Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I'm a little over 2 months post op and I've been feeling really nauseous. Plan on calling my doctor tom. Prior to this I've between doing great. Its been going on alot and is really making it difficult to eat. The feeling is there even when i don't eat but when i do it gets worse. I never actually vomit. I feel like i have an excess amount of saliva in my mouth gross i know. I posted yesterday but reposted today seeing if anyone has experienced anything similar???? Someone said acid reflux but most acid reflux information says heart burn and that is not it

you are sliming.....

did you eat too much?

No I am really careful about eating small amounts and chewing really well. With slimming do you feel nauseous even when you aren't eating?

I'd almost still lean towards acid reflux. It doesn't always have to FEEL like heartburn. Sometimes, just excess gurgling & nausea can be caused by reflux.

Just my 2-cents. Hope you get some relief!!

I'd almost still lean towards acid reflux. It doesn't always have to FEEL like heartburn. Sometimes' date=' just excess gurgling & nausea can be caused by reflux.

Just my 2-cents. Hope you get some relief!![/quote']

The more i read the more i think is acid reflux also. I've been great up until now and can't wait for this to pass also

I had acid reflux for almost two weeks and Pepcid and tums weren't cutting it I made me feel sick a lot and not want to drinker eat then sometimes what I ate wouldn't stay with me. Yesterday on docs advice I took Pepcid priolsec and a zantex I feel so much better and have been eating regular mini meals since then.

I'm about 3 weeks post op and this is happening to me all the time. I take meds daily for reflux so im not sure why I am still nauseated all the time. It gets worse as I eat, and I only eat a bit or 2 in one "meal." Hopefully some reflux meds work for you!

I'm almost 1 1/2 years post op and I get nauseated all of the time. You need to know what to eat, what you can tolerate (I tolerate salmon as my most tolerated meal), how to eat and don't over do it. Portion Control is controlled by the procedure meaning you can't overeat or it will not stay down. I've noticed that I eat something and get instantly tired. I asked my doctor and he said it's a carbohydrate rush. So I stay away from these foods that make me tired.

I now know the meats I can eat and those choices are different than what I could eat before my procedure. Make sure all meats are wet. I cannot eat breaded chicken and tend to stay away from chicken entirely.

What seems to help me is I eat my dinner and then eat pretzels that seems to calm my nausea. If you are eating sweets, that is one of the side effects of the Sleeve. Makes you sick. However, for me, if nausea is a lifestyle change I need to tolerate, and the Sleeve is not reversible, then I'm prepared to find the foods best suited for me and I will change my habits to that lifestyle. For me I try something and it goes down well. Then 15 to 1/2 hour later I get the nausea. I then take some Maalox and drink Water.

Being nauseated is in levels. Slight, moderate and OMG I think I'm going to vomit. I can only add good luck. It may be a normal part of my new lifestyle but my life is a great deal better than it was before my operation. I can live with it and eat more things that do not bring on the OMG nausea. I don't think it goes away.

I also. want to add, I eat @ the same thing every day for Breakfast and lunch. dinner is a crap-shoot. Eating out, I choose very very carefully.