Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Day Home From Hospital

I can barely eat anything or drink anything. Is.this normal? I'm not throwing up or anything just feel bad when I do certain things

I can barely eat anything or drink anything. Is.this normal? I'm not throwing up or anything just feel bad when I do certain things

I was the same way. Your new sleeve is swollen. Each day gets easier. Try to get your fluids in. Room temp Water goes down a lot easier. Good luck and don't force food or liquid. Sip sip sip

Yes it is normal. I was the same way. I was told that the mind has to get to the same page as your stomach. I sipped alot of Water and Lemon crstal light. It will take a while for you stomach to allow other items. Just try to have something every hour. Tea, broth, Water, crystal light try Jello too.

Good luck

your not suppose to eat anything, just drink. i hated chicken broth so i put a can of campells chicken noodle Soup in blender and liquified it, yummy. popsicles were easy for me. I seem to like cold liquids more than warm liquids. you'll get better i am 7 day post op today, just remember if you crave something dont do it you'll get sick . let your sleeve heal. good luck .....oh walk walk walk......i am walking six miles a day as of today good way to release the gases :blink:

Totally normal, I was the same way. Room temperature or warm liquids go down a lot better than cold. I sipped alot of warm tea and chicken broth for the first few weeks. Don't get discouraged, it does get better!

You shouldn't be eating anything at this point. Try some low sodium Wyler's chicken boullion. You will find it better to have warm or room temp liquids rather than very cold or on ice at this early stage. Try SF jelloe or SF pops. Your sleeve needs to heal. iIt is still swollen so treat it with care and you will be OK. Your food time will come, don't worry.

I'm not eating solids.. my doctor releases us on pureed.. i think i may stick with liquid for a while