Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Poor susie :(

I lost my hair from flu-induced aspiration pneumonia earlier this year and am so sorry this bad flu has gotten to you right at the worst possible time :( I can imagine how long your journey has been and it must feel awful to have a rescheduling possibility looming :( but broccolini is your friend ;) lol hope he boosts your immune system a little!!!

We'll all be here for you if worst happens but I hope you get better- it's almost a weekish away so you have time to recover!!!

Fingers crossed!

Downer of a day today :( have still got a nasty cold and am on more antibiotics. Had my pre op appointment and was told that if I'm not better by Tuesday, I'll have to reschedule my sleeve on Wednesday.

Just hoping I'll get better soon! I'm depressed and therefor angry at brocollini and asparagus. So frickin sick of no meat or variety in my life! I guess I better get used to it though. Won't be eating anything like I used to for the rest of my life.

Sorry for the negativity. Just jack of everything today.

I am so sorry that you're not well and it might push your date back :) I hope you're feeling better soon!!

Hi ladies! And gents :-) Question if I may....I have decided on my surgeon and have called to make a date- which I wanted as the 25th September as my children will be with my sister (school hols) however my surgeon is taking this time off so I have either the 11th September or the 9th October. My parents have their 40th wedding anniversary on the 21st October and it's 4 hours away (out west) which means I won't be able to attend' date=' we will have family from all over the place coming. So I'm trying for the 11th September. He never gave me a figure to lose, just wanted me on pre-op for 3 weeks. I have already started but it will only be 16 days by the 11th. So receptionist said lose between 5-10kg and we will consider it- but aim for 10kg. Is it possible to lose 5-10kg in two weeks????[/quote']

Hi Kayargh, I lost 10 kilos in two weeks on optifast! it was hard & sometimes I was hungry especially at night but ate lots of sugar free jelly and made myself iceblocks from sugar free cordial which really helped because you can have as much as you want. Best of luck to you :)

Hi Kayargh' date=' I lost 10 kilos in two weeks on optifast! it was hard & sometimes I was hungry especially at night but ate lots of sugar free jelly and made myself iceblocks from sugar free cordial which really helped because you can have as much as you want. Best of luck to you :)[/quote']

Thanks weight_no_longer! That's really encouraging to know!! I did a massively stupid thing yesterday, took my girls to the Gold Coast Show and ended up having a Dagwood dog. Then my sister and I had fish and chips with a glass of wine for dinner :-/ I had that 'well I have already stuffed up so who cares' mentality, combined with the 'well I have just walked for 7 hours around the show so it will be fine' mentality. However today is a brand new day and back on the Optifast it is. I sure hope I have stuffed my chances up, the scales say I have put on 900g from yesterday :-/

*haven't stuffed up

So with two days out I stuffed up last night...I had Ethan's birthday dinner and had about a quarter of a piece of white bread and two spoons of icecream cake. Now in the old days that would have been a win. But with just two days until surgery, I am worried I have stuffed it.

for any post-sleevers, did you have any slips before surgery you can share? And do you think I've blown it???

I am sure I would still be low calorie wise as due to my stupid wisdom tooth (lol) I have hardly eaten all day or the day before that either... I am just worried about the carbs and sugar in those two things...

So with two days out I stuffed up last night...I had Ethan's birthday dinner and had about a quarter of a piece of white bread and two spoons of icecream cake. Now in the old days that would have been a win. But with just two days until surgery' date=' I am worried I have stuffed it.

for any post-sleevers, did you have any slips before surgery you can share? And do you think I've blown it???

I am sure I would still be low calorie wise as due to my stupid wisdom tooth (lol) I have hardly eaten all day or the day before that either... I am just worried about the carbs and sugar in those two things...[/quote']

Hi Llla, don't stress, I am sure that tiny bit you had woud not have made any difference at thus stage. You have done so well during the mst difficult period, especially mentally. It will be easier afterwards because you won't have a choice or even feel like indulging. Drive carefully and good luck for this week.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thanks Kelli :) I will! I can't wait - I am so excited now! I am not even worried about the surgery oddly (bet that changes by tomorrow night lol) except that having a little wobble at this late stage would blow the surgery (liver too big)...on the upside, I saw my family last night (they hadn't seen me since I started the pre-op diet) and I got so many compliments on how much weight I had lost :) It was a good feeling!!!

