Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I am up 1lb this week. I got an unfill and decided if I gain some of it back it's much better than starving to death!

Mimin: Congratulations! You are doing awesome! I went to Costa Rica this past week to visit my cousin. Just got back this morning at 2 am. We had a wonderful time. The country is beautiful, the Water safe, didn't get stung by any jelly fish. It was great. I also didn't lose any weight or gain. I went to water aerobics this morning and I am back on track. That is the wonderful thing about the band. Love it.

Hi ya'll. I managed to lose the one pound I gained last week, plus two more, for a total of -3 for the week. Just two pounds to goal (initial goal, anyway!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Tami

Finally checking in after two weeks. school is done, over kput.... I can breathe. Went to the doc today. lost 3 pounds last month. they gave me .1 cc. funny they said it was the size of a tear drop... anyway. I basically now weigh 154 I am down 6 pounds from the time we started the 4th of July challenge. down 6 is better than up 6 Well, I need to meet my husband so I will check in later in the week. I can't get my signature to change. I keep trying but no luck.

<p>Hi ya'll. Got on the scale this morning and I've dropped those last two pounds! I'm at goal! But, to be honest, it feels a little anti-climatic. I think I still want to lose 10 lbs. more or so, and will need to look into some plastic surgery if I want to be happy with my body nekkid. But, I think my biggest fear is maintenance. I've just never been able to maintain a weight loss over time. I think it's because it's harder to keep up the good habits without the scale victories for motivation. But, this is why I got the band. I surely do hope this will make the difference in my ability to maintain.</p> <p> </p> <p>Tami</p>

Tami! Congratulations! Fantastic! Fabulous! Woo hoo!!!

I finally got a fill today. It's been over 2 months since I saw the nutritionist and doctor. They were wonderful. Instead of giving me hard time, they bragged on me for what I have accomplished and the fact that I have definitely not given up.

They have a new plan in conjunction with Larry North's Gym for 8 of their patients to participate in a once a week work out, with a personal trainer, and once a month meetings with a psychologist who they say is great. I told them I really want to be one of those 8 people. They said they will allow it if I get an okay from the exercise physiologist. I have an appt. with her on Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I need a tangible program with a week to week specific commitment to build my body back up and eat well.

I was half a pound heavier than I was January 2 according to their scales. I actually wasn't too disappointed with that.

It has been a while since I checked in. I was banded Sept 2006 and it took me a long time to really start lossing. 15lb from Sept - Feb

Come to find out my sleeping pill Remeron was the reason. I just happened to run out of it in March and in 1 week lost 5 lbs. I had questioned the med back in Nov with my family Dr at the time and she swore it would not be causing me not to loss weight. Well since about March 25 I have lost another 25 lbs. That is 25lbs from in 2 1/2 months. I am soooooooo excited. As of today I am down 40lbs.

I started at 272 and today was 232.

I just wanted to check in and let you all know how I am doing. I am not sure anyone here will even remember me.

I have a 9cc band and I am at 7cc right now and do not want to be any tighter.

My goal is to loss another 10 lbs by sept and then give my self another year to loss 50 more. We will see. I will be happy no matter what happens.

Not just the weight loss but also I am off insulin which was the main reason I did this. My last A1C was 6.1 and that is excallent for a Diabetic.

Take care and will check in more often promise!!!!!!:biggrin1:

Thanks Karey!! You're doing very, very well. I'll bet you are feeling fantastic! I've been reading your progress and I'm impressed. Thanks for your encouragement. I find out today and I'll post back later.

Shell that's amazing! What a breakthrough - and to learn that it had to do with one of your meds. I can't believe they finally tied it down to that one medication. Thank goodness. You're doing great! I'm sure you're feeling better too.

Here are the numbers for this week, we are kickin' right along!

TamifromAL - 185/0/-3/-1/-3/-2/+2/-3/-1/-4/+1/-5

MimIN – 180/+14/0 /-17/-4/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-8/+1

Cassandra – 228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin – 185/-0.5/0/0/0/-2/-1/-2/0/-1

LindaN – 208/-1/0/-1/-2/-0/-3/?/?/?/?/?

BJean – 177/-1/-1/0/0/0/+2/?/+1/0/0

Kareyquilts - 189/-2/0/-4/0/0/0/-1.5/?/0

Lisalee - 189/0/0/-4/-1/-1/0/-1/-1/-1/?

Sandranoelle - 260/+2/-4/-1/+2/-1/-3/?/?/-1

Tanya67 - 231/-2/-2/-2/-3/-2/

Congrats Tami! It's a great feeling to hit goal. I too am lowering my goal a little bit, I want to try out 150lbs just to see what it feels like:) MY PCP tells me I've lost to much and is encouraging me to go back to 170lbs and I politely told her "NOT ON YOUR LIFE!" :(

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I could never have done this without y'all!!!

Karey - You are always travelling! I am JEALOUS! Still stuck is hot n' sticky Indiana without a break in sight. I did buy my first two piece bathingsuit EVER with hopes of a vacation to wear it on soon!

I know this thread has become less active lately, but I want to tell you how much it means to me. If I hadn't had you all, who were banded in my same time frame, I am sure I would never have been able to understand so much about this process of the LB.

I appreciate each and every post you all make. I am thrilled to read about Tami's and MimNi's fantastic commitment and results. I admire karey's and Sandra's and Shell's and gonnabe's ability to keep on the path and continue to lose when many of us were struggling and not losing.

Everything I read here I can relate to in one way or other and I thank you all so much. I hope we won't give it up and will continue to stay in touch and keep abreast (especially MimNi's) of each other's progress.

Big hugs to all of you and wish me luck with my new exercise program that starts on the 19th and with my bit of unfill and realization that I was overfilled and not being able to eat real food and so I was hungry all the time. I hope there's someone lurking that this helps.

:) :kiss2::):kiss2: :girl_hug::kiss2: :girl_hug::kiss2: :girl_hug::kiss2: :girl_hug: (That's all the hugs and kisses - anymore would scare everybody!)

Like BJean, I really appreciate all the support from this thread. Looks like we're all getting very close to our goal weights.

I lowered my goal from my surgeon's 162 to my own 150. Like Mim, I want to see how I feel at 150. Everyone I know says I don't need to lose anymore, but they're used to seeing me in a size 24 so now at 14 I look great. But there's still a bit of flab that I can afford to lose.

I've been exercising with a friend at the gym and that's made an incredible difference in the way I feel. After a nearly 3 month plauteau I started losing again. Wow.

Looks like I'm headed for a hysterectomy. See, I have an excuse for not being able to hold my stomach in! The surgery alone might put me close to goal. My GYN suggested a Tummy Tuck at the same time. Looks like I'll begin researching the insurance options. Remember how much fun it was to get the lapband covered? This should be a real picnic, huh?

I would like to ditto what others have said. I appreciate what everyone has contributed to this thread. I too feel lost by myself but seem to keep going knowing you all are trying also. I admit I wish I was as good as Tami and Mim but who knows I may yet.

I just wanted to mention a sort of unbelievable NSV that I had at the exercise physiologist's last Thurs. I've seen her 3 times since surgery. Each time she measures half a dozen places on my bod to see about overall loss of inches. Each time I've seen her, I've lost one inch in my NECK!!! A total of 3 inches in my neck! She's shocked each time. She says it is much more normal to see 1/8th inch to 1/2 inch change each time, at most. And although I hadn't lost weight since I saw her last, I had lost inches all over except in my waist. So the Water aerobics have helped some. All in all much better report than I expected! It really helped to have some positive news.