Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WLS & Tattoos

I have not heard that Red can not be removed. I had black lasered to lighten it so I could cover it with a lighter color. The black light ink costs the artist anywhere from 4 to 8 times more than regular in. Here is a great link with some really good info on the ink and some photos. http://www.crazychameleonbodyartsupply.com/crazy-chameleon-blacklight-tattoo-ink-faq-main.htm I don't have any blacklight stuff, my guy won't touch the stuff he says it can't be safe. But I know people that have it and it is cool. I am really fair skinned and have very sensitive skin and he worries about me having a reaction. He's like a brother to me so I wouldn't consider going elsewhere. It is also more expensive because the artist has to work under a black light while tattooing and that is very hard on the eyes. ~Mandy

Cheers for the link. I will definitely check it out. The additional cost definitely makes sense now. I never thought about the difficulty for the artist before. Maybe not such a great idea...I would hate to think I was being "one of those" customers :cool:

Some artist love doing them, look around if that is what you really want. I think there may even be a list of artist that buy from that site. They look cool and can easily be hidden if needed. But before you have it done make sure you have seen some examples of their blacklight work. You don't want to be the one they experiment on. ~Mandy

I promised to post a pic of my new tat. It was taken the day after I got it so my foot is pretty swollen and it was with the camera phone so not the best quality but here ya go!

Looking great DrewsLou!

Don't think I will have my feet done in the near future, but I have gotten some on my arms.

Mandy, could I ask you a question too?

How do you take care of a new upper back tattoo?

I plan on getting one in a few weeks and am kind of wondering.

Thanks,

Carola

post-205842-13813133980774_thumb.jpg

post-205842-13813133981073_thumb.jpg

I use lubriderm on all of my tattoos, nothing else. I wash them each day with liquid dial and then apply sensitive skin lubriderm several times each day. I let them breath as much as possible and never pick a tattoo. If it itches lightly tap it or scratch around it. Keep it out of the sun and make sure to use sunscreen anytime it will be exposed to direct sun. They heal on their own and really don't need antibiotic creams and such to heal. I know that most places used to recomend triple antibiotic ointment or neosporin, but most of the places around here no longer use any of those things. Most places are telling people that lubriderm or aveno sensitive skin lotions are best. Let me know if you have any other questions. ~Mandy

As soon as the PS gives me the OK, I am getting a tattoo on my belly. Either a Water lilly, or lotus. I still have to find something I like.

ETA I already have a butterfly and scroll work on my lower back. I had it done at my high weight, and am really surprised at how well it held up. I will find a pic.

Hey I just thought I would show one of mine...its still in progress

post-207919-13813133981318_thumb.jpg

Thats my leg...it goes allllll the way down...and eventually...all the way up...lol..in real lif my leg doesnt look so damn fat!..lol...but its the only angle I could get most of it in.

I had a tattoo done yesterday on my diaphram scar. I'm happy with it and I hope that it will not become warped as I still have some weight to lose and a TT to have done. I'm 25lbs away from goal and i can only hope the doc does not put me back together all crooked. Here's my recent addition. The rest of my tattoos will also be in the asian, western style.

tattoo3.jpg