Thanks weight_no_longer! That's really encouraging to know!! I did a massively stupid thing yesterday' date=' took my girls to the Gold Coast Show and ended up having a Dagwood dog. Then my sister and I had fish and chips with a glass of wine for dinner :-/ I had that 'well I have already stuffed up so who cares' mentality, combined with the 'well I have just walked for 7 hours around the show so it will be fine' mentality. However today is a brand new day and back on the Optifast it is. I sure hope I have stuffed my chances up, the scales say I have put on 900g from yesterday :-/[/quote']

Don't worry about the scales, they say that just so you can try your hardest, the biggest thing is to shrink your liver as long as you get back in to today there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks Kelli :) I will! I can't wait - I am so excited now! I am not even worried about the surgery oddly (bet that changes by tomorrow night lol) except that having a little wobble at this late stage would blow the surgery (liver too big)...on the upside' date=' I saw my family last night (they hadn't seen me since I started the pre-op diet) and I got so many compliments on how much weight I had lost :) It was a good feeling!!![/quote']

Wow Lila must be getting excited now. With your flip up yesterday, that's nothing. It was only a small amount. You will be fine for Monday. Safe travel for tomorrow, we will be waiting to hear from you. xx

So with two days out I stuffed up last night...I had Ethan's birthday dinner and had about a quarter of a piece of white bread and two spoons of icecream cake. Now in the old days that would have been a win. But with just two days until surgery' date=' I am worried I have stuffed it.

I am sure I would still be low calorie wise as due to my stupid wisdom tooth (lol) I have hardly eaten all day or the day before that either... I am just worried about the carbs and sugar in those two things...[/quote']

The day before my surgery for lunch I had a chicken, cheese, avocado and Mayonnaise toasted Turkish roll, you'll be just fine.

Thanks weight_no_longer! That's really encouraging to know!! I did a massively stupid thing yesterday' date=' took my girls to the Gold Coast Show and ended up having a Dagwood dog. Then my sister and I had fish and chips with a glass of wine for dinner :-/ I had that 'well I have already stuffed up so who cares' mentality, combined with the 'well I have just walked for 7 hours around the show so it will be fine' mentality. However today is a brand new day and back on the Optifast it is. I sure hope I have stuffed my chances up, the scales say I have put on 900g from yesterday :-/[/quote']

You sound like me, once I stuff up a diet I get into that mentality oh well its done now who cares might as well eat whatever. We are all human & obviously those having this surgery dont have that willpower with food that others might. Today is a new day, dont worry about yesterday or tomorrow... just do today. I tried to keep it real by thinking of my liver & knowing my doctor would know by looking at it if I had cheated or not (this kinda scared me into being good). Keep up the good work, its hard but worth it to have a smaller healthy liver that wont get in the way of doing the surgery. Best of luck. I know you can do it! :)

Thanks Ladies. I knew it was going to be tough, but I was hoping I'd be tougher!! Clearly not. I found out today that because I deferred an exam (I'm full time student plus working part time. I hurt my back and have been in a lot of pain, no work and doc said no exams as I can't sit for 2 1/2 hours) I have missed out on placement for my bachelor of nursing. So now have to wait till 2014. I left a high level job to do this in 2013 an now it's all shot to sh*t. I can't explain my frustration and disappointment. After spending hours crying and trying working out what the hell I'm going to do now- all I wanted to do was eat!! Worst news professionally at the worst possible time. :-(

Oh god, kayargh! I know the feeling- I didn't "defer" my BA at usyd and now I have to reapply through uac just to graduate!!! Stuffs up my masters for 2013 chronically! If I hadn't been sick earlier this year (obviously my weight affects general health) then I'd be fine!

Just keep truckin and try to focus on health... I've just been checkin out the overeaters anon thread on here and really feel more understood... This obviously isn't about "willpower" for me- I have a big problem but am getting there everyday a little more...

Good luck all!!!

Thanks Ladies. I knew it was going to be tough' date=' but I was hoping I'd be tougher!! Clearly not. I found out today that because I deferred an exam (I'm full time student plus working part time. I hurt my back and have been in a lot of pain, no work and doc said no exams as I can't sit for 2 1/2 hours) I have missed out on placement for my bachelor of nursing. So now have to wait till 2014. I left a high level job to do this in 2013 an now it's all shot to sh*t. I can't explain my frustration and disappointment. After spending hours crying and trying working out what the hell I'm going to do now- all I wanted to do was eat!! Worst news professionally at the worst possible time. :-([/quote']

I know it's not the same, but I completed cert III animal studies, cert IV veterinary science and diploma of practice management so that I could get into uni to study veterinary science, only to fall pregnant and know that I would be raising her as a single mother.

That was 7 years ago and I'm working as a barmaid in a leagues club. There is no way in the world I would be able to study full time for 5 years and support myself and my child.

1 year longer is tough to wait. No I take that back, it really really sucks. But you can still do it. I gave up my dreams. Don't give up yours.

On another note... Confession: I've had a gastro bug this week and have probably consumed about 2000kj over the entire week. I've been living off Water and the occasional pineapple juice. 0g of Protein. I just can't eat. Any suggestions? Normally I would have some lemonade and some hot chips to settle and line my stomach. Alas, on purée ATM and I don't even feel like eating anything anyway.