Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Karey, I too am having that sagging jowl syndrome. Seriously sux. I am intrigued with the procedure you're having! Keep us posted.

laurigee: I have had quite a bit of bruising with my last fill. After the second and third fills, I didn't feel much restriction in my band but if I overate, my port would bulge, my stomach would bloat and it would hurt so much that I would have to keep pressing in on my port with my hand to get some relief. I keep forgetting to tell the doc about it because by the time I see him, it is not doing it anymore. I will try hard to remember to tell him when I see him in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know what he says. (I have not had the nausea, but bending over is uncomfortable.)

Karey...Good luck with your procedure, can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Linda...Congratulations. It seems that you and I just keep chugging along at the same pace. I am very familiar with the happy dance as well.

BJean...Thanks for the response and I can't wait to hear what he says.

Hi all! I just wanted to share a NSV....the 1.3 miles I thought I ran the other day? Well I drove in my car and measured it out (I'm compulsive that way) and it was actually 1.5! Whoo hoo!

I have set a goal to run in a 5k race this summer in may with my sister (the half-marathoner :confused: ) She is a delightful and supportive person. Of course I will not plan to race anyone but myself.

How blessed I am to consider even doing such a thing! Amazing.

Checking in early for weigh in - I've lost 1 pound. This is getting on my last nerve! My (banded!) fill doc won't give me a fill if I lost ANY weight between office visits; I go to see her again on the 7th. What sucks is I can eat a little of anything - and it must be that TOM, I am ccraving sugar and chocolate like nothing else!

Congrats Lisalee! That is incredible! :clap2:

TruBlue: If you want a fill, stick some rocks in pocket, don't take of your shoes, drink a lot of Water before you go, etc. It might hurt your ego when you go to weigh in, but if you need a fill.... Good luck!

Oh, I guess I should report back on my Thermage procedure! Well, it hurt like hell, even with the pain killer and sleeping pill. It was bearable, but definetly not fun. With that said, I'm really pleased with the results! No more double chin or sagging jowls. My neck still has a few wrinkles, but with Thermage it takes 3-6 months to see the finally results. Also, I can get it touched up. Even though it was painful I would do it a gain. I'm thinking that after all my weight loss and weight training if my saggin underarms don't tighten up, I will do Thermage there. I just thinking how much my life has changed in just a short 5 months. Five months ago, I would look in the mirror and think terrible things about myself, ie. Karey you're disgusting, you've got to do something, etc. It was a good way to start the day. Now, I look in the mirror and think, Karey, you're doing it, you're looking pretty good, keep it up, etc. I'm not as depressed and feel hopeful about life in general. I have always been a loving person, but for the first time in a long time, I'm allowing myself to love me. It's a good thing!

I have a major scale victory....glorious ONEDERLAND! Woo Hoo!

Lisalee, congrats on the running. Great idea to plan for an event like that. It's a good motivator to have something specific to train for.

TruBluSue, Karey was ahead of me with the rocks idea! That's exactly what I would do. But, I also really think you should let your doc know how you feel about his policy. To me it really takes away your momentum if you can't have a fill if you lose any weight. It's like it's a punishment if you do well.

Karey, glad the thermage went well. I'm going to check into it!

Tami

Tami....hurray for onederland!!!!! :rockon:

Karey....it is so good to hear you are feeling so good about yourself!!! :clap2:

TruBluSue....1 liter = about 2 pounds....just a little FYI! :gluck:

Weighing in for the week: down 2 lbs!

I went to Tickerfactory and updated my ticker. When I went to paste it here, it had already transferred over. Something new?

Tami: WOOHOOO!!!! Welcome to ONEderland!!!!!

Karey: I'm so glad the pain was worth the results! I am envious, congrats!

I am down 2lbs this week.

Im down 1.5# this week. I'll take it.

Nice to hear things are going so well for everyone. Lisa...nice run! Karey...I bet you look fabulous, I'm glad it turned out so well. If anyone knows any quick fixes for dark circles and bags under the eyes I sure could use it. Tami...Congratulations on onederland. It must feel like such a victory!

For me I am down 3 this week. Which is just getting rid of the weight I gained during last month. Will I ever see onederland? I'm hoping so.