Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last week i posted a wonderful NSV today after working out like a lunatic all week and keeping my calories to about 600 everyday I get on the scale and only down 2 pounds. I am so upset I really thought I was going to have a big week. I just dont know why I m such a slow loser and I am starting to think I will ever reach onederland let alone my goal of 140.

I know a loss s. Loss but I haven't lst more than 3 pounds in a week sice my first week post op. I am almost 8 weeks out and I haven't reached any of my "mini" goals so far. :(

If you are working out heavily you need to eat more than 600 calories if possible. 2 lbs a week is great,

I agree with MeMeMee. You must fuel your body, especially if you're working out a lot. Otherwise, your body will start using muscle for fuel instead of fat. Also, especially when you first start working out a lot, the body is trying to convert fat to muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Get off the scale and take your measurements. While your weight may remain static, your measurements will show progress.

shake things up with your diet...add in more food, add in a few carbs, increase your Water intake. If you're already doing those things and not losing, then change the amount of food or carbs you're eating. Keep that Water intake high, though.

Do a different kind of exercise, even. Little changes may trick your body into letting go of weight. But, the biggest thing you (we all) need to do is learn to be patient. We didn't gain this weight in a day and we won't lose it in a day. Enjoy this journey.

I agree with MeMeMee. You must fuel your body' date=' especially if you're working out a lot. Otherwise, your body will start using muscle for fuel instead of fat. Also, especially when you first start working out a lot, the body is trying to convert fat to muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Get off the scale and take your measurements. While your weight may remain static, your measurements will show progress.

shake things up with your diet...add in more food, add in a few carbs, increase your Water intake. If you're already doing those things and not losing, then change the amount of food or carbs you're eating. Keep that Water intake high, though.

Do a different kind of exercise, even. Little changes may trick your body into letting go of weight. But, the biggest thing you (we all) need to do is learn to be patient. We didn't gain this weight in a day and we won't lose it in a day. Enjoy this journey.[/quote']

Yes I will try to do what you have suggested I am going to do rumba a few times this week! Thanks for the support and advice :)

Thought a pound of muscle weighed the same as a pound of fat. They just have different densities and therefore fat takes up more space than muscle. So if you are working out and building muscle and losing fat, you will not gain more weight but merely look leaner. Saying muscle weighs more than fat is inaccurate. I keep going up and down in my weight and am a very slow loser myself. A lady that I know that had surgery the same day I did has lost a whole 12lbs more than I have and we work out together daily and do pretty much the same thing. Everyone's metabolism is just different. She is 28 years old, I'm about to be 40. That makes a huge difference in how things work. I say don't stress it too much. It is discouraging at times and I know how badly you want to see results but just think about it. In a few months time when you are down say 60lbs, your skin will look so much nicer because you took the time to allow it to shrink back in place naturally. Plus statistics report that people who lose slower tend to keep it off. Embrace your journey no matter how long it takes you o get there. Slow and steady wins the race.

When people say muscle weighs more than fat, they aren't technically saying a lb of muscle weighs more than a lb of fat. Another way of saying it is "muscle weighs more than fat, given the same volume but I think most people think that is understood .....but the bottom line, like everyone has said is that you may be losing those inches so take measurements and then have something to feel good about. The other good news is that the higher your % of muscle to your total body, the more calories you will burn.

Having more muscle definitely makes everything else work better. It ramps up your metabolism, gives you more endurance for tasks, and makes you look so much better! :)