Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Sandranoelle - Congrats! 32 to a 26 is a huge accomplishment! I don't think what you said is stupid - I think it's a great idea. The support of others is what has kept me chugging along. This road has not been easy!

In the beginning the weight came of faster then it is now and it can be hard to stay focused when it is coming off so slowly. I too could use all the support I can get so count me in!

MoM: Glad to see you back! What kind of job are you looking for? I too may be doing the same thing soon... waiting on news of our hostile takeover and will then find out my fate.

I think everyone has a touch of the after Christmas, winter-blues. I know that at least in Utah we are sick sick sick of the winter! On the news the other day, they said that Monday was known as Black Monday. The most depressing day of the year! The news said that people were getting their Christmas bills in, giving up on the New Year's resolutions and tired of the winter. Does that sound familiar? Well, at least one of our resolutions won't be completely broken. We can do this weight loss thing. We've got the tool, the support and the will power. Even if we're on a plateau, we will lose weight. How's that for a pep talk?!

kareyquilts: That's a good pep talk. You forgot to mention IRS taxes looming too. :tired

At least if we're cutting back on food - especially fast food - we'll be saving money! That's a biggie in the plus column.

You're right! Even a plateau isn't a gain and we do have the tool we need to get new resolve. We're way farther ahead of the game than we were in the past!

Rah, rah, ree

Hit 'em in the knee,

rah, rah, rass

hit 'em in the other knee.

Ooh. My knees didn't like the sound of that one! LOL

Only cheer I could come up with on such short notice. :embarassed:

Seriously, you make good points and it has made me want to get up, back away from this computer, move around and burn some calories! :clap2:

Hi September Bandsters!

I haven't checked in for a while...just busy. I'm looking for a job, too, MOM! I haven't worked outside of the home in 20 years, but my baby is 16, driving, and sure doesn't need me anymore. :think

But, of course, that means I have to have clothes!! aaahhhh I don't have enough casual clothes right now, let alone career clothes. So, I've been doing some shopping (in the MISSES section!!!). Love the fact that everything is on sale right now. I went to Kohls, and got three complete 3 pc. outfits, 2 pairs of shoes, and 4 tops for my daughter and spent barely over $200.00. Can't beat that with a stick!

I have been struggling lately with food, and won't post what I've eaten, 'cause I don't want anyone to think, "hmm, *that* sounds good, maybe I'll have one, too!" Let's just say, I have *not* had a good week food-wise. I'm going for a fill this afternoon. I still have mixed feelings about it, because I really do not want to get overfilled. I keep asking myself whether my hunger and poor food choices are due to my fat mind, or if it's because I need a fill.

On the positive side, I have been exercising. Plus, I feel awesome in my new clothes. My daughter and I went to a mother/daughter bunco game last night with all her friends and their mom's, and people were just amazed at the difference. I was beaming all night. Oh, and better yet, I avoided the wine! I love my wine, and usually look forward to social situations like this when I can justify a glass or two. But, I stuck with my bottled Water, and pushed the dishes of M & M's to the far side of the table!

Hope everyone is doing well. April, how's it going since the unfill? Keep us posted.

Thanks, ya'll for being here. Sandy, I agree...we need each other to lift us up when we're down, and to Celebrate our successes! I love this group. You guys are an inspiration!

Tami

Tami: I knew you were talking about a fill soon. I was too. I got mine Tuesday. I am not at all overfilled. I forgot to ask him exactly how much he added, but I do not have the wild cravings that I was having. Since the fill I've been doing much better. It hasn't kept me from eating anything though, that I've tried.

So don't be afraid. Be sure to tell them of your fears. I did and I think that's why I am not overfilled.

Good luck! I hope it helps take care of those crazy cravings! You're doing so well!

Congratulations on your fantastic NSVs!

I really want another fill but it's not for the right reasons. I like how I lose 5-7lbs the week following a fill and ususally 3-5 the week following that. a fill seems to kick me back into gear and I stop eating crap (as I shove an peanut M&M in my yap) and refocus. What stops me from making a fill appointment is I still have a reasonable amount of restriction and I don't want to overfill and slip but what sucks is my restriction is not consistant:(

I saw my surgeon this afternoon for the first time since surgery. He seemed very pleased with my progress, and asked all kinds of questions about how *I* did it. I told him that I give credit to the band, and to the surgeon who placed it! (And eating healthy and exercising, of course.) Then, the fill nurse came in to do my fill, and asked me if I'd consider doing a commercial for them in a couple of months! *That's* the best compliment I've had since starting this process!

She added .25, so I'm back up to 1.5. She said it's unusual to have restriction at this level, and even said that I should come back in two weeks, if I don't feel like it's tight enough! And here I was worried that I might be jumping the gun in getting another one now.

Tami

TAMI...A commercial, that's AWESOME. To think of all the people who he has banded that you stick out. You Rock! I have been having the same issues with having a fill. I felt like I shouid have gotton one at my last appointment, and I didn't. I have an appointment next Tuesday. I stepped on the scale this morning and I thought it was bad when I didn't lose a pound on Monday but today it says I've gained 4 pounds. YIKES! I have alot to do before Monday. I have been exercising almost every day, it is obvious it's bad food choices. I wonder if they have a band to put around my brain instead of my stomach. Well, I'm done whinning now, congratulations to everyone on their scale and NSV this week.

Ok, I am a January bandster and I was lurking to see what I can expect and alot of you guys don't have your weight lose posted. Where are you guys all at?

rms778645: I started at 220, am 180 currently and goal is 135. My surgery was on 9/11/06. Loss of 40 lbs. Just had my 3rd fill.

Good luck with your upcoming journey. You're going to get a lot of support here. Let us know how you're doing~!

Thanks! Congrats on your success. I can't wait to get moving. The healing/waiting for the fill is boring. I am ready to move! I know its a neccessary evil though.

rms78645: Congratulations on your surgery. I thought perhaps you hadn't had it yet.

Everything going well for you so far?

I actually lost most of the weight before I got my first fill. The post surgery diet did a lot. I haven't lost nearly as quickly since everything is healed and the swelling is gone.

How much do you weigh and what's your goal?

Oops Renee: I moved to fast and didn't look at everything on your signature line. You're already doing well!