Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Renee, I took my ticker off my signature, because I feel bad when someone is disappointed in their own weight loss in comparison to mine. :rolleyes:

This is a very individual journey, so there are a wide variety of experiences. But, I think it's safe to say that every one of us here is in a better situation than we were a year ago! And next year at this time we'll be even healthier. :bounce:

Tami

Banded 9/5/06

273/204/150 :horn:

hello all. I went to the doctor today and got another fill. .4 for a total of 1.4. that doesn't seem very much.those of you that have restriction in this size band, how much of a fill do you have?????? but I was down 3.5 pounds for the month. of course it is the same 3 pounds I have lost and gained 4 times. hopefully, like MinIn I will loose the week after the fill. at least I won't be able to eat tonight or tomorrow night... well, Gray's anatomy is on.. got to go.. there are priorities

rms778645: Hi I was banded Sept. 8, 2006 and up until this week I had lost about 15 lbs. and was getting very discouraged,(I wasn't gaining) but this week I am really paying attention to what I eat and am starting to show a loss again. Thank the Good Lord for that. We all lose weight at different speeds, but this group is the best group for information, encouragement and support. They are wonderful!

Good luck on your journey as for all of us and remember it's baby steps. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Valgal: My doctor keeps telling me baby steps too. He keeps reminding me that this is supposed to be a 2 year program. It is so hard to keep from being impatient and trying to lose weight the way I did when I would go on a starvation diet. But you know what they say about doing things the way you always did and getting the results you always got. I sure don't want to re-gain the way I always did. I need to readjust my eating patterns but that doesn't mean to stop eating. I want to remember to eat the right things so that I don't harm my body (including losing my hair).

Sounds like you're on top of things and we're proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Jack posted a great story here that I will probably mess up by paraphrasing, but it was about a friend of his who was a marathon man. He was preparing for an unbelievably long run and when Jack asked him how in the world he was able to run that far, the marathon man said one step at a time.

Anyone hear from april?- she did not leave us I hope!

For support when I can -I eat lunch in my office and read LBT- great for slowing down remembering WHY I did this!!

My weight loss should pick up now that Im back on South Beach way of eating. I think the sugar was sabotaging my efforts! Im much less hungry now and seem to be having better relations with my band.

gonnabe: Glad you've found a way to use the Band as the tool you wanted! I'm still working on it, but I'm beginning to think I might get the hang of it soon. After this last fill, I am not experiencing a lot of restriction, but I am not as hungry and obsessed with where my next meal is coming from. (not a joke)

Valgal: My doctor keeps telling me baby steps too. He keeps reminding me that this is supposed to be a 2 year program. It is so hard to keep from being impatient and trying to lose weight the way I did when I would go on a starvation diet. But you know what they say about doing things the way you always did and getting the results you always got. I sure don't want to re-gain the way I always did. I need to readjust my eating patterns but that doesn't mean to stop eating. I want to remember to eat the right things so that I don't harm my body (including losing my hair).

Sounds like you're on top of things and we're proud of you! Keep up the good work!

On top? No, but trying to get there. Insanity!! :omg: Yes I do remember.

I decided this week to restart my old weight watcher points program. I thought well it surely will work this time because I cannot hold as much food as I once could. You know it is working too. (at least this week) I have managed to lose 3 lbs this week and I am not feeling starved. I just buy the dinners and calculate the points and last night I told my DH that I didn't eat enough food yesterday. Wow! :biggrin1: That sure felt wierd saying that! He thought I was lying. I feel really strong now and I can do this from now on until I lose all the weight I want to, at least that is the way I feel at the moment. I pray this feeling stays with me and if it doesn't I pray for strength.

My doctor told me also, it was a 2 year program. I have had 3 fills now and I feel quite a bit of restriction since the last fill. I have 2 cc's in a about a 4.5cc band. I do get humgry every 4 hours eating the WW way. That's good. I must have still been eating too much before I started this plan. That explains why I wasn't losing. DUH! :D Helloooo! I just didn't think I was eating as much as before the surgery and I wasn't, but it was still more than I needed. God willing I will make it. I love this group and I just wouldn't know what to do without all y'all.

Sorry about the book. :P

Valgal: I think that there might also be something to varying the patterns of what we're eating from time to time. I've heard so many people say they weren't losing and then tried a different approach and started losing again.

It must feel great to get to a point of feeling confident that you can continue to do something that is working for you. I'm not there quite yet. I was after my second fill, for a while, but it changed for me. I will admit that at some point I weakened and started eating simple carbs. I know they're like a drug for me. The more I eat them, the more I want them.

I think this is a great group too. Mighty nice to make your acquaintance~!

BJ

Let me give you guys the downside of losing fast. I am seriously losing some hair. I have to rake out the shower drain with my toes 2-3 times per shower, my bathroom floor looks like a hair salon with no broom, and I have to swipe my clothes with one of those sticky roll things before I leave the house. I'm shedding worse than a dog. I talked to the doc about it, and he wants me to see the nutritionist. Maybe I'm not getting in enough Protein or something. Luckily, I have thick hair naturally, so it's not showing so far, but it's my best feature, and I want to keep all I can! Anybody else having this problem?

Tami

BJean: So good to meet you too!! I just got my last fill on the 9th of Jan. so this feeling of confidence just started this week. I didn't have it before. Simple carbs go down way too easy and that was my problem. I think the radio said it was Blue Monday. Hmmm, Go figure, when everyone else is said to be depressed because of Christmas Bills and lost their desire to diet, I get the surge of mind/diet strength and plug away. Oh well, it's working for now and I pray it stays around a while.

Tami: Your weight loss has been tremendous! I think it sounds like you need more Protein. I was told that would be a sign.

I like to drink Crystal Light (Orange/Strawberry/Banana) with my Protein Powder. whey vanilla protein from Wal-mart 110 Cal., 1.5 fat, 1 gm carb. and 23 protein. I just mix the 2 together and it tastes pretty good. I chug it down. Then when I am wanting something like a milk shake/smoothie I add frozen Strawberries and a frozen banana to it. I am not adding many more calories and I feel like I am being so bad drinking this but it tastes wonderful and I am getting one third of my protein. I use the latter one for my snack at night mostly when ice cream would really hit the spot. This protein smoothie will do wonderfully. My DH loves this drink. Just a thought. Keep us posted on what's happening.

Gonnabethin: I read it every chance I get too! If no one has replied I start reading other threads. Not the same though, I just feel like I know this group better, Yea you're family! I have been lurking since August just reading and learning.

Tami: I don't think that anyone feels bad about your weight loss. You're an inspiration. I think that you should put your weight loss tickr back on. We are having a March challenge on this thread! The best thread on LBT by the way! We are all proud of you, it doesn't make us feel bad.

Val: I'm glad you're not lurking anymore. Appreciate your comments.