Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2-Weeks Out - What Do I Eat?!

Ok, to yesterday I went to the Dr for my 2-week check up. Ended up in the hospital overnight for dehydration. Feel 90% better today. Dr also changed me to a soft diet and we talked a little about what that would include, but I need some practical help from those that have been through this.

He told me moist meat, thought chicken would be too dry. He also said I could have fruit with no seeds, no skin and nothing packed in Syrup. No veggies because they might cause stomach upset.

So, what does all that boil down to. All I can see is tuna mushed up with a little low-fat mayo, ... Would this be a good time for the lasagna cupcakes (and other types) that I have seen on the website posted by others or is this too early for that? What did you eat?

He could kind of twll by the way I felt, because I just had nothing in me. My heart rate has also been very erratic. Also, he did blood work and discovered that my hematocrit was either low or high, whichever one is bad. I think he said it should be 12 and it was 16. I was also low on Magnesium.

Thanks for the reply..i have my appointment tomarrow. I am so scared he is going to put me in the hospital too. R u having a hard time getting fluids down?

I'm having surgery in 12 days and I'm concerned about this also. Is is just hard to sip and get the Fluid you need? Does if hurt? Or can you not drink at all? Just curious. I see this alot on the boards. I don't want to do something to myself that is going to make me MORE unhealthy! Ugghhhh... Here I am doubting my decision again! I hate it.

Sorry, I was venting. :) I really hope you feel better soon. Hopefully, you will be able to get more in. I know I was told that I would not be albe to go to mushies until 3 weeks after surgery.

I lived on crab meat... :-) also fish is very flakey and easy to mash up. Carrots ( fork mashed) , canned peaches packed in Water. turkey meatballs (homemade) with homemade marinara sauce (less carbs and sugar than jar kind) and of course I can not forget my high Protein ice cream which has been my sweet tooth life saver.

Thanks for the reply..i have my appointment tomarrow. I am so scared he is going to put me in the hospital too. R u having a hard time getting fluids down?

Yes, I was having a terrible time getting fluids down. Now, the taste in my mouth is much better and I am better able to get the fluids in. Not sure what the key was, but I feel so much better so even though it was a pain to have to spend the night in the hospital, I am glad in hindsight that I did.

I'm having surgery in 12 days and I'm concerned about this also. Is is just hard to sip and get the Fluid you need? Does if hurt? Or can you not drink at all? Just curious. I see this alot on the boards. I don't want to do something to myself that is going to make me MORE unhealthy! Ugghhhh... Here I am doubting my decision again! I hate it.

Sorry, I was venting. :) I really hope you feel better soon. Hopefully, you will be able to get more in. I know I was told that I would not be albe to go to mushies until 3 weeks after surgery.

Lisa,

I have no regrets. Yes, it was a setback, but here I am two weeks our from surgery and down 26 pounds and other than this couple of day setback, I feel great. Go into it with a realistic expectation that there may be a few issues down the road, but in the long run, we will all be healthier and happier with less luggage to lug around ( at least until that first trip we can take, fit into a regular plane seat comfortable, and wear something without feeling self conscious).

Sorry' date=' I was venting. :) I really hope you feel better soon. Hopefully, you will be able to get more in. I know I was told that I would not be albe to go to mushies until 3 weeks after surgery.[/quote']

I know that everyone's experience is so different, one thing I personally have read and experienced myself is everyday gets so easier. The reason why I personally struggle with fluids is because my stomach is still swollen so I feel full really quick. So i just have to go so slow and sip little by little. But I was warned that by my dietitian at the very beginning. On a good note I follow my dietitian guidelines to a t. And so far I have lost 20 lbs in less then 2 weeks. And that feels good. Because even though I struggle with fluids and stuff in the big picture I am doing so good and getting healthy :)