Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Found Good Flavored Protein

You might want to try "About Time". I ordered a multi pack of 12 individual packs that included 2 vanilla, 2 strawberry, 2 chocolate, 2 Cinnamon Swirl, 2 Birthday Cake, 1 Mocha Mint and 1 Peaches & Cream. Each About Time Single Serve Pack contains 25 grams of 100% whey Protein Isolate. (24 grams in chocolate and Mocha Mint) No artificial flavoring. No artificial sweeteners.

I have tried the Cinnamon and strawberry so far. They are not overly sweet tasting like some of the other brands I have tried, nor is the flavor overpowering or artifical tasting. There is no chaulky after taste. They are sweetened with Stevia.

103-106 calories, 0 fat, 41 mg Sodium, 0 carbs

http://www.tryabouttime.com/

Not to mention when some people have these "nutrition bars" they may get a familiar craving stuck in their head and start reaching for the "real" thing. I avoid them mainly for the fact that I don't like to load up on carbs, which is sadly one of the bigger problems with those bars.

EXACTLY! My doctor said it's a slippery slope when you try a Protein bar and get the taste for "candy" bar or more sugar in general. Granted, most of us have more restraint than that -- but if you're prone to grazing or cheats, Protein Bars could be a gateway food.

As for Protein guidelines, my doctor gave me a 32-page "manifesto" that says aim for 60grams daily for the first two weeks, of course most people only get 30-40 in the first few days. whey protein ISOLATE is ideal, though there are great soy alternatives if you're vegetarian or lactose intolerant. That's why I like Syntrax nectar and unjury, they have 20-24g per servings and like I said, if you get them in tubs you can do more than one scoop. Syntrax also has sample packs that are great for on-the-go in your purse or car. Just keep a Blender Bottle, find some Water and voila - protein drink!

Once you hit mushies in week three, they encourage you to aim for 70-90g of protein. This is easier to hit once you get to solid foods in month two. Oh, and these numbers are for women. Men sometimes need 15-20% more protein simply for having higher metabolisms. Carbs should be below 40g and come from healthy vegetables and a minimum amount of fruits. Juices are not recommended for the first 3 months because of trying to kick the sugar-taste habit. Even with veggies, avoid high sugar ones like carrots, peas, beets and try for more greens (they have Fiber, to boot!) Also, watch your fats. My doc/nut want me to keep below 12g per day, but I do best when I stay under 20g (personally).