Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a few questions:

1.) How many milligrams of Calcium does your doctor recommend you take everyday?

2.) Does your doctor allow you to take small Vitamins in tablet form? If so, did you have any trouble early postop with them?

3.) What vitamims/ supplements can you not take together besides the multi with Iron?

4.) what acid reducer do you take? Is it a pill or a chewable or liquid?

5.) I am making a list and starting to buy things I wiill need. I put a funnel on my list, but have no idea why. Do you have one and if so, what do you use it for?

6.). I will be in the hospital up to two days. I live alone but can stay with my parents afterward. Do you think I need to? If so, how long would you recommend?

I think that is all for now. As always, I love this place and all the support I get here.

Thanks!

I have a few questions:

1.) How many milligrams of Calcium does your doctor recommend you take everyday? I take 700 mg 2x a day

2.) Does your doctor allow you to take small Vitamins in tablet form? If so, did you have any trouble early postop with them? I took chewable Centrum until about 7.5 months out.

3.) What vitamims/ supplements can you not take together besides the multi with Iron? I don't worry about this because I take my multi first, then wait till I eat to take the rest.

4.) what acid reducer do you take? Is it a pill or a chewable or liquid? I take pantoprazol in pill form. Started at 3 months.

5.) I am making a list and starting to buy things I wiill need. I put a funnel on my list, but have no idea why. Do you have one and if so, what do you use it for? I can't imagine what you'd use a funnel for. I'd buy a good whisk instead, or a small blender for shakes.

6.). I will be in the hospital up to two days. I live alone but can stay with my parents afterward. Do you think I need to? If so, how long would you recommend? Plan to stay with your parents for a week. If you're ready to go home sooner, there's no law against it.

I think that is all for now. As always, I love this place and all the support I get here.

Thanks!

I just wanted to mention that every doctor is different. Therefore, you might have different guidelines for Vitamins & when you can take them & how much to take. My doctor suggests 1500 grams of calcium citrate. I can't take vitamins/supplements for the first 2 weeks after surgery unless they're crushed, but he does allow me to take Prilosec as a pill. I still have to ask about a couple medications at my pre-op appointment this coming Friday. I would just follow what your doctor suggests.