Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

out of town lap bander

Hi

I am scheduled for lap band surgery Sept 22 in Toronto. I live in North Western Ontario.

It closer for me to go to Winnipeg than Toronto. driving -it takes 4 hours toWpg ~ 24 hours to Toronto

So I am flying in to Toronto for my surgery. I am so excited.:biggrin1:

I am wondering if there is any one out there from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay that has had the surgery and do you go back to Toronto for your fills or have you found someone to do them?

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Lila

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery Lila. I can't help you out with your problem, but just wanted to say "hello" and welcome. Keep us posted with how your doing!!

Thank you every one!!!

Reading this forum has arleady answered so many of the questions I didn't know I had!

Lila

Hi in a pickle,

Your surgery is a week after mine! Are you going to mississauga or the clinic in Toronto?

I'm going to Dr.coburn in Mississauga.

That's quite a distance for you...luckily I'm only a hour away. Going in next week to hand in all my paperwork...then the next time is the big day. Hopefully it comes soon. I've gained 6 lbs since my consultation, having goodbye parties to foods I won't have again. I better start behaving.

Bought a new scale that is all ready to show only numbers going down from now on.

We can do this...it's going to go great.

Are you doing the Optifast for two weeks pre-op? If so we'll be enduring it together for a week.

All the best....glad you joined the boards. :)

Hi Swanny

I only need to do 10 days on Optifast. My surgery is at the clinic in Toronto. I am so excited!

How do put the ticker at the bottom?

Hi Pickle,

I do know of a girl in Manitoba... I think in Dauphin, who's family doctor has been doing her fills for her for about 5 months. She was also banded at the TLBC, so maybe you could ask them about this. She has developed a leak somewhere, which may or may not have been caused by her family doctor doing her fills for her. I'm sure this can happen to anyone, even if you went to the TLBC for fills, there's always a chance of something like that happening.

I'm just not sure what the liability is if something like that happens and say your port or tubing needs to be replaced. Can your surgeon say, "Well hey, I didn't do it!"

She's yet to figure what she's going to do about it, but I'll let you guys know when I do.

If you really want to know, I can find out the info from her.

Mandi