Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hi Ladies!

Well I have no loss to report this week but also no gain! I *FINALLY* got clearance to go back to the gym but only light to moderate cardio. I am pushing it a little and have been running but at a slow clip. It feels great to be back at the gym!

Karey: I know I could not have gone to PR after 5 weeks but I experienced a few complications although the problems were not with my tummy but my backside/hip. Had I not had a full lower lift or the infection I probably could. After two weeks or so the abs didn't hurt too bad,just felt like I had done 1000 situps;)

hello all, I been reading part of the page and thinking I need to get back. not many of us writing here anymore. i like the good old days. You know most of us were still trying. I really thought this would be a no brainer. pay 14,000 and get skinny. with out trying? who was I kidding. I just want the food addiction to go away. I guess I could be additcted to drugs, sexx, etc. well, i have gained and lost since last summer and I am still the same. so I guess that the band is helping. THINK POSITIVE SANDY love you guys. you have been my salvation....

MimIn,

Gosh. Glad you have recovered from your infection. I was reading your PS thread. Then, you got an infection and dropped off the site. It sounds silly (believe me I know) but I was worried about you.

Heck - I don't even know you, but this site is sooooo easy to get wrapped up in. Anyway, I am glad you are okay. Whew. Maybe you should post on you PS thread to let folks know? There are probably some other people out there bitting their fingernails over whether or not you are okay!

I agree with Foofy, Mimin, you better update your thread! Glad you got clearance for the gym. Sandranoelle, good to hear from you. I hope you'll post more often. 70 pounds down is damn good! Don't give up. Once you get some of the mental issues beat you'll be a super star!

Okay. I'm getting tired from lack of sleep. I had a few good nights and then the anxiety hit me again. It's hard. I'm giving my mom a big 75th birthday party 4 days before my surgery, which is a good distraction, but I think I'm trying to do too much. I'm worry about that, my surgery and my daughter's wedding in May. She calls me everyday and we try to knock out details. It's coming along. I'm worried I'm not going to feel well, etc. I've been exercising everyday, sometimes twice a day and watching what I eat. I didn't lose any weight this week. My body just is tired. I feel like screaming. I hope you all are doing better!

Okay September Bandsters, I thought we were going to start posting again! MimIn: How is the exercise going? I have a question for you. I'm still trying to decide if I want a little breast augmentation with my lift. Did you notice the extra weight in your breasts? Was it uncomfortable (after healing)? Does it cause back aches etc? I'm alittle concerned that the extra weight from the implants might bother me. How hard is it to get use to?

Oh, by the way, I lost another pound last week. Slow but sure, I guess.

I am sooo sorry I fell off the map for a bit! I went to Las Vegas last week (FUN!!) and then full force into a huge globalwide project at work when I got back, I have been running non stop!

I lost nothing last week and this week I am down 1lb. It seems so hard to lose anymore! I am back ontrack with my eating and although work is consuming me I am making it down to the corporate gym daily for atleast a half hour of cardio and if I can find the time I am doing more.

Karey: I am a slight exception to the rule with the breast implants, I went VERY large (900ccs each) and I did notice the weight but mine weigh a little over 2lbs a piece. I am now use to it and no longer get backaches but I know a few women that went with 3-400cc implants and didn't feel the weight at all! I also never had large breasts to speak of so I never knew what it was like to have something there and could have been a contributing factor as well.

Foofy: You are so sweet! I am sorry I have not kept that thread upto date, I will go post an update right now!

I miss the old days when I could lose 5lbs a week! I am down 1lb....

Reporting no weight loss or weight gain! GRRR! I don't think I watched my calories good enough this last week. If I don't watch it VERY closely, I don't lose. I guess I better go back to logging my food. Miriam: one pound loss is much better than my NO pound loss! How's the exercising going?

Reporting no weight loss or weight gain! GRRR! I don't think I watched my calories good enough this last week. If I don't watch it VERY closely, I don't lose. I guess I better go back to logging my food. Miriam: one pound loss is much better than my NO pound loss! How's the exercising going?

Hey Karey! Exercise is going really well, I am exercising in some capacity every day. I am going to try spinning tonight, I think I'm ready to get back into it... if not well I will sneak out, haha.

