Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

For anyone on the soft Protein food stage and even if you are not. I realized today that the perfect food for me to eat right now is smoked salmon/lox with a smudge of fat free cream cheese on it. Very very satisfying, full of protein and YUM! I am allowed right now soft protein food only, Phase III of my diet after Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. I started yesterday. Basically, I am still not allowed to have any starches such as mashed potatoes, oatmeal, etc, even though they are mushies, they are NOT Proteins. I will not start phase IV until 8 weeks out after surgery which is November 7th. So far, this soft protein I can live with. I am even allowed to have a Boca Burger chewed very well, I had one yesterday and no problems, so I am curious to see how my weight loss progresses or doesn't. I understand though, that this is a time for healing and am not too concerned. Trying to make an appointment for my first fill somewhere around the end of Oct. to the first week in November. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey All,

Haven't been on in a few... my husband left for bootcamp on Tuesday, so I'm kind of bummed out. Haven't had too much of an appetite, so I guess that's a good thing. I'm not losing as quickly as I would like, but a little is better than nothing. Pretty much eating what I want to at this point, very slowly and a lot less. I can't choke down Protein Drinks anymore, so I'm really into the Zone Perfect Protein Bars. They're not chewy like most, they kind of taste like a rice krispy treat. There's 16g of Protein in One Bar, so I am going for three a day. I don't think I'm getting 60g a day yet, but I'm working my way towards that.

I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to everyone recently banded, and I hope everyone else banded earlier in the month is doing good as well.

Mallorie

not allowed to have any starches such as mashed potatoes

Me either on potatoes or Pasta. Im on liquid/soft ... sort of I can have Soup with crackers softened in it, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese consistency of foods. Im gonna avoid crackers as they are starch and it seems like that makes me hungrier.

Im allowed oatmeal and cream of wheat.:confused:

I LOVE that soft cheese Laughing Cow light triangles!! Those have saved me!!

Goal being that my pouch does no work for 3 more weeks. liquids and applesauce consistency run right thru, and dont overfill the pouch.

Then in 3 weeks I can have regular food that has been pulsed in the food processor so its little chunks to learn what bite size should be. After 3 weeks on that then no more food processor. If I level off , not losing a pound a week and I am on regular foods, chewing on my own and not losing then I get a fill.

The light is there its just dim still. I will do this!!! He just doesnt use the term mushie but it sounds like that is what it is.

Hey guys, my dietician recommended the Caramel Nut Rush Snickers Marathon Protein Bar with 20 gr of Protein per bar. It's 290 calories, not to be eaten indiscriminately, but they are really good and that's quite a lot of protein for something that yummy. I am only going to use them for a Meal Replacement, not as a snack, unless my meals on either side of the snack are very low calorie. Actually the first time I tried one, I ate about a fourth of one just as a snack.

When she said Snickers, I thought she was putting me on! There are some other flavors, which my DH bought and tried, but although they are lower in calories and carbs, they sure aren't as tasty. They do have 16 gr of protein, so are probably better per ounce all the way around, but them dang Caramel Nut Rush thingies is awesome, dude. :confused:

gonnabethin: What is it about those Laughing Cow lite triangles?? They have saved me more than once! When I got so hungry I thought I could eat a cow, I sucked on a triangle of Laughing Cow instead and by the time I ate the whole triangle, I thought I'd eaten a whole cow. :heh: Ok. not really, but they honestly have saved me several times.

I did find some very low carb, lo-cal crackers (very tasteless too), but I find that the cheese alone works just as well - even better since I don't have to worry about the calories or carbs in the crackers. Or the texture going down.

BTW - I reported last night that I had a sm. simple salad and some very mild Pasta with no ill effects. Well, not so fast BJ... later I had the blotation from you-know-where and it hurt! Took me quite a while before I could settle down and get some sleep. :confused: No more salad for me! And who needs that carb-laden pasta anyway? I'm back to eating cottage cheese and LOVING IT! :nervous

Wantlapband how did it go at the doctor? I'm having similar port-pain issues but am not seeing my doc until next week.

HI,

I had surgery yesterday morning and now I am home and feeling good. The actual surgery went fine, but they could not get an iv in me, either, they must have poked me 16 times finally that had to put in a central line, stitched right into the jugular, yuck! That was the only thing that bothered me, plus i would have been able to go home last night except that only certified people can take out the stitches and the center line, it was nasty, so glad it is over, it is great to be home on my own couch! Best of luck to all of you.

I was banded on 9/1 by Dr Spiegel in Houston and am just learning how to post on this site. Will have 1st fill this Monday, 10/2. Any suggestions? Once filled, will I feel much different than I do now? I lost 14 lbs the first 2 + weeks but haven't lost any since and actually gained a few back. Is that normal since I haven't had a fill yet? I'm also hungrier now and not getting full.

Good luck tomorrow to our LAST group of bandster: Lapoli7, ratgirl, sweetsue, chattanoogabrat, phw72. You guys are gonna do great! Update us over the weekend when you feel up to it.

HI,

I had surgery yesterday morning and now I am home and feeling good. The actual surgery went fine, but they could not get an iv in me, either, they must have poked me 16 times finally that had to put in a central line, stitched right into the jugular, yuck! That was the only thing that bothered me, plus i would have been able to go home last night except that only certified people can take out the stitches and the center line, it was nasty, so glad it is over, it is great to be home on my own couch! Best of luck to all of you.

I'm glad all went well. I thought I had small veins, but you win the prize. I'm sure the central line was no fun, but at least it is over and your recovery can begin. Congratulations!

Welcome harlito and ashley. It looks like you are both doing well since surgery. I haven't had a fill yet so I can't help you there, but I know once Sept Bandster has and hopefully will chime in. Otherwise check on the main board or on the August thread. Many of them have just had their first fills and could answer your questions. My first fill is scheduled for 11/8, so I have quite a while to wait.

Hi. Had the band placed on September 19 (last Tuesday). I am wondering if any other surgeons put "no restrictions" on their orders? I returned to work 7 days post-op and have no restrictions. I even double checked with his office and they said to go at my own pace. Even lifting weights if I want to. I am a nurse and work in surgery and so obviously I am moving unconscious patients around all day. I have worked this week and haven't felt any complications, but all this "no-lifting" talk is making me nervous. :confused:

Good Evenin, Tomorrow is the big day and I am so ready. I have done really well with the liquids and doing what I was suppose to the Surgeon should be very happy I think. I am so excited today I bought my first digital scale that I can use and get it be acurate it is a Healthmeter Scale and it only weighs up to 330. That made my day.

Been staying busy doing last minute things before surgery tommorrow. Want to wish those having surgery tomorrow and soon my thoughts are with you.

I am so glad I found this board.

Have a great night

Will post again when I feel up to it