Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Whoohoo! I have a ticker...and it only took me 45 minutes! Great instructions MimIN, the best I've seen yet. Thanks!

LisaLee..It only took you 45 minutes. Your a computer genious, it took me about 2 hours to get the two tickers I have. Wish I would have seen MimIN instructions sooner.

Shell, I'm sorry about your frustration. I was going to respond on the other thread you posted, but figured I'd bring it back "home"! I just wanted to say that I disagree with the person who told you on the other thread to eat 1/2 cup of food at a meal. I don't see how you can get enough nutrition eating that little, unless you're eating every 2-3 hours, and that doesn't seem right or necessary with the band. I eat about a cup of food per meal, 3 meals/day plus one snack. Other than holidays or special events, I avoid sugar and white flour products. Most of my carbs are in the form of veggies, Beans, or whole grain products. I don't look at it as "dieting" per se, but eating good, healthy, *whole* foods. I'm glad to hear that your IBS is under control. But, if you're headed the other direction with Constipation, you might want to consider a Fiber additive product like FiberSure. I try to use it at least once a day.

As far as your level of fill is concerned, there seems to be a lot of different opinions on that, and I respect that others are different than mine. But, after my second fill, I couldn't eat Breakfast and really struggled with meat and chicken. For me, that was just too much fill. I much prefer to be able to eat breakfast and solid Protein. So, on the flip side of that, I have to deal with a *little* more hunger between meals. I manage that by drinking Water, coffee, and green tea.

I know that what works for one person may not work for someone else. Just keep your chin up, and eventually you'll find what works for you. Good luck!

Tami

Tami, what a good idea to post , that is really accountability plus it gives us ideas for food..

so I will join you:

1/3/07

B: low sugar instant breakfast, heated up like hot chocolate. I add Benefiber.

L: about 1 cup homemade clam chowder

S: clementine (small, as they all are)

D: chicken from costco. 1 leg and 2 wings, two bites potatoe (stuffed from costco- gross) and broccoli

S: low fat pudding (planned)

no exercise unless walking around costco for 30 minutes counts. I did ride the stationary bike yesterday.

I mostly don't plan my menu's just look for something in the fridge. not a good idea, that is why I like to hear from others and what they eat.

LindaN...Congratulations on the loss. I have been so obsessed by the scale lately I decided to wait until Mondays weigh in. I started exercising and had my husband take all the Christmas junk to work with him so the guys could eat it instead of me. I hope I can have a loss this week. It's been awhile. Again, Congratulation.

Congrats Linda!

Lauri - I too am obsessed with the scale and weigh almost every morning (BAD BAD HABIT but I can't help it!!) - I was showing a gain on Wednesday and it put me back into the 2's and I freaked, lol. This morning I am back in the 1's (barely but I don't care!) and hopefully I can show a loss Monday but will be happy if I can just maintain.

I know this isn't a weightloss break through but I find if I don't eat after 7pm I will lose a couple pounds a week and well if I do eat after 7 (usually what my schedule allows) I will not lose a dang thing but it is so hard to remember to bring something extra to work with me just incase I get caught up and stuck in the office late and I despise the hunger pains if I don't eat.

Mim & Lauri, I weigh every day, and tried to get out of the habit, because I always heard you should only weigh once a week. Then I read an article in Reader's Digest that said that daily weighing is a good thing. I think that their point was that if it's a habit, then you're always aware of the direction you're heading. It's easy to put off weighing if you think you aren't doing well, but that's probably when you need that reminder the most. But, we still need to be realistic about it. We will always have temporary fluctuations in our weight, and we shouldn't get down emotionally when the scale goes up. (Easier said than done!)

Tami

1/3/07:

20" elliptical

10" walk with dogs

B: coffee, S&L, LF Creamora; 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk

L: CPK lettuce wrap (split); 1/2 Chinese chicken salad

D: 3/4 of a chicken breast fillet; about 1/4 c. snow peas; 1/4 c. black-eyed peas

S: SF, FF yogurt

1/4/07:

No exercise

B: Coffee, S&L, LF Creamora; 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk

L: Moe's Southwest: Inside of a chicken burrito; tortilla chips (3-4)

D: Mexi bean bowl w/refried Beans, black beans, taco-seasoned lean ground beef, enchilada sauce, LF cheese, lettuce & tomato; whole-grain tortilla chips (4-5)

S: SF, FF yogurt

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I weigh every day, too! It can make you crazy, but I like to see what's happening plus I put my weight into my Diet Power software when I record what I've eaten everyday. I snowshoed for 45 minutes today. Yes, Utah had lots of snow dumped on us yesterday. It felt great to get outside. The trees had horefrost all over them. It was so beautiful. I'm really bushed. My software program said that I burned 450 calories with that activity. Not bad?

I'm up for the challenge! Sheesh... I need something to get me motivated again and out of this funk. I am trying to get fills as soon as I can but it is all out of pocket now and the weight is not waiting on me to get all the needed fills anymore. The weight has decided to come back on. So I need a challenge to help me through until I reach the "sweet spot".

The trees had horefrost all over them.

What the heck is horefrost? Not a term we're familiar with here in Alabama! :)

Love your "beach bunny" ticker, Karey...very clever!

Tami

"Horefrost" is the frost that gets all over the branches of the trees and sparkles in the sunlight. Maybe I can get a picture and attach it. Hmm. I'll work on it!

We are still missing some weigh-ins and we have another challenger!

TamifromAL - 213

BJean - 181

SLHarrison -

Gonnabethin - 190

Jodi-T -

MimIN - 199

Sandranoelle - 275

Kareyquilts - 203

Katt -

TrueBlueSue - 174.5

LindaN - 218

Lauriegee – 215