatoes and most creamy Soups. I would read the labels closely. You didn't go through all this to not lose, and starches can really slow you down. The tuna and chicken salad sounds good. Check with your dietician....

She said that her nutritionist told her what to eat and we shouldn't insinuate that it's wrong.

I am 4.5 weeks post-op and my doctor and nutritionist want me to eat a balanced diet, Protein first. I am required to eat 15 carbs every four hours to maintain steady sugar levels. Our bodies are different.

Sounds like you are doing great! Week two for me includes protien shakes, cream Soups, pureed lentil and split pea Soup, sf pudding, in addition to all the Clear Liquids from last week.

I'm in my second week too.... yeah us :) My main source of Protein is a Protein Drink by EAS. It is low fat, carbs and sugars. I get 17g of protein and drink three a day. (plus they help with my Fluid intake) I've also had some Tomato Soup made with FF milk, some really runny refried Beans with FF cheese, SF pudding and I'm still having SF popcycles. My doctor said don't be in a hurry to get to a more solid diet, so I'm taking his advice. Gonna try some cream of wheat later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches