Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What in the world could have caused this?

Okay,

So, I'm 5 1/2 weeks postop, have felt absolutely wonderful, got my first fill from Dr. Curry little over week ago, 1.5cc, scheduled for another fill Tuesday since I've felt NO restriction. This morning when I got up and took my daily meds, I noticed the big gulps of Water I always take took a little while to go down so that would be the ONLY type of little restriction I've felt as since fill I can tell no difference.

Well, yesterday got T.O.M. for first time since before surgery and I've lost weight really well but you guys won't believe today. I've eat everything in sight. I mean, just everything, I have no problems with anything and I've always followed bandster eating habits, have continued to loose without restriction just dedication and wham, bam, thank you mam a day from hell. What in the world could have caused this and I know some people feel like the fill could take a couple of weeks to take affect, Tuesday will be 2 weeks and wouldn't you go ahead with a little more fill since I can eat anything. I lost so good I'm afraid of this eating like today it wouldn't take much to gain my weight back again, although the water thing today shows a tiny bit of restriction forming but we went on the side of caution with this first fill since I live so far away, so what is someone else's opinion on what happened today and your thoughts on a little more fill?

You know how much I value everyone's opinion.

Thanks everyone,

Can I ask who did your fill?

Dr. Curry, he is a fabulous surgeon and I just met him last week but I really like him I just don't know yet what to ask them and not ask them. He specializes in the lap band surgery but I had my surgery done in Mexico by Dr.Sanchez who is also fabulous.

I noticed last month that about a week before T.O.M., I had 3-5 days where I felt out of control. My brain was screaming carbs! carbs! carbs! I couldn't seem to help myself and I was deathly afraid that I'd start bingeing and never stop. Just like the good old days. (NOT). But once Aunt Flo's train arrived at the station, the urge went away completely. Now I've accepted that every month, there are going to be a few days when I struggle and during that time I focus not on losing, but on maintaining.

$%^&$# hormones!

:)

I don't want to appear dumb, stupid, or ignorant, but what is T.O.M.?

Can someone tell me how to make my ticker move?

Thanks,

Don't feel dumb, stupid or ignorant! Asking questions is how we find out things we don't yet know. As others have said TOM is our abbreviation for Time of the Month, referring to periods. There are a lot of abbreviations used here, and you'll find most of them listed if you click on this link it will open a thread that is in the FAQ (frequently asked questions) Forum:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7959

About that ticker, it won't move on its own. You'll have to delete the code in your signature and then go back to tickerfactory.com and enter the new numbers for your current weight, then copy the code again, and paste into your signature. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really only takes a minute, as tickerfactory usually remembers what you have set up already.

Cheers

Dr. Curry, he is a fabulous surgeon and I just met him last week but I really like him I just don't know yet what to ask them and not ask them. He specializes in the lap band surgery but I had my surgery done in Mexico by Dr.Sanchez who is also fabulous.

I just got back from Monterrey and I used Dr.Zapata, he is Dr. Sanchez's

backup doctor. I like him a lot, he is very nice and not arrogant at all like

American doctors. He takes his time with you, visits at the motel room and

listens to everything you say and answers all your questions. I can't say

enough good about him and also gives you a list of drs. who will do fills in

the U.S. how rare is that?

Anniemay