Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Times A Day Do You Eat

Catracks- I am at a stage where I eat because I have to and not because I enjoy eating, so I only eat until I am full and if I do feel like eating in between I take a sip of Water.< /p>

Carly' date=' I saw you mentioned that earlier. The eating plans I was given only accommodate 3 meals a day and at my initial consult dr Osama said only 3 meals a day.

[/quote']

Yeah, me too, but when I met with the other doctor, cant remember his name, in the office before Sahar's, he told me that. It makes sense to me. I have been doing that, but just tiny amounts of food. It does keep energy levels going.

Catracks- I am at a stage where I eat because I have to and not because I enjoy eating, so I only eat until I am full and if I do feel like eating in between I take a sip of Water.

I never lost my love of food. I am still a total foodie. I don't know if it will hurt me in the long run. Eating because I had to never entered the equation. Now if I'm not hungry, I just don't eat. It all balances out in my case.

I don't eat highly processed food anymore except for my habitual Lipton Cup-a-Soup, the Protein powders and the stupid Crystal Light that I seem to be tethered to (I hate plain water).

If I wasn't hungry, 3 meals would do I suppose. Right now to me it sounds restrictive and depriving (sounds like the old "D" word) -- unless I could stretch each meal to two or three hours long which is sort of what I do. I think it keeps my blood sugar level steady throughout the day.

Catracks, my salads and Soups always include a lean meat.

My Soups usually have chicken, turkey or ham. My salads have tuna, chicken, ham, turkey or shrimp, and I don't spare the quantity, either. Usually 3 to 4 oz, at least. Yes, it does take me half to an hour to eat the salad, but since the soups have a liquid composition, I can get them down much quicker, for sure.

About once a week, I will grab a 6 oz beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon. My daughter helps me out eating a few bites. I will do this a couple days before a race to get my Iron up. Takes me awhile to eat it, but I get 'er down! It is just too good.

Makes more sense. I like the fillet more when it's attached to a porterhouse t-bone :-) I am truly a carnivore.

I forgot to add about fruit.< /p>

As I work out a lot, fruit is one of the best ways for me to get my carbs in. I don't recommend this for the average Joe Sleever, but if you are working out at the levels I am, it is difficult to get healthy carbs in. I don't really eat breads, Pasta and rice as, for me, they are nutritionally void.

I know a lot of folks go for the low carb route, but if you are active, your body needs carbs.

I forgot to add about fruit.< /p>

As I work out a lot, fruit is one of the best ways for me to get my carbs in. I don't recommend this for the average Joe Sleever, but if you are working out at the levels I am, it is difficult to get healthy carbs in. I don't really eat breads, Pasta and rice as, for me, they are nutritionally void.

I know a lot of folks go for the low carb route, but if you are active, your body needs carbs.

I eat carbs in the form of quinoa, whole wheat or quinoa Pasta, a little potato now and then with the skin and whole grain and seed crackers with high Protein stats. I also eat fruits and vegetables. I'm not a low carb fanatic or low fat either. I just try to keep the carbs and fat below 25-30% each. With all the Protein, there is not much room anyway. It seems to be working for me.

I'm not nearly as active. I am a weekend hiker. I want to do Mt. Whitney before these bones get too old.

Here's a typical day's food for me. I've been eating pretty much this amount everyday since my 1 year surgerversary. :-)