Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These artificial sweetners are killing me. Do you think 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea will hurt ?????

it could, yes. sugar can make you sick. have you tried a real lemon or something similar? just an idea :)

it gets better. I use 3 equals in my coffee. took me a good 6 months to get used to it. now sugar tastes horrible

Yep. Sugar will hurt you. Avoid it like the plague..It's the pesky carbs in the sugar that cause us problems because they make us feel hungry and want more sugar. Get used to one of the artificial sweeteners or learn to drink it without sugar. I use Protein powder in my coffee instead of Creamer and I NOW like it that way. :)

Good luck!! :)

Since my tummy does much better on real foods, I try to stay away from artificial sugar, although I do eat sugar-free Popsicles! Rarely do I sweeten my hot tea, but when I do I use raw honey. I also make my own electrolyte drink with Water, raw honey, fresh lemon juice and a good, unrefined sea salt.

I just got some domino brand organic agave nectar? I put it in my tea. I haven't had vsg yet though.

I just got some domino brand organic agave nectar? I put it in my tea. I haven't had vsg yet though.

agave nectar has TONS of sugar in it. like honey use it sparingly

honey is also harder for your body to digest. My dr told me not to use it at all. I use stevia, it is a sugar based product, has a better flavor than others in my opinion. I replaced all the sugar in my house with stevia and oddly my kids like it better.

I am of a different mindset with regards to artificial anything. It has been proven that they are just as bad for you as sugar, if not worse. They cause insulin release just like sugar does in many people. It's best to get to a point where you avoid both altogether, or at least cut waaaay back. I have two packets of splenda with my coffee and that is IT. Once I'm healed from surgery I will go low carb on everything and go back to my lifestyle of little to no sugar or artificial sweeteners. I'm even worried about the crystal light I know I will be drinking post op!!!

I drink Water. No diet drinks. That's it. Boring as hell, but better than loading up on diet drinks all day!! :)

Whatever we choose, moderation is the key! Have never heard that honey is hard to digest; in fact, I have read just the opposite. IMO the key is how little processing a product goes through. Even the herb Stevia is so highly processed today that it causes potential side effects, too. The less processed any food is, the better it is for us. Again, this is just my opinion.

I totally agree Js! Whole foods that are not processed are best. And moderation is key! You said it best. :)

I use flavored creamer which has sugar in it but very sparingly. Too much will cause dumping to occur which can give you the runs.

I use flavored creamer which has sugar in it but very sparingly. Too much will cause dumping to occur which can give you the runs.

Like coffee creamer?

Do you all think I'll be able to drink the sugar free Wylers drink powder or Walmart drink powder. They come in a box of 12 tube packets. I bought a bunch of boxes cuz i really like them.