Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I am such a yo yo...down 1 pound today from last Monday. Go to get

a fill tomorrow. I think some of the exercising for the last 2 weeks may

be adding some muscle weight, because I actually zipped the size 14W jean yesterday...but still had the belly roll, but I got them zipped.

My husband has said my twins have gotten smaller, which has never

happened before with losing weight. I too might lift and enlarge them, but will wait till I am a lot further along.

Exercised 4 days in the last week.

MimIN,

I'm down 8 lbs but that's not in one week. The last time I was at the doctor's was 12/4/06. Next Monday should be a true indicator of actual weight loss.

I am doing the exercise as pledged. That makes the difference, I'm sure.

MC

Linda...Congratulations on the size 14. Hope your fill goes well. What size band do you have? How much fill so far?

About plastic surgery, I feel if it's broke FIX IT. A friend of mine had a Tummy Tuck and she had to maintain her weight for 6 months before surgery. I'm thinking for best results with a breast lift or enhancement that rule would probably apply because our breasts are made up mostly of fat. I'm sure every doctor has a different opinion, but I wouldn't rush it to save money, its a one shot deal and you want it to look its best. Good Luck with your decision.

Karey, I've got a pretty good picture of your ex-DIL already, :pound: Congrats on the weight loss, and the exercise. It makes a difference, doesn't it? I'm actually starting to not hate it quite so much. Having some really good music on my iPod helps. I was listening to some Gypsy Kings this morning, and it made me wanna shake my maracas and have a margherita! So, I skipped the margheritas, and just did the shakin'!

Tami

1/8/07

Elliptical, 25"

Cybex upper body, 30"

B: 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1%milk, coffee w/ LF Cremora and S&L

L: Leftover crockpot beef stew, about 1 c.

S: Starbucks venti NF Latte with S&L

D: 3/4 of a chicken breast fillet w/LF mushroom gravy, sauteed mushrooms & onions; about 2 T. Rice a Roni; 1/3 c. steamed broccoli

I am one of the unfortunates that have never had a rack, at my heaviest I was a 44B... yep B as in boy (so sad!) and now I think I'm a negative A, lol. THe Dr was shocked that I didn't sag and said I'm the first bariatric patient he's seen that didn't need a lift (probably the only fat girl with a flat chest he's seen too!). I just went with my gut and my gut said do it so I'm scheduled March 26th for a new set of boobies:D I'm pretty excited!

Weighed in at 205 yesterday. Up two pounds. Bummer.

Went in for a fill and could only tolerate another .10ml. No loss in almost 4 weeks. Double bummer.

Will have to increase the intensity of my workouts I guess.

Does anyone notice that increasing the amount of Protein in the diets help? I found a shake with 42 grams of protein per 12 oz. It is 230 calories which seems like a lot but only 2 grams of fat and 12 grams of carbs. I've had a real difficult time tolerating any meats.< /p>

Also, my stomach is REAL sore this morning...unless it's liquid it hurts going down. Could it be the time of the month thing? I just stopped taking birth control pills.< /p>

Any thoughts on this? I'm feeling discouraged :)

Lisa: You might have gotten bruised from the fill. I would give yourself a little TLC. Platueas suck! I didn't lose any weight for 3 weeks and was getting very discouraged. Hang in there. It will come off! I guess the exercise and protien will speed things along. Notice any NSV's? You're probably getting smaller, ie. in inches. Good luck!

Hello all, down 4 this week. In the last 10 days I lost 4, gained 4 and lost 4.. crazy... I don't get another fill for 2 more weeks. oh well.. take care of yourselves and your scales. Sandy

I'm having another bad spell of port site pain. I can't make up my mind if it is from a muscle strain (lifting Christmas storage boxes) or from bloating from eating sugar stuff. Either way it is sheer punishment! Sometimes I have to keep my hand pressing on my port because it feels like it is going to pop right out of my skin.

Tonight I resorted to pre-band behavior and I'm really disappointed in myself. It was because I had an argument with DH (or just H) and wanted comfort. Will this ridiculous behavior never end???

This week's totals!

We did great! we are down a total of 26.5lbs!!! Not to mention all the NSVs! :clap2:

TamifromAL – 213/-5

BJean – 181/0

Gonnabethin – 190/0

MimIN – 199/-2

Sandranoelle – 275/-4

Kareyquilts – 203/-4

TrueBlueSue - 174.5/0

LindaN – 218/-1

Lauriegee – 215/-2

Mom of Many – 209/-1

Mariecarmen – 198/-8

Lisalee – 203/+2

Harlito – 371/-1.5

April – 241<O:p</O:p

SLHarrison –<O:p</O:p

Katt –<O:p</O:p

Jodi-T -

Mim, congrats on scheduling your "enhancement"! :) I know you must be excited, plus it will give you the much more incentive to do well during our challenge, with your surgery the next week.

Lisalee, I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I know that everyone needs to find what works for them, but from my limited experience, I wonder if maybe you're a little too restricted. I prefer to be a tad on the loose side so I can eat solid Protein, rather than relying on Protein Shakes, which sort of go against the whole idea of the band. They do provide protein, but they contain calories, too. Unfortunately, you don't get the benefit of feeling "full", as you would if you ate the same amount of calories in solid protein. But, again, that's just my opinion, and ymmv! You also might want to try Mim's plateau buster she posted a week or so ago.

I have no idea why you and BJean are both suffering stomach pains. I had a week or so of pain at my port site during the last week of December, but it passed before I got overly concerned about it. I hope yours does, too.

Tami

1/9

Elliptical, 30"

B: coffee w/LF Creamora and S&L; 1 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch with 1/2 c. 1% milk

L: 3 oz. foil pack chicken; 1/2 c. split pea Soup

D: Crockpot Italian chicken with veggies

S: SF, FF yogurt; wedge Laughing Cow Lite cheese

Lisa: Try somethiing warm on your stomach and in it. Get some sugar free hot chocalate or peppermint tea. Try and relax and don't punishment yourself for slipping off the wagaon. At least you recognized the trigger, now you can think of other behaviors besides eating that would help you let off some of the steam. Wish you the best!

Hey, thanks for your concern. I feel much better today. I still don't know for sure what causes the bulging port and pain, but I'd like to figure it out so that I can avoid whatever I'm doing to cause it!!

Tami, didn't you tell me that your DH and you are both dieting? I have come to realize that when my DH is out of town, I do much better. I've got to work on that. Afterall, it isn't HIS fault that I choose to fall off the wagon!