Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

OMG Karey! one breadstick is 140 calories and the Soup was 588? Unbelievable! I used to eat about 3 or 4 of those breadsticks at one stitting. They are so garlicky and good. I must avoid that place because I would have to try to eat a breadstick!

BJean: The only issue we have is the fact that he isn't seeing the kids as he promised them. We have tried to be civil to each other, it is back to that again now that his girlfriend is out of town again. The kids are reassured everyday that they are loved by both of us. I do not talk bad about their dad, I reassure them that he is going to be there when he can. We talked yesterday and agreed that he needed to pick certain days of the week that we can put on the calendar that he was going to pick them up from school and take them to his house for dinner. I also told him on his every other weekend he is going to have to take the kids and figure out a babysitter for them when he goes to work. He agreed that they needed the stability and is going to pick them up tonight and talk to them about the best days to see them during the week. He is also going to be helping out with softball and t-ball. I am hoping that he doesn't go back on the agreement.

He knows that I won't and don't talk about him behind his back to the kids and he knows why I feel the way I do. I am just hoping that the next time his girlfriend comes into town, he thinks of his kids and at least comes to spend a couple of hours with them in the time that she is in town and doesn't make them feel like he forgot about them again. (This is all I ask of him)

I am pretty leniant on how it all works out. I don't want to see my kids hurt and that is my main issue. I think he understands that now.

lifelongband: I am very impressed with how you're handling it. You're way ahead of the game. I didn't understand all of that and it never did really work out well for us. I eventually moved out of state with his permission (hummph!) and I was on my own after that anyway.

Your kids are very fortunate to have you as a mommie. I hope their dad doesn't let them down. At least you have come to a meeting of the minds on it and that's the first step in getting it to work out well for the kids. Keep up the good work. I know it is very difficult. Those breaks are not only the best thing for the kids and their dad, but mom needs some regular relief from all the responsibility 24/7.

BJean: I really learned a lot from my own parents divorce on what to do and what not to do. I remember a lot of things that happened, I was 12. I remember how bad certain things hurt and what made a big difference. I just try and tell their dad my stories and remind him what is good for the kids. We are both trying to be grown up about all of it, but it doesn't happen all the time. We dont' do it in front of the kids. We make sure that I am outside on the phone or the kids are out playing before we talk about anything.

The kids have asked for honesty and to not try and protect them. I told them that I would try to be as honest as possible as much as possible, but there were going to be instances when I would protect them. I wouldn't lie, but I wouldn't tell them everything or something like that. We really do try to get along, it is hard some days though.

My mom is a very wise person in my life when it comes down to it and she suggested that I tell him he had to take responsibility for them on his weekend and not make the kids accomodate to his. He needs to learn to be responsible, not me making him be responsible. He understands that I need the time also and he is willing to "try".

I am soooo sorry for the late post, here it is! If I've missed anyone just let me know!

TamifromAL - 185/0/-3/-1/-3/-2

MimIN – 180/+14/0 /-17/-4/-1

Cassandra – 228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin – 185/-0.5/0/0/0

LindaN – 208/-1/0/-1/-2/-2

BJean – 177/-1/-1/0/0

Kareyquilts - 189/-2/0/-4/0

Lisalee - 189/0/0/-4/-1

Sandranoelle - 260/0/0/+2/0/-1

Tanya67 - 231/-2/-2

I am down 1 lb this week. I joined a new gym last weekend that is 24 hours. My new job has consumed what little spare time I had and I could not find the time to workout during my old gym's hours. Although I don't like the idea of working out at midnight because I am up until 2 or 3 am but atleast I am getting my workouts in. I have taken up swimming, spinning and yoga. I was suprised to see how many people are in late night classes, atleast I am not alone with the arsebackwards schedule!

I am down 1lb this week, I think the last few lbs are going to be stubborn!

Last week I was out of town and had a 0 loss. This week the vacation caught up with me. I've gained 3 lbs. Eeeekkkk!!!! :rolleyes: Don't toss me out yet, I'm going to get a grip soon. I just know it.

down 2# for me please- finally.

hello all, I am up 2 pounds this week. big difference when you don't exercise. on my chart MinIN I should be plus2 down 4 and down 1 and then plus 2 this week. well time to do school work.. getting to be the end of the year..

I want you all to know I have been passing down some of your advice to my daughter. she seems more in control. I hope so she goes to mediation on Wed. My youngest daughter and I are taking the day off to go and clean her house and fix her dinner. she will be in a tizzy when it is over.. any time she is with the master manipulator she ( the one with the sweet disposition) comes out on the bottom.

I squeezed off a pound this week, now down to 183. Just bought a new scale that measures body fat, Fluid volume, muscle mass, bone mass and other cool things. It's a lot of fun...not sure exactly how accurate but still cool to watch the numbers. The only problem is it weighs me 3 pounds heavier than the old one....which I still use as my guideline (and is the same as the doctor's office. Cost way too much though...bought it on an impluse in one of those stores with the tempurpedic mattresses, gadgets, foot massagers, etc.

Looks like we're all headed in the right direction....down!

Has anyone's significant other expressed interest in getting the band themselves?

My boyfriend has mentioned it a few times and the last time we talked about it at length he decided he was going to lose it on his own and we came up with a reward system... well that lasted for 20lbs and it has all since been gained back.

Last night he came home and was in kind of a bummy mood; we talked and he started talking about how worried he is about his health. His knees are hurting, he's out of breath quickly and overall depressed that he is achy all the time and feels so old when he's only 28. He said he is serious this time and wants to get the band but is concerned about losing weight fast, I lost a lot pretty quickly and he is prone to fast weight loss when he puts his mind to it. I am very supportive of his decision and he too will go to Mexico but he's a bargin shopper and I am afraid he'll go with the lowest bid rather than the best surgeon. I would like him to go to the same surgeon I did but there are others that are 1-2k cheaper and he's asking me why he shouldn't go to them. How do you get it through to a "value minded" individual that this is not like buying a car!

I have tried to explain to him that I've already done the research on Dr. Ortiz and that saves him time, I am walking living proof that he is a good surgeon and I am comfortable with him.

So now I'm really worried:phanvan

MimIN: Before deciding to divorce, my husband expressed interest in the band. We didn't have the money for him to go to Mexico to get it done. We were living pay check to pay check. He found some will power on his own and has currently lost 130 pounds in the 6 months I have lost 72 pounds. The weight is melting off him. I just fed him and my kids what I was eating and the portion amount I was eating.

I think if your boyfriend does research on the doctors with the lower cost through this thread and other threads, he will find his way. I know that a lot of people have their different opinions and have read a lot of them.

I am an exception as my private pay was paid by another entity. I am very gracious to them for giving me the opportunity to live. I am happy with my over all outcome of my situation.

I am no longer diabetic, no high blood pressure, my choleterol is dropping, and I am so much happier with myself.

If anybody would like to see my pictures you can go to www.myspace.com/maeori. I update my pics every couple of weeks. I haven't updated in a while, I don't have the internet at home until tomorrow due to the move.

lisalee: sounds like I bought the same scale. I haven't really taken advantage of it yet. Too much going on here. Let me know if you figure out a good way to make it work for you. A friend of mine says she uses it everyday to calculate how much she can eat and still lose weight. She works out at a gym and also keeps track of exactly how many calories she burns while using the gym equipment. She's looking pretty fantastic.