Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish They Would Come Out With Something New Besides Sleeve.

Why cant they just create a pill that expands in your tummy to make u feel full instead of the pill. Why can't someone come up with a true plan of meals to loose weight? So fustrated. Weight loss is so difficult.

there are plenty of meal plans out there that work - the problem is, people don't stick to them.

I used to think this before the surgery. I know that the time you are having is rough...deciding whether or not to have surgery....I will just say that the only regert of having this surgery that I have is not doing it sooner. good luck! :)

Yes, there are gazillions of meal plans, Meal Replacements and diet books - all of which work. Until you stop.

There are also pills to reduce hunger - fibre pills and amphetamines. These also work. Until you stop.

Most of us here have tried some, if not all the above methods - and failed in the end.

I keep asking myself "Why did I ever need a stomach that could hold 6-6.5 cups of food EVER?!"

Weight loss is not easy. But has anything really worth it been easy to come by?

Why cant they just create a pill that expands in your tummy to make u feel full instead of the pill. Why can't someone come up with a true plan of meals to loose weight? So fustrated. Weight loss is so difficult.

Chia seeds will expand in your stomach and make u feel full according to the nutritionist I saw - she said to mix them in with food (nothing too wet) and once liquid hits them they will expand in your stomach making you feel full. Haven't tried it yet but a few people at the doctors office had and said they worked.

Lipozine is made up of powdered Konjac root. When it is ingested it takes the Fluid retained in your stomach and turns it into Gelatin. Konjac is made into all kinds of foods in asia like the Shirataki noodles that you hear alot of us talk about because they are zero calorie noodles. Does Lipozine work for an unsleeved patient? Haha why am I sleeved then. Now that I look back on it I ate healthy before except for breads and fruits "carb high foods". I just had problems with Portion Control cause I was never taught what a real portion really was growing up in the south. But being I always ate healthy before has helped me post op by losing at a good pace. I am in control now.

But all in all if your always hungry now. Your doomed to fail. I believe it is possible to do it without surgery but I was in a spot to where I really didnt have a chance to take a chance anymore. But I told my wife that after doing the preop diet correctly in the end ,the lifetime of hunger finally disappeared. At that point I knew that I had regained control but I was already paid up for my surgery and I didnt want to back out now since I was already there.

There's some kind of bar that's supposed to simulate the effects of the lapband. I saw it on an infomercial twice when I was home recvoering from sleeve surgery (after revision from a band) - how ironic. ;) But I have no idea what it is called. I'm guessing it works on an expansion principle. But the question then becomes, do you really want to eat something that expands that much? What's it going to do to you from the stomach down? Almost makes me cringe.

You can cut any thing out of your diet and lose weight. Carbs/sugar, fat, calories, etc. Unfortuntely our brains are not usually along for the ride.

As others have said, there are lots of things that work. As long as you keep them up. Just like the sleeve or any permanent bariatrics; they have to be lifelong commitments.

Many of us don't really have a problem losing weight. We've been there, done that, a few times over. Our limitation is in keeping the weight off. That's because most people see "diets" as temporary states that you do until something, then can stop. Yet somehow still expect to maintain the loss. True diets are intended to be short term. But very few of us benefit from short term. People who get to the point of MO usually need more than a diet. That's the whole premise behind the necessity for a true ifetime comittment of lifestyle change.

Even WLS won't ensure weightloss if you can't make the necessary changes. Look at the band (and to a different degree, the sleeve). Since they're restrictive, you're responsible for everything you eat. When I had my lapband I could (on average) eat 1/4 - 1/2 C of solid food. But bet your booty I could suck down a super mega shake without thinking twice, if I wanted to. Maybe now I can't do super mega, but I could still make the wrong choices and be completely accountable for them.

We don't need a food that fills us up. We need a pill that fixes our brains. It's not our stomachs that are killing us, it's our cognition.

Lipozine is made up of powdered Konjac root. When it is ingested it takes the Fluid retained in your stomach and turns it into Gelatin. Konjac is made into all kinds of foods in asia like the Shirataki noodles that you hear alot of us talk about because they are zero calorie noodles. Does Lipozine work for an unsleeved patient? Haha why am I sleeved then. Now that I look back on it I ate healthy before except for breads and fruits "carb high foods". I just had problems with Portion Control cause I was never taught what a real portion really was growing up in the south. But being I always ate healthy before has helped me post op by losing at a good pace. I am in control now.

But all in all if your always hungry now. Your doomed to fail. I believe it is possible to do it without surgery but I was in a spot to where I really didnt have a chance to take a chance anymore. But I told my wife that after doing the preop diet correctly in the end ,the lifetime of hunger finally disappeared. At that point I knew that I had regained control but I was already paid up for my surgery and I didnt want to back out now since I was already there.

D- it wouldn't have lasted, and you know it. The only reason I could stand the pre op liquids, is because I knew help was on the way. This is the first time in my entire life I truly feel in control of my stomach. It's just a whole different ball game now. I don't just WISH I could stop eating. I HAVE stopped and it's glorious! Trying to live on 800 calories pre op? OOOOOO forget it!! I'd have KILLED someone with one of their own limbs! (I was raised by a southern woman...I know what that's like ;) )

Chia seeds will expand in your stomach and make u feel full according to the nutritionist I saw - she said to mix them in with food (nothing too wet) and once liquid hits them they will expand in your stomach making you feel full. Haven't tried it yet but a few people at the doctors office had and said they worked.

I've heard that, too, but since we have a very limited stomach capacity and our stomachs will hardly stretch, I personally don't feel comfortable trying that. Maybe only a very small amount, like a teaspoon of seeds? I'd hate to end up with a bezoar or something.

Also, I've heard they are working on a pill to try and block ghrelin somehow. That's something I'd definitely be interested in. However, that'd do nothing for emotional eating and binging.

At the end of the day, hunger really has nothing to do with it. ;)

You can cut any thing out of your diet and lose weight. Carbs/sugar, fat, calories, etc. Unfortuntely our brains are not usually along for the ride.

As others have said, there are lots of things that work. As long as you keep them up. Just like the sleeve or any permanent bariatrics; they have to be lifelong commitments.

Many of us don't really have a problem losing weight. We've been there, done that, a few times over. Our limitation is in keeping the weight off. That's because most people see "diets" as temporary states that you do until something, then can stop. Yet somehow still expect to maintain the loss. True diets are intended to be short term. But very few of us benefit from short term. People who get to the point of MO usually need more than a diet. That's the whole premise behind the necessity for a true ifetime comittment of lifestyle change.

We don't need a food that fills us up. We need a pill that fixes our brains. It's not our stomachs that are killing us, it's our cognition.

Well said! (I edited out some of your post but kept the gist of it.)

Also' date=' I've heard they are working on a pill to try and block ghrelin somehow. That's something I'd definitely be interested in. However, that'd do nothing for emotional eating and binging.[/quote']

That would be so nice. I cant wait to hear more of this pill.

My friend in Saudi Arabia just had the balloon done. No scars, no cutting, big in Europe, not offered here. They place a balloon in your stomach then fill it up with air??? Not sure what they fill it up with. In 6 months the balloon deflates and you pass it through your bowels. He was able to lose the same amount of weight as I did, but could easily gain it all back. I think this is a great alternative for someone with 40 to 60 pounds to lose. His wife had the bypass and is already gaining weight back after 3 years.