Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freedom... Even If Only For 2 Days!

Hey guys,

So, those who know me, know how stressed and obsessive I can get about pounds not flying off... And how weighing myself several times a day had become a daily ritual, just like brushing my teeth and heck, sometimes like breathing... Well, for a few weeks now, my scale has been bouncing from 328 to 323... I mean like sometimes I see both numbers on a daily basis... However, the only things that fit me in my closet are my earrings!!!

Weighing myself each morning before I go begin my morning grew very depressing and "heavy" for me.. I was expecting huge drops... and it was like.. sitting in the window, waiting for a UPS delivery on a Sunday... sigh... you will be waiting ALL Sunday to no avail!!!!

Anyway, I decided yesterday that I DID NOT choose to get sleeved to help me gain freedom from overeating.... so that I could be enslaved by a 5 lb, glass topped, WW digital scale!!!!

I am not willing to diminish the numerous and amazingly exciting accomplishments I've had just because I don't like the number on the scale... I will NOT use the words "I've only lost" or "____ has lost more than me, what am I doing wrong"....

I will:

• Continue to follow the plan laid out for me
  • Try new things
  • Continue to love the new and exciting things I'm able to do now (DJ a show on my feet for 4 HOURS).. YEP, from 9pm-1am...
  • Soak in all the love, compliments and encouragement from those who appreciate my journey or just the results of it....

I'm not a slave to anything... I am free and will REMAIN free to live, love and laugh!!!

You go girl, that is the attitude you need to succeed! Best of luck to you ( doesnt seem like you need it tho, you are doing great!) You just made me feel more motivated, thanks so much!

favoredone... It sounds to me like you have had, what I call, a 'light bulb' moment!

I too had one a few weeks ago... I am now in the middle of a very long stall... and I MEAN stall... I haven't lost a pound since Oct 11!!! Yea, it sucks and I have been through all the 'why me?', 'what am I doing wrong?', 'I hate myself' and so forth.

It then occured to me that I have lost 73/74lbs... that is no failure... not by any means.... and I am not gaining either, so I can't be doing anything 'wrong'! I mean, c'mon, I am wearing a sixe UK14 that I haven't been able to wear since I got married in 1994... so who give a sh*t what number is on that stupid scale... right? (well, I do care really, but I won't allow it to rule my life and get me down anymore.)

I want to be at my surgeon's goal... and I would LOVE to get to my personal goal... but if I don't, well I don't. I am fit and healthy now and that is the MOST important thing to me... remember goal is a four letter word....lol

I love your positive attitude, you are full of life and sooooo vibrant it just shines through. Good on you I say, make this work for you and no one else... *hugs*

favoredone - we have similar core stats (highest, goal, etc.) My highest weight was about 385 (when I had my lapband). I got down to about 210. Up to 275 with a pregnancy. Down to 250 with a slipped band. Up to 290 through duration of slip. Up to 348 after band removal/while waiting for for sleeve.

The best thing I ever did for myself was get rid of my scale. They're the most toxic friend we (or anyone trying to lose weight) can have. They almost mock us into a sick sort of dependent, bipolar relationship. What actual person would we ever tolerate that from??

And they're not good tools for measuring fat loss anyway, and fat loss is what matters. Weight scmeight. Have long hair? You way more. Have to poop? You weigh more. Ankles a little swollen from a day at the desk? You're going to weigh more. PMS? Weigh more. Humid? Weigh more. See where I'm going?

I won't soapbox about this - again. I just HATE seeing what scles do to people.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/33632-not-loosing-weight/page__p__294501#entry294501

Just what I needed to hear today. Thank You!

Thanks guys... I just had to get it out... I'm glad it helped... I know this will be a definite repeat read!!

You know how they have "guns for cash" programs aimed at getting guns off the street? I'm going to start a "scales for cash" foundation aimed at helping every weight obsessed person out there break up the toxic relationship.

Everyone send me $5 so I can get rich and start the foundation.

Absolutely wonderful attitude to have!! I don't know why we have for so long let a piece of equipment run by a three dollar battery dictate our worth and happiness! I weigh myself every 3 weeks if I remember to do so. I think the stress of weighing every day actually can cause you to not lose weight.

I don't answer to a scale - I answer to me

Sent from my iPhone using VST