Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knee Replacement Surgery Tomorrow

to my fellow sleevers :)

tommorrow 4/26/12 i have my 2nd knee replacement. Five years ago i had the left knee done, now the right knee wants to keep it company. I know i'm a more experienced camper now, but it still hurts as much <_<

i know that many, many of my fellow sleevers have also had this nasty knee replacement - nobody likes i. As with the WLS , i really don't have any problem with having "the surgery" what i dread is the after surgery work <_<

in wls, it was the preparing of food, not knowing how well i would do with eating, or this or that etcl. I never had any problems with recovery so that was great. After 4+ months i've lost almost 60 lbs and counting, i continue to do well. ;)

my knee surgery, after the fact, will be more difficult. Unlike the wls, i know i will be in pain post surgery. i will go a rehab facility (mp) for 10 days post surgery, then continue with out patient pt once i get home. :(

i will be MIA from the puter for a couple of weeks - please be thinking of me ok

egadddds - here goes..........................

kathy

:unsure:

Kathy ~ I am going to miss you. So sad you have to have this surgery! Please check in when you can to let us know how your doing after the knee replacement surgery. ;)

Good luck. I keep you in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good luck with the surgery. You'll do fine. I had my knee replace around 18 months ago so I know exactly what you'll be going through. As my physical therapist once joked, "PT stands for 'pain and torture'". At least you'll be able to go home after ten days. I spent three weeks in the rehab facility and then had another two months of out-patient PT after that. It's not fun but I've got to admit that I'm pleased with the results. Think about how good you'll feel after it's all over. :)

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

good luck I will be thinking of you. I have ACI surgery last May/2011. Also called Carticel. It is like a knee cartilage transplant. I just had my WLS 3/2012. I know all too well about rehab and pain. I will be praying for good pain management and don't for get to take some stool softener with all those pain meds.

I am going to miss you. So sad you have to have this surgery!

Dorrie,

Awwwww shucks. :wub: you are so sweet.

yeah, i'm pretty nervous about whats gonna happen to me post surgery. All that rehab & PT are the pits. Why can't we just snap are fingers and make everything all gone, no more pain ;) i know it doesn't work that way :(

been going to ALL my doctors this past week, so i wouldn't have more apptointment for a while. after i came home. Only place i plan on going post surger is PT. Appt. will be after 4:00 pm so my DH can take me to appt.

today went to the podiatrist, my toesnail cut are so pretty ;) They will put the lift in my new sneaker once i come home from rehab. Left leg has been shorter past couple of years, due to falls causing my femur to break twice. anyways.... thats why i use a lift in my shoe to compensate the left leg being shorter, or the right one being longer - depends on how you look at is :lol:

bring the surgery on, as they say - break a leg :D couldn't resist :lol:

kathy

I know all too well about rehab and pain

debellafunk

thanx for the nice thoughts, hope your surgery on your knee went fine, and your feeling all the better for it

i'm sure my replacement surgery will go fine, its the after work (PT) that i hate. but i'll live ---- i think

i see you are about 5 weeks post WLS. hope things are going well, and your enjoying the sleeve.

again thanx for your thoughts

kathy

I had my knee replace around 18 months ago so I know exactly what you'll be going through. As my physical therapist once joked, "PT stands for 'pain and torture'".

thanx mews, i apreciate your kind words - the quote that your PT shared "PT stand for "pain and torture" - i totally love that

Good luck. I keep you in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

rms

good thoughts and prayers are always appreciated

thanx

kathy

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

Christine

"Prayers and good thoughts coming your way" -

from your lips to Gods ears ;)

thanx

kathy

Awwww Kathy! :( I'm sorry you're having to go through that! I know my knees won't hold out forever either, as I've been putting both mine off for a few years now. I still have a little bit more left in them but I'm aware it will happen someday.

Hugs~!! I'll miss ya, but as soon as you can please check in. :)

My husband had a knee transplant and he was only in the hospital for around 4 days. Then Kaiser had a PT and a nurse come to the house to check on him. He did great and recover in 6 weeks. He's doing great and that's been about 2 years. ;)