Your big day is soon! Are you excited?

hi i am fairly new here but i had my surgery by Dr. Ortiz also. mine was on Sept 8, 2006. I lost 16 lbs the first month but then stopped losing. i am also a slow loser. Did you ever call ortiz for any support or did u buy his book for answers to any questions? I go to Acuna, Mexico for fills because it is cheaper and they use fluoro. My first fill in 3-07, i was told that my pouch was stretched out but now i look back and i realize that i had gulped the liquid and he had me closed off and the liquid had nowhere to go. Remember this was my first fill and i had no idea what to expect or do. i went months being frustrated thinking i had a big stomach again. Later i could eat whatever i wanted and i thought it was because of a stretched out pouch so why go for a fill. In Dec 07 i decided to hell with it, i was going for a fill anyway. Good news, I did not have a stretched out pouch and i was way past due for a fill. it urps me that i wasted all those months when i could have gone for another fill if i had not been misinformed at my first fill. oh well i'm back on track now. I am down 21 lbs from the day of surgery which is not where i wanted to be at this time but I am better that what i was. if u have any suggestions for me i would appreciate it. plus your tickler says you have only lost 5 lbs since your surgery. is this correct?:cursing:

Nonad: Mimin's ticker is for her current goal. Sorry for all your troubles. What a frustrating situation for you! I'm glad you finally pursued it. Luckily you can still do it and sounds like you are back on track! There are several threads for slow losers on here and I would check them out. Persoanlly, I think that a combination of low calories and exercise works best. I aim for 60 to 75 grams of protien daily, 25 grams of Fiber and I record what I eat. I really like a software program called Diet Power, which you can download for a free 2 week trial. The program grades your food choices and I have learned a lot about good eating from it. Also, if you can afford it, I would get a Body Bugg, because it will monitor how many calories you are burning and teach you even more about your body and metabolism. Of course you don't need any of these things, you can go to any number of free programs on the internet to record your food choices, etc. I think that exercise is key, especially weight training to increase your metabolism. Also, I would keep up with the fills now that you know your pouch is okay. If you think you can eat too much than get another fill and keep getting them till you reach the point that if you had a nother fill it would be uncomfortable. Then you'll know you've found your sweet spot. The lapband is a wonderful tool, I'm glad that you found out yours is working. I'd check out more of the threads on lapband talk and I'd go to Obesity Help website. Keep checking in with us whenever you feel like it! Lots of luck!

Mimin: Glad your back to exercise. Let me know how the spin class goes. I think that after my surgery, I'm going to give spin a try. I would like to set a goal to go on some bike tours. My doc went to Spain on a bike tour and he and his wife absolutely loved it. I think I'm in good enough shape, but not comfortable really on a bike. Anyway, thinking of goals for myself, when it's not weight loss. Wierd to think there will come a day when I don't need to lose weight?!!! Anyway, please keep in touch, I consider you a friend. Yup, my surgery is coming up. I have my 2 week pre-op appointment in a few days. Half the time I feel like chickening out, but I won't!

Hey nonad, I know you were asking Mimin but thought I'd chime in as well. I can't remember what her total weight loss so far is but her and my ticker as well are set for a short term goal right now.

I am so sorry to hear about the misinformation you received on your first fill. If I had heard that I think I would have been slow to travel for another fill. But as you said at least you are DOWN over 20 pounds and no longer struggling tooth and nail to keep it off. How many years in our life could we say that in the past?

How is this new fill working for you? Are you feeling more restricted now? Try not to feel to bad about the last year. You really have lost weight after all and you are not the only slow loser out there. Plus if you think about it you did pretty amazing without the proper fill level to help you.

You also asked about Ortiz' book and follow up questions. I have friends that were banded in MX but I wasn't so forgive my ignorance. Did he give you any good advice on what/how to eat at restriction, or would you like us to give you some? I don't want to come across as preachy or condescending by giving any advice that you may already know.

Thanks for the replys, enjoyed them. I have never received any support from Dr. Ortiz office nor have i called. I am in contact with the pt advocate for Dr. Martinez and Dr. Alvarez in Acuna. She has been helpful but some things differ between her and what i've been told and read on this forum.

After my last fill i have learned what eating very little is all about. iwas very tight. it has been trial and error, slimed alot, threw up alot and had some discomfort but i have learned when to stop eating and to chew well. one thing that has been interesting is that i have alot of sinus(mucous) that i didn't know i had. When i throw up it is usually a big mucous ball. this usually only happens after 3 to 4 bites of food. Can't live on that! I now drink warm tea or coffee before i eat to rinse out the mucous so i have room in my pouch for some nutrition(food). i probably do not get enough calories in a day but i know i am getting Protein because i use Unjury Protein Drinks. They do not leave me hungry 2 hours later. I am going Monday for a fill or unfill, not sure which one but we'll see. Sorry this was so long.