Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from South-Western Ontario?

:welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB: :welcomeB:

Welcome to Swanny, and to and Taymac!!!!!!

Please keep in touch with us and let us know how it is going. You will not regret your decisions.

Hey Neenaugh, you were worrying us, where have you been, we missed you. Hey only 2 more weeks!!!!!

I know, I know what your thinking Yoda, enough with the smilies and theatrics...:rolleyes:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

my EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been BLINDED!!!

:rolleyes::D:) :eek: :eek:

Hey Cloe, I'm still kicking, I only have access to a computer at work tho. And the damn patrons keep making unreasonable demands like " can you help me find a book?" what do they think this is, a library?...oh, wait, it is a library....NEVER MIND :rolleyes: any hoo, i'm in a pissy mood cuz of the opticrap, and i'm trying not to whine and blabber too much. arrggghhhh

Hi Taymac:

I was banded June 8th at the TLBC but live 2 hours n/e of Toronto. I own/operate a fine dining restaurant in cottage and tourist country and this is our busy season, we work 7 days from May to Sept....so, it would be absolutely impossible for me to get to Toronto for my fills.

Kathy, the post-op coordinator at TLBC gave me a DVD to pass onto my GP who has agreed to do my fills even though he has never done this before. The DVD is produced by Dr. Joffe and gives full instructions on the procedure.

I have had 2 fills so far and the only charge I have had to pay was for the bottle of Saline....$3.00...which should do me for all my fills.

My GP got the fill bang on both times....I never felt a thing....it didn't take much of his time at all.

I hope this helps.

Carol

Hey Cloe, I'm still kicking, I only have access to a computer at work tho. And the damn patrons keep making unreasonable demands like " can you help me find a book?" what do they think this is, a library?...oh, wait, it is a library....NEVER MIND :rolleyes: any hoo, i'm in a pissy mood cuz of the opticrap, and i'm trying not to whine and blabber too much. arrggghhhh

LOL@ Neenagh!!! that's funny. I have the opposite problem...I have a comp at work but this site is firewalled out!!!

Hey...do you not mix in flavoured extracts with your Optifast??!!! That makes a whole world of difference!

Kathy, the post-op coordinator at TLBC gave me a DVD to pass onto my GP who has agreed to do my fills even though he has never done this before. The DVD is produced by Dr. Joffe and gives full instructions on the procedure.

I have had 2 fills so far and the only charge I have had to pay was for the bottle of Saline....$3.00...which should do me for all my fills.

My GP got the fill bang on both times....I never felt a thing....it didn't take much of his time at all.

I hope this helps.

Carol

MANDI!!! Did you hear that? That is kewl WoodyS about your GP doing the fills.....and Buffie's has no problem either. Time to get yourself a GP Mandi and forget this other doc guy that has no sensitivity!!!

LOL@ Neenagh!!! that's funny. I have the opposite problem...I have a comp at work but this site is firewalled out!!!

Hey...do you not mix in flavoured extracts with your Optifast??!!! That makes a whole world of difference!

Yoda, I'm a woman on the edge, don't toy with me, what the h*ll is a flavoured extract and where can i get one. I'M DESEPERATE I TELL YOU! please god let it come in cheeseburger and fries flavour

Neenagh: you poor woman you!!!

My chef husband did some WONDERFUL things with my Optifast when I did that program a few years ago.

Extracts is key and hugely improves the flavour and plus makes you feel like you are having something "different" when in reality is the same ol' same ol'.

He would use the following extracts (sometimes mix and match): vanilla, peppermint, butterscotch, orange, lemon, bananna...etc. Put in about 1 tsp to 1 tbsp (or more...depending on how strong you want the flavour) and then mix it all up....YUUUUUMY!!!! You are allowed extracts!

Give it a whirl and experiment!!! Get your butt down to the baking aisle and buy them bottles!!!

Neenagh: you poor woman you!!!

My chef husband did some WONDERFUL things with my Optifast when I did that program a few years ago.

Extracts is key and hugely improves the flavour and plus makes you feel like you are having something "different" when in reality is the same ol' same ol'.

He would use the following extracts (sometimes mix and match): vanilla, peppermint, butterscotch, orange, lemon, bananna...etc. Put in about 1 tsp to 1 tbsp (or more...depending on how strong you want the flavour) and then mix it all up....YUUUUUMY!!!! You are allowed extracts!

Give it a whirl and experiment!!! Get your butt down to the baking aisle and buy them bottles!!!

god bless you and keep you mother o'yoda, (apparently i become more irish when starving) my butt (along with the rest of me) is headed straight to zehrs after work!

Oh my, so much action here!! New people all over the place!!! And Neenagh is here again!

Welcome, you guys!!!

(Yoda, yeah... I knew about the DVD thing, and it's definitely a possibility later on, if I find a good Dr here, and I can't get a fill... again! Dr. Cobourn used to do the DVD thing too, apparently, so... maybe he's got some leftovers kicking around that he'd give me if I was desperate enough!)

I hope you all post lots, and keep us updated on how everything goes, and is going... and everything!

Mandi

Argon...I'm sure I can get you one from TLBC if required!!!

Neenagh: don't forget the almond extract too!!! That was one of the best ones!!!!

*waves at everyone*....glad to see so many new people here!

Oh my, so much action here!! New people all over the place!!! And Neenagh is here again!

Welcome, you guys!!!

(Yoda, yeah... I knew about the DVD thing, and it's definitely a possibility later on, if I find a good Dr here, and I can't get a fill... again! Dr. Cobourn used to do the DVD thing too, apparently, so... maybe he's got some leftovers kicking around that he'd give me if I was desperate enough!)

I hope you all post lots, and keep us updated on how everything goes, and is going... and everything!

Mandi

Hi mandy, I'm gonna ask Mumford for a dvd too, just in case! CONGRATS on the new job btw:clap2:

Hi Cloe and Swanny,

Great to hear from you both. I started the wheels in motion this morning - with Dr. Coburn. They've said I can do my initial consult by phone and then take it from there. Approximately how long was it before the consult? They are saying 4-6 weeks after the consult for the procedure.

Way to go Swanny! Sept 15th is really close. What sort of tests did you have to undertake before getting your date for surgery? I suddenly feel like binging already just thinking about it.

I'm glad about both your feelings about "telling" people - I feel the same way. I guess I'm a little embarassed, like I can't manage to lose the weight myself.Anyway, it's nice to hear from folks who have done it and someone who is just heading into it. Thanks!

PS - how do you get those pictures next to your name to appear at the top of the email? - the snowman and the cat?

I had my consult today Aug 16 I live in Northern ontario so I did it on the phone and my surgery is booked for Sept 22. That is at the TLBC I think that's the initials !!

Lila

Lila..........where in Northern Ontario are you located? Regarding your fills....if it is going to a problem for you travelling to Toronto for your fills read my earlier post....scroll down.

Carol

Hi Woodys - Thanks for the "fill" info re the DVD! My local GP is really supportive so I'm going to ask him if he would be OK doing it. And I'll check with the folks at Dr. Coburn's to see if they still have the DVDs - Argon you mentioned they used to/possibly have them.

This is great - I'd better send an email to see if Dr. Coburn's office received my paperwork - it took three attempts to fax it through. Off to work - a happy camper.

Thanks everyone - Tay.