Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Truth Has Set Me Free, But As Gloria Steinem Said.....

It will piss you off first!!!! Boy was she right.....I was pissed, in denial and very defensive......

Now, after 7 months post-op, I now realize how much in denial I was.....and it feels great to admit that. Easier now than then....I wrote a piece about this in my weekly blog today (click on link below). I think it's something we all need to realize.....that it's hard to admit we have problems when we can't see a way out.....but once we've achieved success.....it all seems so clear.....if you know someone who is struggling with denial, or is coming up with every reason not to do this, please have them read this week's post.

Thanks for all the support.

Yep, denial is a defense mechanism that protects us from being hurt. It's not exactly healthy, but we all do it. It is really hard for us to look at ourselves, but on this journey, it is extremely important to look at ourselves and face the perils of ourselves. The sleeve is just a tool and can not change our thoughts. Only we can challenge our thoughts by becoming consiously aware of them. This is painful at time, but well worth it if we want to remain healthy and stay slender. It's one person at a time. ;)

I can't see the link : (

But I know what you mean. When I was big, I didn't give myself credit for doing a good job, I didn't put myself out there to be noticed, I hid away. Now, I'm a year out and I've been promoted 3 times in my job! I went from being a baker, to being the head baker, to being the assistant manager, I now have my own bakery!!! I run half marathons!! I wear colour ( instead of grey and white). People comment all the time on my positive attitude. I am so much happier as the new me!! Denial was a terrible thing for me.....

Wow, congratulations on all your accomplishments!!! The fact that you did this while you were working (and still are) as a baker is incredible!!!! That's amazing in itself. Love your story.....

On the link, you may not have your settings set so you see others signature so you may want to check that. For some reason this forum doesn't want you to put the link to your blog in the message which I disagree with because I think we are all here to support each other and many have told me that they don't know how to get to my blog. But we are allowed to put them in our signature. I write my blog every Sunday for NO other reason than to perhaps inspire others because I may not have had this surgery without the inspiration of someone elses blog. So I'll go out on a limb here (and maybe get my hand slapped again) by giving the link here: www.queenofcrop.com even though it's also on my signature.

Thanks for your story too, I'm going to share it with my friend I mention in my blog as I hoping she will also consider having a sleeve done.

All the best