Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Michelle

I agree totally about dieticians. I got nothing out of my visit and have learnt more from my doc and sites like this and learning as I go.

I think I agree re the dietician. E and the doc are not on the same page. I will still talk with him, but will check with doc as well.

I know 6 other people who went to the same doctor as me. One of them had surgery over 5 years ago and none of us had any sort of drain. My Drs notes said if you notice your urine is green the day after surgery' date=' don't be alarmed, its just the blue dye they flushed the stomach with to check for leaks.

Just my thoughts on dieticians. I really don't feel comfortable with dietician directions post op. If they worked in conjunction with the surgeon, that would be great but it appears they don't. So for me, I'm skipping the dietician and going by my Dr and what my body is telling me. Sorry, I'm not tarring every dietician with the same brush but that's just my thoughts from my own personal experience.

:)[/quote']

My dietitian and surgeon, work really closely so they are both on the same wavelength, so much easier than having two different lots of info. I got a lot extra out of my dietitian also. Plus I have emailed her questions and she will always get back to me. Very handy.

But I do agree I have got so much support and info off this page, it's been great.

This page has been a bit of a lifesaver for me: I can't believe I start my pre-op diet on Sunday. OMG :) It the final countdown to surgery now! So excited...wishing the time would go really quickly!! I am sure it will - it seems that the last few weeks have flown by!

This page has been a bit of a lifesaver for me: I can't believe I start my pre-op diet on Sunday. OMG :) It the final countdown to surgery now! So excited...wishing the time would go really quickly!! I am sure it will - it seems that the last few weeks have flown by!

Lila, you will be fine. It's amazing how easy it is when you are totally committed. I just d to ecome a bt anti social during pre-op so I wouldn't ave to explain anything.

Yeh mate I'm an Aussie to' date=' I live in Brisbane.[/quote']

So do I Robbie. Where in Brisbane do you live? What's your sleeve status?

I use to be a member on the Australian gastric sleeve forum but unsubscribed my membership because there's so many bitchy wankers on there. I had my sleeve done on 10th May 2012 & have since lost 30kg, if your someone considering this op then I HIGHLY reccomend it.

I use to be a member on the Australian gastric sleeve forum but unsubscribed my membership because there's so many bitchy wankers on there. I had my sleeve done on 10th May 2012 & have since lost 30kg' date=' if your someone considering this op then I HIGHLY reccomend it.[/quote']

Hi Robbie, Tate's great weight loss, congratulations. Everyone I've met on ths site has been so positive and supportive. I initially looked at ther sites too, but only do this nw now as it's the best. Many ter sites are about lap bands and there seem to be a lot of unhappy people. You don't get that here.

I use to be a member on the Australian gastric sleeve forum but unsubscribed my membership because there's so many bitchy wankers on there. I had my sleeve done on 10th May 2012 & have since lost 30kg' date=' if your someone considering this op then I HIGHLY reccomend it.[/quote']

It all sounds positive Robbie. Any tips? Do you eat fairly normally now just small portions?

I'm 7 weeks post op and only yesterday started to feel pain at the far right lap port site. Not sure what is going on there. Will see my GP tomorrow between patients if it's still bothering me. I'm not due to see my surgeon til next month.

I'm 7 weeks post op and only yesterday started to feel pain at the far right lap port site. Not sure what is going on there. Will see my GP tomorrow between patients if it's still bothering me. I'm not due to see my surgeon til next month.

Hope all is ok and he puts your mind at rest. Assume you are banded?

Hope all is ok and he puts your mind at rest. Assume you are banded?

Sleeved.