Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Talk About Toots, Shall We?

Oh my Lord, am I really posting questions about passing gas?!? Sorry all!

Sleeved on 4/24. I passed a bit of gas in hospital and next day.....maybe 3 uneventful times. Nothing since. No gas. No BM since last Sunday!!!!

Anyone out there in the same boat!? Have your docs told you anything? Any advice?

I never thought I'd pray to pass gas but my tummy is so distended and uncomfortable.

Thanks for your time xoxoxo

I received a call from my nurse at UHC today to go over the after surgery suggestions. He told me not to expect to have a BM soon after the surgery. How long has it been?

It's been 7 full days. And I had solid foods the entire week before surgery... So I'm concerned! Thanks for the reply.

My doctor told me to get stool softners and to start using them when I get home from surgery and to use gas-ex Surgery has an effect on bm's so it needs a little help.

I was allowed to drink apple juice and they said to drink it watered down or It would make my stool runny. So on day 7 when I didn't have a BM I just drank a little straight apple juice.

Debella, thank you. I have some in the fridge. I'll take some in the am and perhaps go for a long walk. I appreciate your time & tip!

I don't think that's so unusual for us sleevers. I went 6 days before it happened for me, then again the next day, then another 6 or 7 days before another victory. Now that I'm on mushies I can feel things rolling around more often. I never felt constipated or bloated but became concerned that I was growing cobwebs back there......lol

yep, it took me a week to go. Surgeon was not concerned. Advised me to take stool softeners every day, and on day 6 told me to take a laxative like Milk of Magnesia. I did, and the next day I had a bm. Don't think you need Gasx when you don't have any gas!!! :)

I was sleeved on 4/16/12 and I haven't had gas like this since I was pregnant! I'm pretty sure I brought a tear to my dog's eye. Milk of magnesia has been my savior when it comes to pooping. It's really helped with the gas. Before the MOM, my hubby and I would listen to tummy rock and roll and wonder if someone left their IPod in there after the surgery.

I was sleeved on the 24th and finally had my fist BM yesterday. I went to the store and bought some cheap glycerine suppositories. I think they were $2.50 for a bottle of 50. Had to use them a couple of days, but they finally worked. Also, narcotics cause a lot of stoppage.

Another idea my Dr gave me was a gentle laxative called Miralax. I found the generic version and will be trying it if I continue to have troubles because it is supposed to be unflavored and you can add it to Water, supposedly with no flavor (we'll see about that). Good luck, it is extremely uncomfortable.

Oh my Lord' date=' am I really posting questions about passing gas?!? Sorry all!

Sleeved on 4/24. I passed a bit of gas in hospital and next day.....maybe 3 uneventful times. Nothing since. No gas. No BM since last Sunday!!!!

Anyone out there in the same boat!? Have your docs told you anything? Any advice?

I never thought I'd pray to pass gas but my tummy is so distended and uncomfortable.

Thanks for your time xoxoxo[/quote']

I was the same way the first week. It was suggested I take milk of magnesia and that worked for me.

Ok, thanks everyone for the toot chat & support! Hitting CVS today to grab some delicious <sarcasm> Milk of Magnesia!

Have a great, healthy day all!

I was sleeved on the 24th and finally had my fist BM yesterday. I went to the store and bought some cheap glycerine suppositories. I think they were $2.50 for a bottle of 50. Had to use them a couple of days, but they finally worked. Also, narcotics cause a lot of stoppage.

Another idea my Dr gave me was a gentle laxative called Miralax. I found the generic version and will be trying it if I continue to have troubles because it is supposed to be unflavored and you can add it to Water, supposedly with no flavor (we'll see about that). Good luck, it is extremely uncomfortable.

Miralax worked great for my hubby when he was going through chemo treatment and while he was on certain meds that caused the problem. I would mix itin with Water and he was unable to tell it was there.