Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

My doctor said that the first few days are liquid, i.e. Water, shakes, tea etc. Between 3 and 7 days post op, I can move to stuff like oatmeal, cream of wheat, mashed tatoes, stuff like that. I do that for quite a while before solids. I'm scheduled for my post op appointment on the 20th, so I guess my doctor will give me further instructions then.

Yes, I am still take the hydrocodone, but I think my next dose will be the liquid tylenol .... the hydrocodone is very very unpleasant.

Good luck to our Thursday, 9/7 bandsters: bibytz, kristyinusa, sunnshyne411, MICHELLE43, and cassandra. I'm sure everything will go great! Are you staying overnight or outpatient?

BJEAN:

I am just north of Boston, MA!

We went to Orlando. I had been a few times, but it was my son's first time. We had a great time. Great vacation, BUT HOT! I do not know how you guys in FLA deal with the heat AND humidity!! (It does get humid up here, but not for weeks on end!)

Since I started seeing my nutritionist in June, I have lost over 20 lbs, so I told her when my vacation was and she just said since I am doing so well, just start my pre-op diet on the day I get back :-)

(I only tried one Mickey bar on a stick and it was yummy!!) :-)

Sherry

SherryA: That sounds about like it has been described to me. Glad you didn't encounter anything unexpected.

My surgery is in Southlake, TX. How about you? I think you and I will be undergoing our surgeries at about the same time!

Which Disney? Orlando or Anaheim? I used to live near Disney World. For 16 yrs. Did you have a good time?

Lucky your pre-op diet landed on the day you got home. I guess you planned it that way?

I'm not sure I could have passed up one of those Mickey ice creams on a stick. It's so much fun to bite his ears off. Was it your first Disney adventure?

my date is Friday 9-8-06 at 10 AM. I am so excited I can hardly wait.

Valerie

Welcome! Have you had to follow a pre-op diet? If so how is it going? Are you staying overnight or outpatient?

SherryA: I'd love to be up in Mass right now. Although the weather here has turned not half bad. At least it's dry in Texas, not like Orlando.

God did not intend for humans to inhabit central Fla.! I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong for me to have to live there and work through whatever Karma I needed. (Shades of Shirley McLaine)

There are about 3 good months there - Jan. Feb. Mar. The rest of the time it's hot, humid, bug infested and all around unpleasant. I remember going to Disney so many times when it was just miserable. The concrete is so hot that if you wear socks and tennis shoes (so you'll be able to walk a lot) your legs get so hot that you break out in a red rash. REAL ATTRACTIVE! Plus when you went to the restroom, it was like your clothes were welded to you when you were trying to get them off and then lots 'o fun getting everything back up and on. :( I don't recommend living there to anyone. Although lots of people who are from the extremely cold climates love living there. Hence the snowbirds.

I hope your DS had a wonderful time and you did too.

I go for pre-op tomorrow. I have moments when I feel nervous, but nothing too bad. I got back my resolve after thinking hard about why I wanted the darned thing in the first place. Now I am looking forward to the challenges ahead. The most important thing on my agenda for the next couple of years is to change my way of life. Less focus on food, more focus on real fun! :nervous How are you feeling?

Valerie- Welcome to the club! I wish you the very best in your voyage into band-land. It's coming fast. How are you feeling?:paranoid

I met with my surgeon today, 6 days before my surgery date! I found out that I am getting a Vanguard Band (10cc one). I had asked him if they decide the size after looking at my stomach while operating, but he said no, they give everyone the large one. I was a little surprised, but oh, well. He said it is better to adjust, can hold more fills. If I didn't trust him so much, I would think it was strange because I heard that everyone get's a different size depending on the size of the stomach. This is our month everyone!:clap2:

Hi all,

Was banded on Sept 5th. Just got home this evening. I posted this on Lap Band support as well. But, since we are all September Bandsters wanted to give you a heads up.

I'm feeling ok. Lots of gas pains shooting up to my shoulders and feeling tired. I can't tell if I have any kind of restriction yet b/c I've only had a few sips of Decaf tea and a couple of spoonfuls of clear broth. I don't have much of an appetite, but the head hunger and desires don't seem to disappear. Overall, it was a succesful surgery and I see my surgeon next week for a follow up.

He said in six weeks I could have my first fill.

Good luck and a speedy recovery to all of you who will be banded this month. I'm cheering for you.:clap2: :clap2:

glad you feel ok, walk walk, walk. I will be joining you in band land next week- so excited!

BJEAN: Summer came to a screeching halt in Mass. Nice and cool, 70s, low humidity. After being in Florida in that weather, it feels great here!

Good luck at pre-op tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly!

I am feeling pretty good, really looking forward to Monday that's for sure!

Let us know how you make out tomorrow!

EM1125: Glad things seemed to go smoothly!

Good luck to everyone scheduled for tomorrw!

Sherry

SherryA: I'd love to be up in Mass right now. Although the weather here has turned not half bad. At least it's dry in Texas, not like Orlando.

God did not intend for humans to inhabit central Fla.! I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong for me to have to live there and work through whatever Karma I needed. (Shades of Shirley McLaine)

There are about 3 good months there - Jan. Feb. Mar. The rest of the time it's hot, humid, bug infested and all around unpleasant. I remember going to Disney so many times when it was just miserable. The concrete is so hot that if you wear socks and tennis shoes (so you'll be able to walk a lot) your legs get so hot that you break out in a red rash. REAL ATTRACTIVE! Plus when you went to the restroom, it was like your clothes were welded to you when you were trying to get them off and then lots 'o fun getting everything back up and on. :( I don't recommend living there to anyone. Although lots of people who are from the extremely cold climates love living there. Hence the snowbirds.

I hope your DS had a wonderful time and you did too.

I go for pre-op tomorrow. I have moments when I feel nervous, but nothing too bad. I got back my resolve after thinking hard about why I wanted the darned thing in the first place. Now I am looking forward to the challenges ahead. The most important thing on my agenda for the next couple of years is to change my way of life. Less focus on food, more focus on real fun! :nervous How are you feeling?

It's me again. I don't feel well. :( I've had Water, one slimfast and one Jello today, and I feel extremely nauseous. I also feel like I have a bubble of air in my stomach, almost like a burp that won't surface. :)