Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

KristiP - Good luck with your consult, hopefully one doctor will get their stuff sorted :)

Lila - Congrats, feels great to keep moving forward.

Kelloff- Thanks :)

I didnt have reflux pre-surgery so this has all been a new experience for me. My main symptions are burning or feeling like there is a lump in my throat and a numb/tingly tongue. I have been through a number of different combinations of medication since my surgery, most just help dull the feelings not really solve the issue. I was told I would only need the reflux meds for a few months at most....but seems like I am the exception to the rule, so could be worse, I could have got a leak or any number of other things.

I think the surgeon is going to look for any blockages or lesions, and then see what the next steps are. I can live with the symptoms, they are annoying but just dont want them to be an indicator of something worse, especially as I am off overseas in just on 2 weeks.

Thanks!

First, I hope they get your reflux issues sorted out. That must be super uncomfortable!

Lila, congratulations on getting your approval! That must take the press off enormously!

Well, I saw Dr Skidmore today. He is just the nicest guy! So pleasant and approachable. I have to go through some pre-op stuff (barium test and gatroscopy) and then band removal. The only draw back - and for me it's a VERY big drawback - is that he has a band revision patient wait even longer between band removal and sleeve than Dr Blamey. Blamey is 10 weeks. Skidmore quoted a minimum of 16, or more depending on various factors. Plus, it will cost me more out of pocket, about $2500 more. And he does not do the DS. Blamey does, and I feel more comfortable knowing I can still get that done.....if I need it. (I'm going to do my darndest to not need it!)

So........I am sticking with Blamey, and due to some personal and money issues that have surfaced, i have rescheduled my band removal to 25 Sept, and all going well I will be sleeved on 4 Dec. It seems a long way away, but......mid-Jan 2013 is even longer!

Looks like I might be on full liquids for Christmas.....That will be interesting!

:-)

Hi Guys,

Wow! all this info has been so helpful and comforting! I'm exactly one month away from my sleeve. appointments with surgeon and nutritionist next week and am thinking about the Optifast phase. I really want to give this the best possible chance and am considering doing Optifast for three weeks rather than two.. I found it easy to do before my band last time but was wondering what you all think and reccomend? I'm a bit of an 'all or nothing' girl and am thinking this will give me even more weight loss and more discipline for post op.

My best friend has asked me to be in her wedding in Feb and I'm excited about it but nervous about how I'll look - especially next to the supermodels I'm in there with! it will be 6 months after my surgery - is there a rough guide at how much i can expect to lose?

Another one here! I'm from Melbourne. 6 weeks post sleeve and feeling FABULOUS!

Another one here! I'm from Melbourne. 6 weeks post sleeve and feeling FABULOUS!

Hi Nessa, welcome to our little Aussie group. This is a great site as it's all about sleevers and it is a terrific way to give and receive support. I am having my sleeve next Tuesday, so on the final countdown now.

I'm also on the Aussie forum, but find it difficult to navigate.

Hi Everyone, just an update....5 days left of Optifast before op next Tuesday. I have been going well, but have been travelling for work the past two days and am now exhausted. Have had shakes only fr past 2 days and it's not enough. I think the lack of actual food, especially Protein is really starting to kick in. I may indulge in vege with a but if fish or chicken tonight. Moving house on Friday and haven't any energy left to pack boxes. Wish me luck.

I'm also on the Aussie forum' date=' but find it difficult to navigate.[/quote']

Nessa I have also been on other sites, but this is the only one I look at now as it is great! AND everyone is lovely!

Nessa I have also been on other sites' date=' but this is the only one I look at now as it is great! AND everyone is lovely![/quote']

I'm the same. Also been on the Aussie sites but this is really the only site I'm on now as very easy to get around. Was really happy when I came across the Aussie Sleevers topic on this site as it appears us in Oz are the only ones whom use kilo's so I was always having to calculate everyone's weight loss and struggled with their receipes as did not know some of the ingredients. Anyway, great to hear from new joiners and of course the regulars.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Along with the OF, I also ate normal food, well, I went according to the meal plans in the Knife, Fork, Band book. I would've never have survived on the OF alone.

Hi everyone. Well today I had my 2 wk post op appt. Told my Dr that I was disappointed with the weightloss. Started at 93k, 88k now. He said I'm crazy and that given my starting weight , a drop of 5k in 2 weeks is pretty good. So I just have to hang in there. Dr was happy with my recovery and I told him that I went back to work 3 days early.

Started food today. I've had a scrambled egg, 30g of raw salmon, 2 clix biscuits with cottage cheese and half a jar of baby food. This of course was all spread out between 7am - 6pm. Dr said I could eat all if the above plus deli meats, mashed veg, yogurt etc. Any soft food that breaks down more when chewed.

I will continue to have 1 Protein shake per day as there is no way I could get the required Protein intake on such little food.

Hope everyone is doing great :)

BTW, I'm actually from Geelong, just saying Melbourne is sometimes easier LOL.

Anyone else from my neck of the woods?

Michelle

I'm sure you enjoyed eating some solid foods and off the liquids as much as I did. I am having some salmon and avocado for dinner to tonight. The clix biscuits with cottage cheese sounds nice. :)

Michelle

I'm sure you enjoyed eating some solid foods and off the liquids as much as I did. I am having some salmon and avocado for dinner to tonight. The clix biscuits with cottage cheese sounds nice. :)

Oh I sure did :) The egg and raw salmon didn't sit too well and made me burp a lot. The clix are great. Dr said they are fine as they melt in your mouth. And I actually really enjoyed the baby food which was organic bolognaise..

Its hard to learn when enough is enough. I'm always tempted to take that extra bite but it ends up being one bite too many :)

Enjoy your salmon and avocado. Sounds yum.

Hi Guys' date='

Wow! all this info has been so helpful and comforting! I'm exactly one month away from my sleeve. appointments with surgeon and nutritionist next week and am thinking about the Optifast phase. I really want to give this the best possible chance and am considering doing Optifast for three weeks rather than two.. I found it easy to do before my band last time but was wondering what you all think and reccomend? I'm a bit of an 'all or nothing' girl and am thinking this will give me even more weight loss and more discipline for post op.

My best friend has asked me to be in her wedding in Feb and I'm excited about it but nervous about how I'll look - especially next to the supermodels I'm in there with! it will be 6 months after my surgery - is there a rough guide at how much i can expect to lose?[/quote']

Hi Susie, welcome to this great site. There is so much valuable information here and it is a great support group.

I'm sure 6mths from op date to wedding you will look fabulous and I'm sure give the "supermodels" a run for their money. Haha.

I'm going overseas at Xmas and would love to be in double digits by then so I can really enjoy myself away. If I get close will still be happy :)

My new life began 20/7/12 by Dr Reza Adib, Wesley Private Hospital. weight on op day 134kgs, goal weight 75kgs - 177cms

I'm still learning to listen to my stomach or eat slowly. I'm used to shovelling food in.