Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope This Helps (Vitamins, Nutrition And Clothes)

Hey everyone i had my sleeve December 28,2011 and i started at 401lbs im now down to 330lbs i have a long way to go but im doing it!!! For those who havent had it done it is the best decision you will ever make i promise. I only regretted it right after surgery when all the drugs made me very sick. I will say it is a learning exp for sure and still learning. I have over eaten a few times and had to make myself vomit from feeling so miserable. What i suggest is to buy a 4 ounce container and baby cutlery, lol yes baby spoons, this will help to keep your bites small and chew chew chew!!! Your new stomach will thank you. It is at times a challenge when your wanting your favorite foods and you take 2-4 bites and your full and your looking at the plate like WHAT THE HELL I WANTED TO EAT YOU DAMN IT lol but remember nothing taste better than being skinny and ration your portions out do not deprive yourself. If your a sweets person like me get an oh yeah bar as a Meal Replacement it has 10g of protien i think or 12g. For your clear liqiuds i suggest Walmart because they have a much bigger selection than Krogers or HEB etc. I used Rachel Ray and Wolf-Gang-Puck broths they werent to bad I will NEVER EVER EAT Jello AGAIN. lol

Also very important is your blood work after your surgery my Dr never offered to check mine so i had to go to my PCP but after surgery i have found that drinking all my Water a day is a huge challenge which wasn't before surgery (i love water) make sure every 6 months or so you check you kidney functions, with all the protien and low carbs that we are trying to achieve it can ruin your kidneys. DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

Vitamin shoppe has a sale buy one get one 50% off... most WLS (weight loss surgery) patients lose a great deal of their hair mine has become very thin so i take Biotin and use keratin shampoo/treatments to help keep it healthy. Ladies with long hair you may find it looks healthier shoulder length, i had to cut mine into a bob but it looks good. Also the Myofusion protien powder sold here is really good unlike the nasty protien bullets thats recommended to us. They are very hard to stomach. I mix my myofusion with soy milk so that i am also getting Calcium.< /p>

CLOTHES!!!!! I have had to buy a few new items and because buying new pants and jeans all the time isnt economical for my budget i have looked for cheap walmart jeans in the clearence section and also because its summer time i bought a few maxi dresses and as i shrink the dresses will to all i have to do is run a hem down the side and it will save me a ton during the summer so i can hold off on buying pants etc for the winter time. I donated all my winter clothes no need to keep them when i know they wont fit ;)

I hope this will help to inspire and motivate sleevers. LETS ROCK OUR NEW BODIES!!!!!!!